Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow featured prominently in Miami Booster scandal « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 17, 2011, 01:26:03 AM

Like I said, who was Shapiro outbidding?
Go Bucs!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : August 17, 2011, 12:35:47 PM

I don't think K2 was that involved

How naive are you?

K2 is the one in the photo with the guy in the article.    In other words, K2 is probably more involved than anyone.   He's the poster child.

Nevin Shapiro said he took this Biscayne Bay photo on the back of his $1.6 million yacht in the summer of 2003. Pictured from left to right are D.J. Williams, Kellen Winslow Jr. and then-Nebraska defensive end Benard Thomas.
: August 17, 2011, 12:42:50 PM JavaRay

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 17, 2011, 12:37:20 PM

How naive are you?

K2 is the one in the photo with the guy in the article.    In other words, K2 is probably more involved than anyone.   He's the poster child.

I think the majority of big time college players are involved in scandals like this. The NCAA is corrupt and if anybody thinks different well you are naive.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 17, 2011, 12:43:44 PM

How naive are you?

I think the majority of big time college players are involved in scandals like this. The NCAA is corrupt and if anybody thinks different well you are naive.

I'm not saying that's not true.   But to say K2 wasn't involved is as naive as you get.   

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 17, 2011, 12:46:18 PM

It would be funny if a lot of these so called Miami Boosters were FSU fans. Entrapment. What better way to get future recruits then to put your competition in to probation.

Watch out UF you are next

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 17, 2011, 12:48:50 PM

How naive are you?

I'm not saying that's not true.   But to say K2 wasn't involved is as naive as you get.

We all know Winslow was pretty immature back in his Miami days so it wouldn't surprise me one bit and its more then likely he was involved. At least we can say now he has grown up since then and we are glad he is on our team. He is part of Freemans success and a great scapegoat for Freeman.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 17, 2011, 12:50:47 PM

I really believe that U of M is the worst of any of the college programs when it comes to these kind of things though.   Most corrupt University in the history of the game.    I can't think of any player who came through that system after luther campbell got involved in that program who I think of as a class act good character individual.    K2 included.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 17, 2011, 12:51:22 PM

How naive are you?

Nevin Shapiro said he took this Biscayne Bay photo on the back of his $1.6 million yacht in the summer of 2003. Pictured from left to right are D.J. Williams, Kellen Winslow Jr. and then-Nebraska defensive end Benard Thomas.

I don't see anything wrong here. They are not doing anything illegal and as for the NCAA rules, who cares. They are just a bunch of self absorbed college Elitist who know nothing about anything other then their own false theories and backward wrong ideas . Example Obama
: August 17, 2011, 12:53:22 PM bucsbum

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 17, 2011, 01:08:14 PM

I'm not into college ball so I don't care about any of this. Has nothing to do with the NFL.

Draft Aaron Donald

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 17, 2011, 01:09:47 PM

I'm not into college ball so I don't care about any of this. Has nothing to do with the NFL.

Ya right.   Says the guy who has started about 1000 threads on the draft.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 17, 2011, 01:13:19 PM

Ya right.   Says the guy who has started about 1000 threads on the draft.

I watch prospects because THEY HAVE TO DO WITH THE NFL. Try to pay attention and keep up.

Draft Aaron Donald

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 17, 2011, 01:14:50 PM

They don't have crap to do with the NFL until they get to the NFL.   Until then, they are college players.   Try to pay attention and keep up.

You are the biggest college fan on this board.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 17, 2011, 01:37:02 PM

They don't have crap to do with the NFL until they get to the NFL.   Until then, they are college players.   Try to pay attention and keep up.

Oh I'm keeping up. Keeping up with the fact you are an asshat.

You are the biggest college fan on this board.

I don't have a favorite college team. I don't even know who is in what division. I don't root for anyone. I don't care about bowl games. I only watch games that have players in them that I am interested in as an NFL prospect. I DRV the games and fast forward thru any parts that don't include the specific player I am watching. That isn't a fan....but you obviosly have no idea what being fan means so I am not surprised you are confused.

Draft Aaron Donald

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 17, 2011, 01:54:48 PM

JavaRay, if you are going to use the pictures to determine who is the "most involved," than you are making a mistake. For one, there are 64 pictures up on Yahoo and only 2 involve KW2.

Second, according to Shapiro, his involvement with Winslow was limited to drinks at a club, and a trip on his yacht (he managed to wreck a jet ski - maybe this guy needs to stay away from motorized vehicles). He said Winslow never got cash.

I'm not here to give Winslow a prize, but his actions seem to pale in comparison to several other players - Hester, Wilfork, DJ Williams, etc...

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 17, 2011, 01:56:06 PM

Hard to say what he "really" did.   But it's pretty obvious that he was involved in the scandal.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow featured prominently in Miami Booster scandal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools