Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official 2013-2014 Tampa Bay Lightning Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#30 : April 14, 2014, 09:39:04 AM

The new playoff format is bizarre.

Not a fan.

STERN11354

Starter

#31 : April 14, 2014, 10:45:13 AM

I like the old format too. Easier to understand. There will not be any reseeding this year either with the new format after the conference quarterfinals.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 15, 2014, 10:35:04 AM

Nothing better than the NHL playoffs - even with the change in format.  And best of all are the game 7s

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 15, 2014, 11:19:03 AM

Not gonna be any Game 7s.   16-0 baby!

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 15, 2014, 11:23:43 AM

The NHL needs to find a way to make regular season games more like the playoffs.  Obviously there are factors that are beyond their control like the stakes and the fact that play improves naturally through the season, but maybe officiating would be one area? Note sure?  maybe there are others, but playoff hockey definitely rocks. I love the NHL, so I am not criticizing, but its a tough tv sport, which puts it at a disadvantage in the US anyway, so anything they can do to keep growing/improving an already good product cant be bad.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Snook

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 16, 2014, 08:25:37 AM

The NHL needs to find a way to make regular season games more like the playoffs.  Obviously there are factors that are beyond their control like the stakes and the fact that play improves naturally through the season, but maybe officiating would be one area? Note sure?  maybe there are others, but playoff hockey definitely rocks. I love the NHL, so I am not criticizing, but its a tough tv sport, which puts it at a disadvantage in the US anyway, so anything they can do to keep growing/improving an already good product cant be bad.

TV sucks for it.  I won't be able to watch either of the 1st two playoff games on TV because I'm not in the Tampa market.

Blows.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 16, 2014, 08:27:19 AM

TV sucks for it.  I won't be able to watch either of the 1st two playoff games on TV because I'm not in the Tampa market.

Blows.

Its not carried outside of this market?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 17, 2014, 10:23:25 PM

It's only game one but they need to play better than they did last night. I liked the intensity, the passion, but they need to play smarter.D played like **CENSORED**. They can bounce back tomorrow.

STERN11354

Starter

#38 : April 29, 2014, 06:54:57 AM

I wish the Lightning would of played like the Kings are doing now. Down 3-0 and now forcing a game 7. Good for them.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official 2013-2014 Tampa Bay Lightning Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools