Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs just signed FA Youboty. Is this a Sign that Aqib is to be suspended? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 15, 2011, 07:28:42 PM

We have a game in three days. Talib and Lewis are both questionable with hamstrings....it's really not hard to figure out why we signed this dude.
It is preseason and the bucs are short CBs already?   ::) ::) ::)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Borat!

Starter

#31 : August 15, 2011, 07:40:30 PM

why didnt we just sign ASO or Joseph earlier if we needed CB help
doing that(though it makes perfect sense) is not part of the plan......sometimes peoples fanatical ways stop them from making moves that are common sense......you have more money then any other team ...there are more young good FAS then ever before.....common sense says you plug a few holes......if your pig headed you say you have a 'plan'your signing your own ...and you vastly over pay a few players......even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.

One of the DUMBEST things Ive heard on these boards.

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 15, 2011, 07:43:26 PM

there's has to be 2 or 3 folks whose posts you haven't seen yet borat!

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Borat!

Starter

#33 : August 15, 2011, 07:46:18 PM

there's has to be 2 or 3 folks whose posts you haven't seen yet borat!

LOL very good point.

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 15, 2011, 07:49:03 PM

If Talib gets suspended prior to the season then Dominik screwed the pooch not getting insurance in FA.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 15, 2011, 07:51:12 PM

Well, I'm sure that the reason that we signed him was so Rah could go around saying "Arg, Surrender youboty mate!"

Great name for a guy to have on a pirate team. I think I like him already!

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 15, 2011, 08:07:15 PM

why didnt we just sign ASO or Joseph earlier if we needed CB help
doing that(though it makes perfect sense) is not part of the plan......sometimes peoples fanatical ways stop them from making moves that are common sense......you have more money then any other team ...there are more young good FAS then ever before.....common sense says you plug a few holes......if your pig headed you say you have a 'plan'your signing your own ...and you vastly over pay a few players......even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 15, 2011, 10:24:48 PM

Bucs consider Youboty's deal an 'opportunity contract'

When the Bucs signed free-agent cornerback Ashton Youboty today, it raised some questions about whether his acquisition was made purely for added depth or in reaction to the twin hamstring injuries being nursed by Aqib Talib and Myron Lewis.

Now, with a bit more information, things have become clearer.

The Bucs signed Youboty to a two-year contract that, according to two people with knowledge, contains no guaranteed money. A Bucs official described the deal as an "opportunity contract" that will allow Youboty to compete for a place on the active roster. If he does not make the team, the Bucs would not have any cap implications as a result of the structure of the contract. That gives the Bucs some flexibility if their younger cornerbacks prove to have the better preseason and Youboty doesn't pan out.

Youboty, 27, likely will compete with the likes of Lewis, Elbert Mack and Anthony Gaitor for a spot in the rotation of cornerbacks. Cornerback is a position at which there seemed to be a need for depth entering training camp, but the Bucs chose not to make a move until today.

Whether this move says something about the Bucs' comfort level with their current crop of cornerbacks is matter for debate.

.Posted by Stephen Holder at 3:38:43 pm on August 15, 2011

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 16, 2011, 12:03:44 AM

Well, I'm sure that the reason that we signed him was so Rah could go around saying "Arg, Surrender youboty mate!"

I laughed!

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#39 : August 16, 2011, 12:06:58 AM

We have a game in three days. Talib and Lewis are both questionable with hamstrings....it's really not hard to figure out why we signed this dude.
Must.. Read... Into.. Things

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 16, 2011, 01:04:08 AM

You get my vote for post of the week. Funny stuff man.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 16, 2011, 01:13:50 AM

O darn, I was hoping we'd sign that one guy who made a video tape for Dominik.
I like Ashton Youboty for one reason, he is from Ohio State. Can't really say much else about him, the guy has like 0 INTs in his entire career. Bill fans seem kinda upset he left, but what do they know.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 16, 2011, 08:17:50 AM

With Lewis, Talib and Black all nursing injuries - this is a depth move IMO.

Common sense prevails!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs just signed FA Youboty. Is this a Sign that Aqib is to be suspended? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools