Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mason Foster is one Big Dude..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 17, 2011, 09:51:03 PM

Why are they taking him out on 3rd down then?   They didn't take Ruud out on 3rd down...

Ruud also didn't see the field as a starter for his first two years. They obviously felt enough of Foster to where they thought they could get rid of Ruud and it not impact the team very much.. Its obvious they don't want to give the rookie to big of a role. It will not be long before Foster is an everydown linebacker. Once again Ruud didn't even start for his first two years.

That was one of the knocks on Monte. He was never comfortable starting rookies.

I hope Foster continues to show what he did against KC.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 18, 2011, 01:02:50 AM

As much as I liked Ruud I have to admit he was a liability in the run game.

flaitguy

Starter
#32 : August 18, 2011, 11:20:05 AM

She said "No" but Mason Foster.

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#33 : August 18, 2011, 01:32:11 PM

+1

youngone

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 18, 2011, 01:36:01 PM

Rudd was a turn-style in the run game

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#35 : August 18, 2011, 01:37:11 PM

Foster is a turn-style in the passing game.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 18, 2011, 01:41:41 PM

you picked up all of that after one game?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#37 : August 18, 2011, 01:42:30 PM

You are questioning my credibility?   At least I know the guy's name that I'm mentioning.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 18, 2011, 03:17:47 PM

Ruud played 6 years with the Bucs. Over the course of the last 4 when he started the full season he average 1.5 int per season and 5 pass deflections per year. I have no idea how we are going to replace that kind of production.....Oh that's right we'll just put in Geno Hayes on Nickel because he average 1.5 INT's per season but average 6 pass deflections per year!!

Ruud was not the force in the passing game everyone thinks he was.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 18, 2011, 03:42:59 PM

Ruud played 6 years with the Bucs. Over the course of the last 4 when he started the full season he average 1.5 int per season and 5 pass deflections per year. I have no idea how we are going to replace that kind of production.....Oh that's right we'll just put in Geno Hayes on Nickel because he average 1.5 INT's per season but average 6 pass deflections per year!!

When did you come to that conclusion?  I thought you were a guy that wanted to Ruud to come back, mainly because of his pass defense.
: August 18, 2011, 03:51:10 PM Biggs3535

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 18, 2011, 03:53:04 PM

When you come to that conclusion?  I thought you were a guy that wanted to Ruud to come back...

I was, and I thought our run game problems were more than just him. But he's gone and we got Foster now so I'm all in on Foster. However I was never one of the people who thought Ruud was super valuable in the pass game, i just never saw it. I thought he was better in run game than most gave credit for but from what I saw and from his stats he isn't the probowl caliber pass defending MLB like Java is making him out to be.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#41 : August 18, 2011, 04:24:09 PM

Ruud wasn't a run stuffer or great at defending the pass, but he was the perfect size for a LB and was always entertaining to watch.

Now, if we just had a smaller QB.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 18, 2011, 07:50:58 PM

You are questioning my credibility?   At least I know the guy's name that I'm mentioning.
No - just the base of information you have based your statement on - i.e. the kid is not going to be able to get it done in pass d.  I think even you will need to watch a bit more before knowing anything, and to pass judgement now is to guess - and while you may end up right - it is a guess at this point in time. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Brianpie2

Second String

#43 : August 19, 2011, 10:19:41 AM

I'm not gonna lie, Foster looks like he can lay some wood!  He is a huge difference from what we had.  I think he could be a real intimidating man in the middle.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mason Foster is one Big Dude..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools