Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The best way to quit smoking « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#105 : January 18, 2014, 07:49:03 PM

I'm digging this vaping stuff. No cigarettes in a week and no desire for one. That's a great collection Ironworker, I read that vaping through a pipe is the best way to go. Not sure that's for me. Any suggestions on a good quality juice brand?
they look cool but the prices are around $150.  If this is truly for me then maybe down the road.

Ironworker808

Second String

#106 : January 18, 2014, 08:19:20 PM

Dirigible, Haberdashery, and Transdimensional.  Would probably have preferred a tobacco line.  Next time.  What about their pro tank?

I thought I wanted tobacco flavor when I started too. It didn't take me long to realize that after tasting tobacco for 25 years, I really wanted something else. It's only been within the last few months that I've gotten back into the tobacco flavors.

Personally, I love the pro tank 2. I've tried cartomizers, top fed atomizers, and bottom coils. And IMHO, bottom fed tanks like the pro tank are the best. If you look at the pics I posted, three of my four pipes have a pro tank 2 on them. The other tank is a Hypertank and it uses the same Kanger coil that is used in the pro tank. So yeah...I would recommend them.  :D

The evod is also a bottom fed tank, by the way.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#107 : January 18, 2014, 08:24:44 PM

As a former  Winston Light smoker I ended up buying the 18 mg nicotine. That's what was recommended to me. My only concern is that I enjoy the taste of vaping so much that I may be doing it too much. I was thinking of ordering a higher level of nicotine to keep my vaping level down. Not sure if that's the right thing to do or not? Maybe because it's new I'm vaping a lot as a novelty. But I don't want to end up intaking more nicotine than I was w/ the cancer sticks.

S&B what level of nicotine did you order and are you starting to vape to replace the smokes?
: January 18, 2014, 08:27:03 PM ---

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#108 : January 18, 2014, 08:47:11 PM

24 mg.  just ordered today so I haven't started yet but I'm a pretty hardcore nicotine addict.  Smoke camels.  20+ a day.

Ironworker808

Second String

#109 : January 18, 2014, 08:56:49 PM

I'm digging this vaping stuff. No cigarettes in a week and no desire for one. That's a great collection Ironworker, I read that vaping through a pipe is the best way to go. Not sure that's for me. Any suggestions on a good quality juice brand?
they look cool but the prices are around $150.  If this is truly for me then maybe down the road.

IMVHO, there is no better vape than through an epipe. But, when it comes right down to it, those pipes don't do anything that your ego/kgo/evod won't do. Really, they're just glorified battery holders.

Having said that...they're really effing cool! My 'stick battery' mods have done nothing but collect dust since I bought my first pipe. But yeah, they're expensive. Not something you want to sink money into right away.

Quality juice? I like Pipe Sauce. So far, they are the best tobacco flavored liquid I've tried.

But I saw that The Vapor Chef has a 20% off discount code this weekend so I think I'm going to finally try out their stuff. I've never tried it before, but I've also heard nothing bad about them. Ever.

Indigo Vapor is another good vendor, from what I've been told. Again, never tried them myself. But I do have two friends who swear by them.

Ironworker808

Second String

#110 : January 18, 2014, 10:14:02 PM

As a former  Winston Light smoker I ended up buying the 18 mg nicotine. That's what was recommended to me. My only concern is that I enjoy the taste of vaping so much that I may be doing it too much. I was thinking of ordering a higher level of nicotine to keep my vaping level down. Not sure if that's the right thing to do or not? Maybe because it's new I'm vaping a lot as a novelty. But I don't want to end up intaking more nicotine than I was w/ the cancer sticks.

S&B what level of nicotine did you order and are you starting to vape to replace the smokes?

Like S&B, I was a heavy smoker. Camel Wides. 30 a day. Started with 24 and I'm still at 24. But I vape much less than I did when I started.

The problem is...and this happens with almost everyone who starts vaping...is there's no end to a vape! With a cigarette, you stop when you get to the butt. No butt on an ego!

Don't worry, you'll slow down. Hell, I can go several hours between vapes now. And not even really feel that...urge...for nicotine.

You can try upping your nic level, but I think you'll slow down after awhile.

Ironworker808

Second String

#111 : January 20, 2014, 06:38:14 PM

A quick follow up to your question...

I took advantage of The Vapor Chef's 20% off promo this past weekend and ordered three bottles from them.

Apple Bourbon Tobacco.

Honey Nut Tobacco.

Slartibartfast.

I'm hoping to have them by Friday. I'll do a quick review when I get them.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#112 : January 20, 2014, 07:28:22 PM

How much? 

Ironworker808

Second String

#113 : January 20, 2014, 08:29:40 PM

After the discount, it was $72.

But it was three 60ml bottles. That'll last me three months, at least.

$90 without the discount.

EDIT: If you're thinking of ordering from them, type 'thanks' into the coupon bar. I think the discount is only good through today.
: January 20, 2014, 08:31:48 PM Ironworker808

Ironworker808

Second String

#114 : January 25, 2014, 05:51:35 PM

Received my order from The Vapor Chef today.

First impression is...awe.

Everything taste exactly like the description. Better, even.

Slartibartfast has a deep cherry cavendish taste. Former pipe smokers won't be disappointed.

Honey Nut is exactly that. But more. Think Honey Nut Cheerios without the crunch. But more than that. The honey comes across heavily on the exhale. I swear you can feel it on your tongue. Seriously, you can feel that heavy, syrupy texture of honey when you exhale. Not a strong tobacco flavor. It's there, but subtle. 

Apple Bourbon. Taste like a Green Granny Smith on the inhale, and a smokey alcohol on the exhale. With just a background touch of tobacco flavor.

I'm just glad I ordered the largest bottle available for all three. Would recommend. HIGHLY recommend.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#115 : January 27, 2014, 12:03:24 PM

I just got the Kangertech EVOD starter kit (set of 2) from VapeDojo. Also, got a sampler ejuice kit (18mg nic) from Vapedojo. The EVOD performs fine but the ejuice is terrible and gives absolutely no throat hit. So, beware if you plan on using Vapedojo.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#116 : January 27, 2014, 12:25:28 PM

That's too bad, McBarron. The throat hit factor was a priority for me and I'm assuming I'm not alone in that.  The kit I purchased had a 1100 mAh battery, which from what I've been told is the determining factor on how much of a throat hit these things deliver. Maybe Ironworker would have some insight on that? Are you able to return it for something that would better suit your needs? I'm on day 15 w/o a cigarette and loving the vaping experience.

Wonder how S&B is making out w/ his kit.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#117 : January 27, 2014, 02:05:41 PM

That's too bad, McBarron. The throat hit factor was a priority for me and I'm assuming I'm not alone in that.  The kit I purchased had a 1100 mAh battery, which from what I've been told is the determining factor on how much of a throat hit these things deliver. Maybe Ironworker would have some insight on that? Are you able to return it for something that would better suit your needs? I'm on day 15 w/o a cigarette and loving the vaping experience.

Wonder how S&B is making out w/ his kit.

Throat hit is everything to me. I went to the local B&M here in Tampa and bought one of their ejuices. They tried my ecig and told me the problem is with the juice. They gave me a 24mg thing of 'cowboy' juice and it does hit pretty good. However, my buddy here at work has a Halo with Halo juice and that thing just about knocks me on my ass when I hit it. Crazy.

Ironworker808

Second String

#118 : January 27, 2014, 04:19:15 PM

PG/VG ratio, nicotine content, atomizer resistance, and voltage/wattage all contribute to throat hit, vapor production, and flavor.

It comes mostly from nic content. The higher the nic, the harder the TH.  PG allows more of the TH to come through, while VG mutes it to a degree. And warmer vapor enhances TH to a degree.

Start with a 50/50 mix of PG/VG and go from there. If your PV isn't variable voltage, use a lower resistance atomizer. If your PV is variable VV, raise your voltage a bit.

My mods are not VV, so I only use LR atomizers. 1.8 or 1.5 ohm. I vape 24 mg nic, so a max VG liquid like Pipe Sauce still gives me a good TH because I'm using 1.5 ohm atomizers in my ProTanks.

Hope this helps. There's a bit of trial and error, but don't give up. Your perfect vape is out there, ya just gotta find it.

And ---, congrats! Your sense of taste and smell should have started getting more keen by now, and you're probably hacking up gunk out of your lungs. That'll pass in a couple more weeks, and then you'll feel like running a marathon!

Ironworker808

Second String

#119 : April 29, 2014, 01:14:53 AM

A new one to add to the collection...

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The best way to quit smoking « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools