Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman:............ 'We're solid on all fronts' « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : August 14, 2011, 08:02:31 PM »

Freeman: 'We're solid on all fronts'

August, 14, 2011
Aug 14    6:14PM ET
Source:    ESPN  By Pat Yasinskas

TAMPA, Fla. -- The frequent criticism -- even from fans -- is that the Buccaneers haven’t brought in any high-profile free agents.

Quarterback Josh Freeman doesn’t agree with that and said Sunday that the Bucs already have what they need.

“We’re only continuing to get better,’’ Freeman said. “We’re solid on all fronts. Our offensive line is as solid as I’ve ever seen them. They’re looking awesome. We had all the time in the world the other night in the preseason game. You look at Mike Williams, LeGarrette Blount, Arrelious Benn and Kellen Winslow and I think we’ll be extremely strong on offense.’’

Freeman went on to praise the defense, which added defensive ends Adrian Clayborn and Da'Quan Bowers in the draft.

“People will say you don’t have a big deep threat and you don’t have this or you don’t have that,’’ Freeman said. “If you start worrying about what you don’t have, then you’re not going to make the most out of what you do have.’’

You’ll hear much more from Freeman and general manager Mark Dominik in our Camp Confidential profile on the Bucs, which is scheduled to run Wednesday.

Meantime, a few other notes and observations on the Bucs.

•The team made a few transactions. Receivers Aundrae Allison and Maurice Price were signed. Receiver Raymond Webber was placed on injured reserve and quarterback Mike Coughlin was released.

•Receivers Mike Williams and safety Sean Jones were the stars of Sunday’s practice. Each made several splash plays.

•Cornerback Aqib Talib (hamstring), defensive tackle Gerald McCoy (shoulder) and Benn (knee) remain “iffy’’ for Thursday’s preseason game with New England, coach Raheem Morris said.

•A television crew from NFL UK was in town filming interviews to prepare for Tampa Bay’s October game against Chicago in London.

•Morris had a quick one-liner about defensive end Kyle Moore’s two sacks in the preseason victory against Kansas City. “It could have been three,’’ Morris said.

•Morris praised the way outside linebacker Quincy Black handled calling the defensive plays in the preseason opener. The Bucs have given that duty to Black because they don’t want to overload rookie middle linebacker Mason Foster.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

« #1 : August 14, 2011, 08:06:53 PM »

yup...the only place we're not solid is running back, and that could be fixed by giving graham the 2 spot...other than that our roster is looking great

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #2 : August 14, 2011, 08:18:29 PM »

I was thinking the O-line needed work,  but they looked pretty good the other night I must say.  Lets see how they look against the Patriots.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Gobucs991940

Second String
« #3 : August 14, 2011, 09:43:39 PM »

Freeman's right. But now I'm most concerned with our play at safety and backup RB ... I know we are going to regret not re-signing Caddy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #4 : August 14, 2011, 09:47:01 PM »

Freeman's right. But now I'm most concerned with our play at safety and backup RB ... I know we are going to regret not re-signing Caddy.

You dont think Lumpkin, Bradford, Earnest, or even Blount can do waht Caddy did?   I think any of those dudes can do it.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #5 : August 14, 2011, 09:54:30 PM »

You dont think Lumpkin, Bradford, Earnest, or even Blount can do waht Caddy did?   I think any of those dudes can do it.

That has to be the weakest unit on the team. They might be able to do what Caddy did but there's plenty of room for improvement there.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #6 : August 14, 2011, 09:55:25 PM »

"....If you start worrying about what you don’t have, then you’re not going to make the most out of what you do have..."

From the mouths of babes...   just found my new tagline.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #7 : August 14, 2011, 09:57:39 PM »

"....If you start worrying about what you don’t have, then you’re not going to make the most out of what you do have..."

Dude is wise beyond his years for sure.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #8 : August 14, 2011, 09:58:43 PM »

Perfect quote for a player. A GM needs to worry about what his team doesn't have.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #9 : August 14, 2011, 11:35:23 PM »

Preseason don't mean schidt.  It was a great practice session for the BUcs as a team however!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #10 : August 14, 2011, 11:50:31 PM »

I think the team is solid personnel wise.   But I still think when it comes down to Raheem having to make a call in a critical situation to win a critical game against a good team, he makes the wrong decision and they lose.

Then everyone chalks it up to "he's learning, he'll do better next time".

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #11 : August 14, 2011, 11:57:44 PM »

I think the team is solid personnel wise.   But I still think when it comes down to Raheem having to make a call in a critical situation to win a critical game against a good team, he makes the wrong decision and they lose.

Then everyone chalks it up to "he's learning, he'll do better next time".

Solid?    Even with that oversized QB?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #12 : August 15, 2011, 12:03:50 AM »

I didn't say enjoyable to watch and easy to root for.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #13 : August 15, 2011, 12:06:36 AM »

I didn't say enjoyable to watch and easy to root for.

Both of those desribe Freeman to a tee.   Well to 99% of the earths population anyway.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #14 : August 15, 2011, 12:09:11 AM »

Compare him to Tebow.   Who gets more press?    Tebow

And that's even with Tebow as a backup!   LOL!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman:............ 'We're solid on all fronts' « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools