Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The best way to quit smoking « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#90 : January 04, 2014, 04:42:15 PM

not familiar with this one - I am still using the one I got a year or so back - this is a newer model.  take a few minutes and call them, ask for their eval or customer reports.  the guys at route 66 are very straightforward

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Ironworker808

Second String

#91 : January 04, 2014, 07:57:32 PM

For anyone completely new to this, I would highly highly HIGHLY recommend finding a local B&M and going there.

It's much easier to decide on a system when you can be present and hold or maybe even try the product you're thinking about buying.

B&M's are going to charge a bit more than you'll be able to find online, but I really believe your experience will be better. It'll be worth the extra few dollars you'll spend.

The number of options can (and probably will be) overwhelming. You'll want someone knowledgeable there to help you through it.

When I started vaping (two years ago) there were no B&M's. I can't tell you the number of hours I spent researching online. And I STILL spent more than I should have on products that were inferior to what was readily available.

OR! When you see someone vaping when you're out and about...just ask them about it. We love telling others about our success. ESPECIALLY current smokers.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#92 : January 05, 2014, 09:18:10 AM

quit about 5 or 6 weeks ago.  had to use gum but have been completely nicotine free for almost 2 weeks.  having quit my job to be a house husband made it possible.  don't think I could've quit being overworked and stressed out like I was for the last 13 years.

Wimp..

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#93 : January 08, 2014, 04:38:00 PM

Heres the way to go...

Kgo starter kit...
http://www.nwvapors.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1

...with the Kangertech Protank 2...
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Kanger_Protank_2_p/krpt2-k.htm

...and for your juice...
http://www.madvapes.com/e-liquid.html

If you get one of those small cig-a-likes, your battery will die within hours. Thats why I recommend a big battery... and I suggest getting a kit of 2 so you have a backup for when one is charging you have another one to use.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#94 : January 13, 2014, 02:52:05 PM

The best way to quit smoking to have a related health condition that forces you to realize the amount of damage that has been done but unable to be seen. All can quit, they just need the right reason to give proper motivation. The people I've know who have quit have done so because they just had grand-kids and realized they were in general unhealthy enough to see those children grow up. Find something you like more and that smoking may take away. Good luck

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#95 : January 13, 2014, 03:37:21 PM

Heres the way to go...

Kgo starter kit...
http://www.nwvapors.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1

If you get one of those small cig-a-likes, your battery will die within hours. Thats why I recommend a big battery... and I suggest getting a kit of 2 so you have a backup for when one is charging you have another one to use.

Good recommendation.

I ended up ordering this kit from Bill at NW Vapors. Got it Saturday. Since then I haven't smoked a cigarette and have no desire to smoke one. Looking forward to trying some different flavor juices.

The anti-freeze flavored juice sounds very enticing. 

Seriously, this thing works great. Haven't been this long w/o a cigarette in probably 20 years.

Ironworker808

Second String

#96 : January 16, 2014, 11:22:36 PM

Got my favorite vape back from repair!

Ironworker808

Second String

#97 : January 17, 2014, 11:00:05 AM

Here is another good starter kit. It's $10 more than the kgo kits that were linked to above, but it comes with a USB wall charger/adapter and five replacement atomizers that the kgo kits do not include.

http://www.epipemods.com/ego-and-other-mods/evod-starter-kits.html

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#98 : January 18, 2014, 10:57:52 AM

That's a hell of a rig you got there partner. What are you burning in that bad boy, some Quaker State 10 w30?
: January 18, 2014, 11:06:47 AM ---

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#99 : January 18, 2014, 11:03:07 AM

If you like the taste of Absinthe / anise you should check out this juice. Tastes exactly like the real deal.

http://www.nwvapors.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_26_30&products_id=257

Ironworker808

Second String

#100 : January 18, 2014, 03:14:37 PM

That's a hell of a rig you got there partner. What are you burning in that bad boy, some Quaker State 10 w30?

Ha! No, just some 24mg Oak Barrel Cider.

Never tried absinthe. Don't like the taste of liquorice, so I never bothered.

Here's my other rigs. Yeah, I gotta thing for pipes.

And the obligatory Buc paraphanilia pic.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#101 : January 18, 2014, 05:56:22 PM

Here is another good starter kit. It's $10 more than the kgo kits that were linked to above, but it comes with a USB wall charger/adapter and five replacement atomizers that the kgo kits do not include.

just ordered the Kanger Evod kit and 3 bottles of steam juice.  anything else Im going to need?

Ironworker808

Second String

#102 : January 18, 2014, 07:13:38 PM

just ordered the Kanger Evod kit and 3 bottles of steam juice.  anything else Im going to need?

That should keep you for a while. I usually buy one tank for every flavor I use. It's just easier to switch tanks than it is to clean out and change atomizers every time I want to switch flavors. Usually have four flavors in a rotation at a time. Atomizers usually last me a week to ten days before they burn themselves out. Just something to keep in mind when you're down to your last few, for recording purposes. 

Let me know how you like Steam Sauce. I haven't tried any of those yet. He just released them a week or so ago. The Pipe Sauce I've tried is good. Real good. Its all I've been vaping for the last several months. It's their flavored tobacco line. Steam Sauce is everything else non tobacco.

What flavors did you get?

Also, remember to order more liquid BEFORE you run out! I go through two or three mL a day. Keep track and figure your average daily consumption so you can order with enough time to receive it before you're out.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#103 : January 18, 2014, 07:42:32 PM

I'm digging this vaping stuff. No cigarettes in a week and no desire for one. That's a great collection Ironworker, I read that vaping through a pipe is the best way to go. Not sure that's for me. Any suggestions on a good quality juice brand?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#104 : January 18, 2014, 07:47:12 PM

Dirigible, Haberdashery, and Transdimensional.  Would probably have preferred a tobacco line.  Next time.  What about their pro tank? 

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The best way to quit smoking « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools