Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman:............ 'We're solid on all fronts' « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

flaitguy

Starter
#30 : August 15, 2011, 08:57:58 AM

Freeman's right. But now I'm most concerned with our play at safety and backup RB ... I know we are going to regret not re-signing Caddy.

You dont think Lumpkin, Bradford, Earnest, or even Blount can do waht Caddy did?   I think any of those dudes can do it.

That has to be the weakest unit on the team. They might be able to do what Caddy did but there's plenty of room for improvement there.

I disagree. Caddy tried to juke around too much which forced the offensive line to hold their blocks longer and .. well, hold more often. With that line and especially it's lack of depth, we need north/south down hill see a hole or half of one and blow through it type guys. Make them respect that front and force the linebacker and safety up, then let Freeman run out fo the box and pass to open receivers and TE's. It's really the direction we need to go. With the athletes on defense these days the juke and go running back is becoming a thing of the past. Reggie Bush was traded away for God's sake, that should tell you something, and the teams giving us all the trouble were those with power runners.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 15, 2011, 10:56:14 AM

Well the win doesn't mean much. Morris has this group hungry again and playing well beyond their years.

Agree that preseason wins don't mean too much but for our young group of players the win is another building block.
With such a young team it's important that they expect to win because that is part of the established culture.

Turn the page.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 15, 2011, 11:00:02 AM

Freeman: 'We're solid on all fronts'

If you start worrying about what you dont have, then youre not going to make the most out of what you do have.

Those are the words of a good leader on his way to becoming a great leader.
Hard not to be really excited about this kid.

Turn the page.

blackfoot

Starter
#33 : August 15, 2011, 12:04:03 PM

We are weak at LT behind Donald Penn. If we lose him we are in trouble.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 15, 2011, 07:29:35 PM

try Hardman there if Dotson fails.......god forbid if we would have signed a Olineman.FA.
: August 15, 2011, 07:31:41 PM 4bucs

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 15, 2011, 08:30:28 PM

god forbid if we would have signed a Olineman.FA.

for what position?  backup LT?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 15, 2011, 08:56:04 PM

try Hardman there if Dotson fails.......

I'd like to see Hardman stay on the inside.  He can be a good NFL player on the inside.  On the outside, he doesn't have a snowballs chance of succeeding.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 15, 2011, 09:02:19 PM

you actually said over a year ago you think Raheem is the worst coach in the history of the NFL... 

His first season, he was so clueless and over his head, he was the worst head coach in the history of the NFL.   Or at least the worst I've ever seen.

1-10-1 with five Hall of Famers on the team.

First season of some guy with some trophy named after him.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman:............ 'We're solid on all fronts' « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools