Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WTSP Rebroadcasts Thursdays Game 3 Times « previous next »
Page: 1

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
: August 16, 2011, 04:58:07 AM

For those who are worried they won't be able to see the preseason games...here's the info for ya.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/article/205954/250/Bucs-Patriots-game-Thursday-blacked-out

Tampa, FL-- The Bucs-New England Patriots pre-season game on Thursday, will be blacked out on local television because it did not sell out, by the 72-hour deadline on Monday. The Bucs also said it is unlikely that the Aug. 27 Bucs-Miami Dolphins pre-season game will sell out. 10 News will air the Bucs-Patriots game 3 times on a tape-delay basis.  The first airing will be Thursday at 11:30pm, after 10 News at 11.  The second airing will be Friday at 8pm.  The third will be Saturday at 12 noon.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 16, 2011, 07:20:01 AM

Kodiak you are awesome. Now this is the good stuff great reporting!!!!! I think you answered everyones question on this matter. I was under the impression that the NFL network was running the delayed broadcasts and that the NFL was not allowing free TV to show those games any more

howler09

Second String

#2 : August 16, 2011, 09:40:25 AM

hey bucsbum...10 news shelled out some  serious $$$ for the pre-season rites to be the network...you know if it's about the jack the nfl is gonna back their play somehow....:-)...the league just want's to stick it into shaming the fans with the blackout scare and still getting their money somehow
.......go bucs!!!
: August 16, 2011, 09:43:37 AM howler09

Tracktion

Second String

#3 : August 16, 2011, 10:16:21 AM

I'll be catching it at 11pm on NFLN

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 16, 2011, 10:17:37 AM

Preseason games blacked out because they didn't sell out?

Get the **CENSORED** out of here with that nonsense.

The Chiefs lifted the blackout for last weeks game, you're telling me the Glazers couldn't do that for the fans for preseason? Do they really need the extra however-many-ticket-sales they're going to get at the gate that freaking badly? You've got to be kidding me.

This isn't about supporting your team or not, this is freaking preseason, NO one goes to watch that crap.
: August 16, 2011, 10:23:51 AM Captain Hindsight

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#5 : August 16, 2011, 11:52:21 AM

Preseason games blacked out because they didn't sell out?

Get the **CENSORED** out of here with that nonsense.

The Chiefs lifted the blackout for last weeks game, you're telling me the Glazers couldn't do that for the fans for preseason? Do they really need the extra however-many-ticket-sales they're going to get at the gate that freaking badly? You've got to be kidding me.

This isn't about supporting your team or not, this is freaking preseason, NO one goes to watch that crap.
i don't know about all that. YOU don't

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : August 16, 2011, 11:57:37 AM

I agree with Hindsight's basic premise. Blacking out preseason games is an incredibly bad rule. ''You're not buying tickets so I'm going to make sure that FEWER of you see the games.'' Let's diminish the buzz going into the regular season! Good job on the three rebroadcasts, but that should be in addition to a live one.

In Verner We Trust

flaitguy

Starter
#7 : August 16, 2011, 03:09:51 PM

anyone know if it will replay on an orlando channel?

flaitguy

Starter
#8 : August 16, 2011, 03:12:42 PM

i found an answer. midnight channel 9 in orlando.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#9 : August 16, 2011, 03:16:11 PM

I agree Blacking Out Pre Season is dumb, but Regular Season blackouts are the Fans fault. Not ownership.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#10 : August 16, 2011, 04:27:50 PM

It's always been the rule to black out preseason games as well if they weren't sold out.   But they have always shown the preseason games the next day.      No big deal considering they are preseason anyway.   

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WTSP Rebroadcasts Thursdays Game 3 Times « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools