Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suh's actions on the Field are making him an a-hole? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

: August 17, 2011, 06:06:45 PM

Fined again--- being a Jerk in Preseason.  Preseason.

Maybe 'we' got the right guy. Dependable.

McCoy is 'Growin' on Me'.   ;)

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 17, 2011, 06:10:31 PM

He is not proving anything by tossing those QBs around after the play is over.

There are plenty of defensive lineman and linebackers strong enough to do that they are just smart enough not to.

I'm sure it fires up Detroit fans and his teammates but what happens when he does that on 4th down in a critical game situation?

Wildman needs to get his head on straight

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 17, 2011, 06:23:46 PM

Wildman needs to get his head on straight

I hope not. I hope he keeps doing it and gets suspended. Not too bright.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 17, 2011, 06:25:06 PM

i'd take that a-hole on my team in a second

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 17, 2011, 06:30:15 PM

I think those plays that the media talks about are at the most borderline of being dirty.

He is just a badass **CENSORED**.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 17, 2011, 06:31:59 PM

Please accept this video as payment for the epic thread topic. Have a nice day...

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 17, 2011, 06:34:51 PM

P.S. - Some kids piss their name in the snow. Ndamukong Suh can piss his name into concrete.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 17, 2011, 06:51:59 PM

Hoping one of our Buc D-linemen steps up and shows some attitude.  That is what they need, some tude.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

shawn731

Starter

#8 : August 17, 2011, 06:53:29 PM

Please accept this video as payment for the epic thread topic. Have a nice day...

This video was worth viewing!!! Kids are amazing!!

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 17, 2011, 07:21:04 PM

NFL fines Lions' Suh $20K for slamming Bengals QB

By LARRY LAGE
AP Sports Writer

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) -- Ndamukong Suh has been fined a third time for roughing up three different quarterbacks in less than a year.

The Detroit Lions defensive tackle doesn't plan to change his game.

"Not by any means," he said Wednesday after he was fined $20,000 by the NFL for a hit on Cincinnati quarterback Andy Dalton last week. He didn't like it much, tweeting: "$20,000REALLY???!!!"

The former Nebraska star said he plans to appeal the fine.

"Who wouldn't?" Suh asked.

The reigning NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year grabbed Dalton and threw the rookie to the turf after he had gotten rid of the ball late in the first quarter of Friday's preseason game. Suh was flagged for unnecessary roughness.

"The league puts it on the defensive player to know when the ball is gone," Lions coach Jim Schwartz said.

Suh was fined twice last year for hits on Chicago's Jay Cutler during the regular season and Cleveland's Jake Delhomme in a preseason game.

Suh's checking account can absorb the latest hit. His five-year contract is worth $40 million guaranteed and as much as $68 million, though the NFL has increased the fine each time.

"Twenty grand? For the preseason? They're trying to send a message," teammate Nate Burleson said.

Suh was fined $7,500 for what he did to Delhomme, grabbing his face mask, twisting it and slamming him to the ground. He was docked $15,000 for shoving Cutler hard and high in the back from behind during a game last December.

Detroit's second exhibition game is Friday at Cleveland. Browns offensive tackle Joe Thomas said he and his teammates are mindful of what Suh can do.

"Everybody sees it and it's the back of your head, but it's not really something you worry about," Thomas said. "Most of our focus and attention is between the whistles and it seems he's getting a name for himself for what happens after the whistle."

Suh, though, likes the comparison that has been made between him and former NBA great Shaquille O'Neal, whose size and power made him simply stronger than opponents, some of whom fell or flopped after he touched them.

"Shaq had the same problem when he was in the NBA," Suh said. "He kept playing. NBA Hall of Famer soon to come, one of the greatest big men I've ever seen, so I hope to follow in his footsteps."

Suh has some sympathy for the officials, trying to determine if he's playing within the rules.

"I really feel like I put the refs in a tough situation because of my strength," he said.

But it's not going to stop his relentless pursuit of players with the ball?

"I'm not going to stop playing hard," he said. "I owe it to my fans, my teammates, the coaches. That's one of the reasons why football is football. It's physical contact, aggression that is made exciting."

---

AP Sports Writer Tom Withers contributed to this report.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 17, 2011, 07:23:40 PM

You want one of our defensive lineman to start racking up thousands of dollars in fines along with drive reviving personel foul penalties?? Interesting. Its only a matter of time until Suh tosses a QB on 3rd down and the penalty leads to a score, which costs the lions the game. I understand it pumps up their fans and team but thats because it happened on a meaningless play in the pre-season. I cant wait for Freeman to stiff arm this dude to the turf

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 17, 2011, 07:54:50 PM

Let's start cheering Trueblood every time he gets a false start because he is being aggressive! Be tough, be hungry and be mean but don't do anything stupid. You can be a violent and forceful player within the rules of the game.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 17, 2011, 07:57:08 PM

i'd take that a-hole on my team in a second

Yessir!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#13 : August 17, 2011, 08:12:54 PM

"Hate" love the quote on your sig!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 17, 2011, 08:21:16 PM

"The league puts it on the defensive player to know when the ball is gone," Lions coach Jim Schwartz said.

....So he didn't argue the fact?

"Twenty grand? For the preseason? They're trying to send a message," teammate Nate Burleson said.

....Um, no S Sherlock! .....It's only preseason, why is Suh trying to kill people already? Sheesh, take a chill-pill already.

"I really feel like I put the refs in a tough situation because of my strength," he said.

Well, Mr. Suh, if you had not been so slow, you might have gotten to him BEFORE he threw it and not have to hit him afterward? Forward motion is one thing, but putting a man on the ground (like it's WWE) after his usefullness in a play has expired is bogus.

"I'm not going to stop playing hard,"

Because you play at one level Man-beast. ....Maybe he's just not able to understand quickly enough that the QB doesn't have the ball anymore?

Let's start cheering Trueblood every time he gets a false start because he is being aggressive! Be tough, be hungry and be mean but don't do anything stupid. You can be a violent and forceful player within the rules of the game.

Too bad TB won't ever be anything like Suh, but yeah, I agree with this.^

Compare this to a boxing match where only one boxer can commit "low-blow" penalties.

If Suh keeps it up, someone will take out THEIR QB, and that's already proved to be a cakewalk.

......Gotta wonder if Rah wouldn't put out a "hit" on Stafford if they/he pulled that crap on Freeman.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suh's actions on the Field are making him an a-hole? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools