Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RIP "The U" « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TheAman

Hall of Famer

: August 16, 2011, 09:11:08 PM

Miami Football and Basketball, as we know it, are dead.  I can't remember the last time I've seen an investigative piece, sports or just straight news, that was this thorough and had such a hard paper trail.  This is unreal.  I don't think the NCAA will ever have the balls to drop the death penalty again, but we are definitely going to see postseason bans for football and basketball, and probably HEAVY reduction of scholarships.  This goes so much farther than OSU or USC.

http://sports.yahoo.com/investigations/news;_ylt=Ats_Cq33MWtiIB8.YEE9GCs7MuB_?slug=cr-renegade_miami_booster_details_illicit_benefits_081611

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 16, 2011, 09:27:22 PM

Yikes.  Good luck Al Golden

DailyRich

Pro Bowler

#2 : August 16, 2011, 09:55:29 PM

Good to see the 'Canes back on top.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : August 17, 2011, 12:24:26 PM

Maybe it's time for someone to look directly at the NCAA for fraud as this stuff is happening right under their noses. You know they've had to had gotten tips about this and did nothing.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 17, 2011, 12:25:45 PM

Good for other FLA schools like USF, UCF, etc where now recruits will go instead of the "U". Loved hearing Sileo eat crow on his show this a.m.

DailyRich

Pro Bowler

#5 : August 17, 2011, 12:31:52 PM

And good for a school looking to get into a BCS conference, because I can't imagine the ACC wanting to keep this albatross hanging around its neck.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 17, 2011, 10:16:18 PM

Yeah if I were Al Golden I'd be furious - he was kept in the dark on this whole thing.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 18, 2011, 06:27:45 AM

Curious if he asked the right questions during the interview, such as "are you being investigated by the NCAA". This would be a great lawsuit on Golden's part. I'd sue that university in the same way as they'd fire him if he were hired because he gave false information (ie George O'Reilly).  If I were Golden, I'd get the f-outa-Dodge.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 18, 2011, 08:43:13 AM

too bad Gruden didn't take the job.  we'd see how good of a coach he really is.  or not.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#9 : August 18, 2011, 05:47:14 PM

Actually, I think Golden's in a great spot ... Any pressure to win immediately, or even in the near future, just went out the door. He's in a no lose situation ... He's making somewhere around $2 mil a year. Stay and bank the big bucks for four years. Nobody will hold it against him if his record isn't great while he's there. Hell, the bar's set pretty low to begin with based on recent history. If by some miracle he's actually abe to do something with the football program under these circumstances, his stock will be sky high.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 21, 2011, 12:22:12 PM

I'm shocked this thread hasn't gotten more posts.  This is the biggest story in sports right now.  Do not many people come to this college football board?  Cripes, former Buc Andrew Williams is mentioned in the report and he the brother of a long time PR poster!!  How are things so quiet on this?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 21, 2011, 01:50:29 PM

KW2 has also been mentioned

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 21, 2011, 02:41:53 PM

the funny thing to me is how many former canes are coming out and bad mouthing shapiro.  its funny, the players who actually accepted the cash, trips, strippers, hookers,  etc arent criticized by their fellow canes.  nope, in their eyes its only the snitch who is the bad guy not the scores of canes who actually took the gifts.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 22, 2011, 01:32:05 PM

Hilarious and people thought what went on Ohio State was bad. Also why would the NCAA care about Post season bans for Miami? They suck. Ban them from playing football for 1 year.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 22, 2011, 02:28:49 PM

Hilarious and people thought what went on Ohio State was bad. Also why would the NCAA care about Post season bans for Miami? They suck. Ban them from playing football for 1 year.

The people talking about the death penalty need to stop...it simply won't happen.  Giving the death penalty to SMU killed an entire conference.  With so much instability within conferences as it is, there's no way they drop the death penalty.  Now, what they'll do is cripple Miami so much that they'll basically be a 1-AA team.  I'm thinking losing 25 scholarships, 4 yr postseason ban for football, 2 years for basketball, and I could even see them losing the right to play non-conference games, like they did with Baylor basketball a few years back.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RIP "The U" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools