Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The best way to quit smoking « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

Incognito

Hall of Famer

: August 17, 2011, 12:17:13 AM

The ol' lady and I have been struggling to quit smoking for years. We finally found the cure. Its the electronic cigarette (e-cig). It produces water vapor which contains nicotine. So you're still getting your fix but without tar and all of the other 1000's of harmful/cancer causing chemicals. Nicotine isn't what causes cancer. Its the chemicals in tobacco. Its the smoke.

A good e-cig kit cost about $56.00 (with e-juice and shipping included).

The e-juice costs about $13.00 for 2 months worth (30ml)... and the juice comes in a million different flavors. I'm vaping some chocolate mint right now. We were menthol smokers. So far its our favorite.

You can choose the level of nicotine. I vape 18ml (medium).

It really feels like we're still smoking but without all of the negative effects such as health issues, second-hand smoke, offensive odors, insanely high cost, bad breathe and death.

You can puff on them ANYWHERE because its not smoke and its harmless.

You just charge it up and go. It goes for about 24 hours before it needs to be charged again.

Anyway, if you're a smoker and you'd like to quit without suffering and failure, let me know and I'll help you get set up with the best products and the best prices.

I can point you to the 2 sites I go to for this.

I've already gotten a bunch of family and friends to quit nasty cigarettes.
: December 15, 2013, 07:01:52 PM Incognito

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 17, 2011, 07:57:45 AM

Which brand name are you using? 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#2 : August 17, 2011, 11:10:32 AM

Do you plan on tapering down your use of nicotine to zero, or do you feel comfortable with continuing using nicotine despite its known cardiovascular risk for heart disease? It's a good start, keep it up.

But hate to be the bearer of bad news if your plan includes to continue nicotine indefinitely because nicotine does have its issues:
causes
    Decreasing oxygen to the heart.
    Increasing blood pressure and heart rate.
    Increasing blood clotting.
    Damaging to cells that line coronary arteries and other blood vessels.

: August 17, 2011, 11:17:30 AM morgan

spartan

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 17, 2011, 11:15:06 AM

Went cold turkey 10 months ago after 30 years smoking.  After about 3 days the worst was over. Just needed the desire (or need) to quit.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 17, 2011, 11:17:59 AM

Went cold turkey 10 months ago after 30 years smoking.  After about 3 days the worst was over. Just needed the desire (or need) to quit.

Respect.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 17, 2011, 12:38:58 PM

Which brand name are you using?

Its the Joyetech eGo.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 17, 2011, 12:47:45 PM

Do you plan on tapering down your use of nicotine to zero, or do you feel comfortable with continuing using nicotine despite its known cardiovascular risk for heart disease? It's a good start, keep it up.

But hate to be the bearer of bad news if your plan includes to continue nicotine indefinitely because nicotine does have its issues:
causes
    Decreasing oxygen to the heart.
    Increasing blood pressure and heart rate.
    Increasing blood clotting.
    Damaging to cells that line coronary arteries and other blood vessels.

I am aware that it increases blood pressure and heart rate... but the increase is barely noticeable in healthy people. I've done a lot of research on it. Doctors say that nicotine is just like caffeine. Its fine if regulated properly.

In all of my research, I haven't heard of the other things you listed. Where did you get that info? Not sure I can believe it.

Anyway, I don't have any plans at this time to step down my nic level. I enjoy what I'm doing and doctors say that nicotine (in moderation) is harmless.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 17, 2011, 12:57:11 PM

http://www.livestrong.com/article/127555-health-hazards-nicotine/

I'd recommend not continuing to use it indefinitely, but to taper off eventually.
: August 17, 2011, 01:00:36 PM morgan

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 17, 2011, 01:08:42 PM

On a side note...

If you are in Thailand and the girl you are with in your hotel room asks you "You want me smoke"?     You should answer yes to that.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 17, 2011, 01:13:40 PM

http://www.livestrong.com/article/127555-health-hazards-nicotine/

I'd recommend not continuing to use it indefinitely, but to taper off eventually.

You're right, nicotine is an addictive substance... and there are minor health risks... but those risks really are for people who already have heart/blood pressure problems or for people who consume too much nicotine. You CAN overdose on it... so its not completely innocent... but it IS a million times safer than smoking. Theres no risk of cancer and other lung diseases. I'm sure I will eventually step down the nic level. The e-juice has levels that go all the way down to zero... but for right now, I'm happy with where I'm at. I no longer smoke. Its like a huge weight thats been lifted.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 17, 2011, 07:56:49 PM

Got hypnotized at a Wellness Seminar. Forty bucks. Never smoked again.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 17, 2011, 10:46:20 PM

Got hypnotized at a Wellness Seminar. Forty bucks. Never smoked again.

I tried the hypnosis about a decade ago.
But failed.  :(
Just curious.
What's your smoking history?
How long for and how much did you smoke?
Any tips for success w/ hypnosis that helped you "kick the habit and join the unhooked generation"?
Just wonderin' if I should maybe try again.
I was hypnotized as part of a large group. Maybe if it was one on one It may be more effective?
Also, at the time, I never really felt I was actually under the influence of hypnosis.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 17, 2011, 10:49:19 PM

On a side note...

If you are in Thailand and the girl you are with in your hotel room asks you "You want me smoke"?     You should answer yes to that.

You are living the life of Riley, Java.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 18, 2011, 08:23:56 AM

Dude that's awesome...I'm not there yet man...wish I were.

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#14 : August 18, 2011, 08:29:33 AM

quit about 5 or 6 weeks ago.  had to use gum but have been completely nicotine free for almost 2 weeks.  having quit my job to be a house husband made it possible.  don't think I could've quit being overworked and stressed out like I was for the last 13 years.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The best way to quit smoking « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools