Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Warren Sapp/Bucs on NFL Total Access « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

jbear

Pro Bowler

#30 : August 17, 2011, 09:39:47 PM

Sorry but in 09' Rah was clueless on a level not often seen in the NFL.  I used to call him the team cheerleader and post giant pictures of his stupid grin.  At the time I thought it was funny because I didn't think Morris's coaching style would work in the NFL, but so far it really does seem like it is.  You can't argue with 10-6 and you can't argue with the way the locker room seems to have bought in and the youth has come together. 

The biggest thing that made this happen in my mind was the firing of Jim Bates.  Granted Rah hired the guy in the first place but the biggest thing Rah has going for him as a coach is his energy and how he motivates the team to fly around and make plays.  (defense)  When he had a defensive coordinator he basically didn't have anything to do.   He easily could have stuck it out with Bates and gotten fired after the season.  Those who disagree need to think long and hard about just how bad Morris was as a coach before that firing.  Even the homers have to admit it was bad.  Olson even blossomed after Morris focused on the defense.  I remember some downright embarrasing post game press conferences when Morris tried to field questions about the offense.  We had an OC, a DC, and a clown named Rah! 

Taking over the defense was the key to everything positive he's done since and those of us who beat the guy up in 09' could have just as easily been right. 
: August 17, 2011, 09:43:29 PM jbear

CaliforniaBuc40

Second String

#31 : August 17, 2011, 09:47:12 PM

Sorry but in 09' Rah was clueless on a level not often seen in the NFL.  I used to call him the team cheerleader and post giant pictures of his stupid grin.  At the time I thought it was funny because I didn't think Morris's coaching style would work in the NFL, but so far it really does seem like it is.  You can't argue with 10-6 and you can't argue with the way the locker room seems to have bought in and the youth has come together. 

The biggest thing that made this happen in my mind was the firing of Jim Bates.  Granted Rah hired the guy in the first place but the biggest thing Rah has going for him as a coach is his energy and how he motivates the team to fly around and make plays.  (defense)  When he had a defensive coordinator he basically didn't have anything to do.   He easily could have stuck it out with Bates and gotten fired after the season.  Those who disagree need to think long and hard about just how bad Morris was as a coach before that firing.  Even the homers have to admit it was bad.  Olson even blossomed after Morris focused on the defense.  I remember some downright embarrasing post game press conferences when Morris tried to field questions about the offense.  We had an OC, a DC, and a clown named Rah! 

Taking over the defense was the key to everything positive he's done since and those of us who beat the guy up in 09' could have just as easily been right.

What would your opinion be if they went under .500 this year would you go back to posting crap about raheem? and be angry about how dom didn't pick up anyone in FA?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 17, 2011, 09:48:55 PM

Java says Rah wasn't ready last year even though he lead the youngest team in the NFL to a 10-6 record with only two road losses...and is only now willing to see what Rah can do...and you guys are blown away? Don't give the guy credit for a half ass compliment.

completely agree. F that guy!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 17, 2011, 09:49:57 PM

I think you are letting that move speak for too much. Let us also remember that Rah was kinda just tossed into this job and had to fix a lot of BS left by Gruden as well, Jbear.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#34 : August 17, 2011, 10:11:35 PM

I was around.  He also had to fix a lot of his own dumb decisions and BS.  Lets not sugar coat 2009 just because things look rosey now. 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 17, 2011, 10:13:58 PM

The team is heading in the right direction. With some good drafts so far they loaded with talent and also youngry ;) Morris is the best man for this job right now until he proves otherwise.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 17, 2011, 10:14:40 PM

Every first time HC is inexperienced. When they are thrown into a total sh!t storm at the last moment like Rah was....it's to be expected that he was a little over whelmed. The Glazers wanted him to be DC but the way things happened he got thrown into the HC before he was suppose to be. As it turns out he is a hell of a HC and DC. He was horrible at public speaking in 2009, but he kept that horrible team motivated and playing hard all year long. He was always a good HC.

Just because some idiots are ready to stop calling him radio and give him a chance now....doesn't mean they deserve a pat on the back. Bout time for some folks to change thier names and jump back on the band wagon.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 17, 2011, 10:17:53 PM

Since Java decided its now Morris' rookie season than i guess he is ok with a less than 500 year since hey.... hes a rookie HC. Java your garbage is so old and tired its unreal.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#38 : August 17, 2011, 10:48:34 PM

But not every first time HC says as much dumb **CENSORED** as Morris did in 2009 or sounds as hoplessly out of his league.  Postgame questions about your gameplan shouldn't sound like a pep talk.  No Rah, they actually want to know what the plan was... did you have a plan???  I stand by what I said, Morris was out of here if he hadn't taken over the defense.  He was absolutely useless as a head coach in 2009.  Only after finding his legs as a DC while pretty much handing over the reins of the offense to Gregg Olson did he begin to look like an NFL coach. 

These days, I like what Rah is doing as a head coach.  Mostly hands off with the offense... thats fine.  Stick to what you do well.  I'm excited about the defense flying around like they did in the late 90's.  maybe.  I'm optimistic about Morris because he figured out what he's good at and seems to be sticking to that.  He's not an x and o guy.  He's a motivator, and if he can be consistent, a builder of a culture.  I'm hopeful he can pull it off but don't try to make me feel bad about giving Morris a hard time in 2009 because as far as I'm concerned, I was right to question the guy back then. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 17, 2011, 10:59:16 PM

But not every first time HC says as much dumb **CENSORED** as Morris did in 2009 or sounds as hoplessly out of his league.  Postgame questions about your gameplan shouldn't sound like a pep talk.  No Rah, they actually want to know what the plan was... did you have a plan???

Does Belichick give u his plan?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#40 : August 17, 2011, 11:50:41 PM

Just can't help thinking out loud. 

I only notice jbear after Java has made some sort of ludicrous statement.

Is there a relationship between jbear and jdog (Java's old name)????

Is it just a coincidence that they both are J (some sort of animal) and is it a coincidence that they both support one another.

Sure makes me wonder if they are one and the same.

How do others feel???

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#41 : August 18, 2011, 03:36:33 AM

Is there a relationship between jbear and jdog (Java's old name)????

They both start with a J?   

You were quite intelligent to figure that one out.  Kudos for that.   ;)

You figured it out.  Every screen name on the forum that starts with a J has to be Java.  (at least the ones who aren't complete homers)

Good call.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#42 : August 18, 2011, 04:02:33 AM

Every first time HC is inexperienced.

Not to the level of cluelessness that was Raheem Morris in 2009.     Rex Ryan stepped right in as a first time HC and seemed like a vet.   

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 18, 2011, 05:29:20 AM

So go be a **CENSORED**ing jet fan.

You dont like the bucs and you are not wanted here.

bibfortuna

Second String
#44 : August 18, 2011, 06:00:26 AM

I'm amazed at some of the assumptions being made here.

Since when was Raheem 'never an X's and O's guy'???
Since when does one have to be optimistic about a person only after they see them 'figure it out'?

Why is it so difficult for some to muster patience, tolerance and support?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Warren Sapp/Bucs on NFL Total Access « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools