Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pat and Tim at Buc's camp today « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#90 : August 18, 2011, 05:16:38 PM

Well it does. Boards like this is accessible to millions, of not billions of people. Some of which are undecided who they will root for. Imagine a scenario where your a young NFL fan, you live in the South, perhaps Alabama. You don't have a state team to root for, so you decide to do a little research. You come across a teams respective message board only to find racist slander against the coach, thread after thread how the GM is weak in Free Agency, unfounded comments about the Owners being cheap, and purposely underfunding the team. There's almost as much chat about Tim Tebow, then there is our Franchise Quarterback Josh Freeman. If this doesn't SCREAM bad for the team, bad for the fans... idk what does.

Let me make sure I understand this...

By a "young fan", am I safe to assume you mean someone in their teens, or even 20's?  I'll go with a "yes" - so I may proceed.

Do you really expect me, or any other reader here (either new, or a long-time NFL fan) to buy your premise that "a young NFL fan" really falls into the following ranks...
#1 - Want to start watching football "all of a sudden"?
#2 - Not have ANY inkling as to "what teams exist", much less who they like.
#3 - Not have any outside influences, like a friend, sibling, or adult figure that would "suggest" who to follow.
#4 - Actually decides which NFL team to follow, based on the ramblings found in an NFL website like PR...?

I'd say "Really?"  To say "that premise is a stretch" would be generous and kind.

The truth is - It's friggin' ridiculous!

nice start.  welcome aboard.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#91 : August 18, 2011, 06:56:59 PM

Well it does. Boards like this is accessible to millions, of not billions of people. Some of which are undecided who they will root for. Imagine a scenario where your a young NFL fan, you live in the South, perhaps Alabama. You don't have a state team to root for, so you decide to do a little research. You come across a teams respective message board only to find racist slander against the coach, thread after thread how the GM is weak in Free Agency, unfounded comments about the Owners being cheap, and purposely underfunding the team. There's almost as much chat about Tim Tebow, then there is our Franchise Quarterback Josh Freeman. If this doesn't SCREAM bad for the team, bad for the fans... idk what does.

Let me make sure I understand this...

By a "young fan", am I safe to assume you mean someone in their teens, or even 20's?  I'll go with a "yes" - so I may proceed.

Do you really expect me, or any other reader here (either new, or a long-time NFL fan) to buy your premise that "a young NFL fan" really falls into the following ranks...
#1 - Want to start watching football "all of a sudden"?
#2 - Not have ANY inkling as to "what teams exist", much less who they like.
#3 - Not have any outside influences, like a friend, sibling, or adult figure that would "suggest" who to follow.
#4 - Actually decides which NFL team to follow, based on the ramblings found in an NFL website like PR...?

I'd say "Really?"  To say "that premise is a stretch" would be generous and kind.

The truth is - It's friggin' ridiculous!

Oh Yeah, I'm sure... Racism, and the lack of confidence in the owners/FO would be a welcome sign to anybody reading a board designed for the FANS of the team. Whether they be current fans, or prospective fans... I'm sure the fans of the Falcons, and Saints deal with the racism, and the undermining the FO ALL the time. I bet they even embrace it with a smile. Well, **CENSORED** that. Not me

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#92 : August 18, 2011, 07:35:46 PM

Snore - that is pretty far from reality - the lack of confidence in the owners earned, the racism is at best a reach to get to a stupidly small minority.  I simply think BucsFTW is right and you're making up issues that don't exist beyond you.  JMVHO but you have gone overboard in your efforts to encourage, support, get behind folks who are supported by the vast, vast majority of fans.  But feel free to carry on.  Just don't be surprised or offended if folks do point out reality. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#93 : August 19, 2011, 12:47:58 PM

Snore - that is pretty far from reality - the lack of confidence in the owners earned, the racism is at best a reach to get to a stupidly small minority.  I simply think BucsFTW is right and you're making up issues that don't exist beyond you.  JMVHO but you have gone overboard in your efforts to encourage, support, get behind folks who are supported by the vast, vast majority of fans.  But feel free to carry on.  Just don't be surprised or offended if folks do point out reality.

As noted (by a longtime poster here), the "issues" you have are just that - YOUR issues.  You're never gonna sell me on the idea that this mentality runs rampant here on PR, but rather it's YOUR take...  And pretty narrow-minded at that.

I called you out on the "younger, prospective fans" that you claim this board would scare away.  THAT is just complete lunacy, but more importantly, YOU have to take ownership for your own viewpoints.  I'm speaking more specifically about your "racism claims"...  Racism against who?  The black head coach we have, or a roster that is made up more predominantly by black players than ANY other race?  Really dude - that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Any "lack of confidence" in ownership is strictly applied to ownership, and as fans of the team - we have the right to call them out IF we truly perceive any lack of commitment on their part.  I don't think I'm the ONLY fan that doesn't believe the Glazers are doing everything they can to put a winner out there.  Any young "prospective fan" SHOULD be privy to that viewpoint.

Honestly, I've seen your idiotic ramblings on another board we're both on, but...  Your "**CENSORED**factor" meter seems to be redlining on this board.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pat and Tim at Buc's camp today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools