Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pat and Tim at Buc's camp today « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

mbonus

Practice Squad
#30 : August 16, 2011, 05:06:01 PM

This is not an issue of people not wanting to support this team.  ............................... Sucks that others can't recognize they've been blessed vs. telling everyone else what they should and shouldn't do with the limited funds they have to work with today vs a few years ago.

Hit the nail on the head.  I love how all of these well paid commentators / newspaper hacks love to gloss over the economic situation.  No amount of winning will solve that problem.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 16, 2011, 05:07:24 PM

This is not an issue of people not wanting to support this team.  Many of you are just unaware of the economic crisis the Tampa Bay area is in.  People have lost jobs and not gotten them back.  People have lost jobs and had to reenter the work force making 10 to 20 and sometimes even 30k less than what they used to make.  You have bandwagoneers in every NFL city ours is no different I've seen them here before.  There are a lot of reasons people aren't going to the games.  Few of those reasons are from not wanting too. I've been through two downsizings in 4 years, thank God I have a job, but the pennies don't stretch as far these days when you have less of them to work with. 

I'm not going to blame the Glazers as I think they are doing what they can under the circumstances.  The league needs to look at this old antiquated black out policy and make it somewhat recession friendly.  I've suggested many times that the amount of fans needed for sellout purposes should somehow mirror or reflect the current rate of unemployment in the community.  Think those people trying to pull themselves up from financial ruin who were good Buccaneers fans don't want to watch the game because they can't afford to go?  And when the heck has a black out for a worthless preseason game been OK?  Even you who are going and have been blessed financially to afford these tickets aren't happy about paying full price for a scrimmage game.   

This fan-base is not an embarrassment, they are freaking BROKE and are trying to take care of their families the best they can. Tampa Bay has one of the highest rates of unemployment in the state and in the country. Sucks that others can't recognize they've been blessed vs. telling everyone else what they should and shouldn't do with the limited funds they have to work with today vs a few years ago.

i understand, but disagree somewhat.  Bucs games in tampa arent looked upon like packers, bears, etc.  they never will.  its got nothing to do with the economy.  its that the Bucs are not ingrained in the area.  every nfl city has been hit with the economy.   some cities turn to their nfl teams, some cities dont.  some cities are filled with generation after generation of locals.  some cities are filled with snowbirds and transplants.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 16, 2011, 05:11:33 PM

just about everybody there is from somewhere else and other than a handfull of fans nobody cared about this team until 15 years ago. there is a bunch of different reasons.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 16, 2011, 05:12:01 PM

Common theme throughout the interviews thus far...

Every player so far is willing to play any position - and do whatever it takes to win...

Coach Morris has got this group believing...   

it's going to be a hell of a season - feelin' it in the bones.

I have that same feeling!

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 16, 2011, 05:18:29 PM

Kirwan and TRock both just unanimously said the MLB job is fosters to lose...   it's obvious watching practice.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 16, 2011, 05:21:21 PM

Doesn't take a freakin' genius to see what the situation is w/ the fan base in this area. 1) Unlike many NFL cities there are a lot of other things people can and do  use their disposable income on. 2) Up until last season the team has generally been without direction since the Super Bowl. 3) The economy. 4) Right or wrong there is the perception the Glazers priorities are located in North-West England.

This area has a solid reputation of supporting the team while there has been success on the field. That will happen but for the above reasons it will take a little bit of time. This area is not Green Bay and it never will be. People actually have alternatives. As far as the national media goes  unless you just arrived over the state border in the back of a pick-up truck you would know the national media has always treated this area as a red headed step-child but you should also know it doesn't matter squat.

All this childish sniping at one another for "not supporting the team" is absolutely stupid. I mean you do realize this is a Bucs message board made up of Bucs fans, right? Just chill out & relax, the team is on the right track and as they continue to win people will show up. It's just going to take a little while longer.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 16, 2011, 06:01:08 PM

I believe it's the economic instability in Tampa and the fact that this team has not seen any consistency since the late 90's and early 2000's.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 16, 2011, 06:15:00 PM

This is not an issue of people not wanting to support this team.  Many of you are just unaware of the economic crisis the Tampa Bay area is in.  People have lost jobs and not gotten them back.  People have lost jobs and had to reenter the work force making 10 to 20 and sometimes even 30k less than what they used to make.  You have bandwagoneers in every NFL city ours is no different I've seen them here before.  There are a lot of reasons people aren't going to the games.  Few of those reasons are from not wanting too. I've been through two downsizings in 4 years, thank God I have a job, but the pennies don't stretch as far these days when you have less of them to work with. 

I'm not going to blame the Glazers as I think they are doing what they can under the circumstances.  The league needs to look at this old antiquated black out policy and make it somewhat recession friendly.  I've suggested many times that the amount of fans needed for sellout purposes should somehow mirror or reflect the current rate of unemployment in the community.  Think those people trying to pull themselves up from financial ruin who were good Buccaneers fans don't want to watch the game because they can't afford to go?  And when the heck has a black out for a worthless preseason game been OK?  Even you who are going and have been blessed financially to afford these tickets aren't happy about paying full price for a scrimmage game.   

This fan-base is not an embarrassment, they are freaking BROKE and are trying to take care of their families the best they can. Tampa Bay has one of the highest rates of unemployment in the state and in the country. Sucks that others can't recognize they've been blessed vs. telling everyone else what they should and shouldn't do with the limited funds they have to work with today vs a few years ago.

While there are a great many affected by the economy, this exists everywhere. To read that its too hot, parking costs too much, concessions are too expensive, the jumbotron doesn't show replays is utter nonsense. People have discretionary income..... they just choose to use it for other things. I have never payed to park at Ray Jay and don't buy anything more than a coke/water at the games.

We all have our struggles.... but for some of us, being in attendance is more important than it is for others.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 16, 2011, 06:36:05 PM

The Mayor of Jacksonville is helping the team sell tickets as per PFT.  Maybe our own elected officials could do some arm twisting.  Also reminded folks that tickets can be donated to the USO for the military folks.  We have a lot of military here in Tampa.  That's a good idea.  From my look at Stub Hub and a wild guess...I'm thinking they need to sell about 10K more per game so about 10K SEASON tickets.

Or 5K people buy 2 tickets.
Or 2.5K people buy 4 tickets

Get my drift?   LOL

Hate

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 16, 2011, 06:38:39 PM

The Mayor of Jacksonville is helping the team sell tickets as per PFT.  Maybe our own elected officials could do some arm twisting.  Also reminded folks that tickets can be donated to the USO for the military folks.  We have a lot of military here in Tampa.  That's a good idea.  From my look at Stub Hub and a wild guess...I'm thinking they need to sell about 10K more per game so about 10K SEASON tickets.

Or 5K people buy 2 tickets.
Or 2.5K people buy 4 tickets

Get my drift?   LOL

Ladyfan, free tickets wouldn't matter if the parking/concessions are too high, or its too hot, or they don't show replays on the jumbotron.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 16, 2011, 06:59:24 PM

Cmon Hate you are being too rough on the people, I think what many meant to say is that they will get toxic shock syndrome as it is too far to walk to the men/women restroom and change their manpons. Here I thought you were gonna try and be nice.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 16, 2011, 07:03:07 PM

Fact of the matter is that most have one bs excuse after another, hell night practice was FREE and I didn't see the stadium filled. Now I know you can't compare a practice to a game but football is football and hell Cokes and hot dogs were what one dollar each. Oh well guess it was too hot, too far to walk or just that we have a lot of pathetic so called fans that will claim hey I support the team, I have a jersey from Goodwill.

tajik_buc

Starter

#42 : August 16, 2011, 08:08:24 PM

Am sure y'all saw the link in PFT today.  Story about over-extended sports towns, and Tampa was 4th.  Based off population and other pro sports teams competing for the same dollars (along with college sports in FL case).  If the Bucs want to fill the stadium, they have to get serious about making it more affordable in every sense: tickets, parking, concessions, etc. 

http://www.bizjournals.com/bizjournals/on-numbers/scott-thomas/2011/08/denver-is-most-overextended-market.html?appSession=26278254072731&RecordID=&PageID=2&PrevPageID=&cpipage=1&CPISortType=&CPIorderBy=

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#43 : August 16, 2011, 08:29:24 PM

Fact of the matter is that most have one bs excuse after another, hell night practice was FREE and I didn't see the stadium filled. Now I know you can't compare a practice to a game but football is football and hell Cokes and hot dogs were what one dollar each. Oh well guess it was too hot, too far to walk or just that we have a lot of pathetic so called fans that will claim hey I support the team, I have a jersey from Goodwill.

Why do you care what other people do?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 16, 2011, 11:28:58 PM

As far as the economy argument goes, Detroit might be worse off and they sell tickets, just sayin.

I think the solution would be all night games the whole season. I know its not going to happen but that would bring out tons of fans IMO.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pat and Tim at Buc's camp today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools