Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pryor is eligible, but..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: August 18, 2011, 10:03:26 AM

So Terrell Pryor has been ruled eligible for the supplemental draft....the kicker is he will be suspended for the first five weeks of the season. That's right. They are carrying over punishment for something he did in college. Has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. This is the ridiculous kind of sh!t the players get for caving and allowing Goodell to keep playing god for the next 10 years.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 18, 2011, 10:09:13 AM

definitely odd.  but i believe there are many rules to entering the supplemental draft that most are unaware of.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Tracktion

Second String

#2 : August 18, 2011, 10:09:36 AM

Like that really matters.

He wouldn't even be close to play in that time period anyways....non issue

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 18, 2011, 10:10:09 AM

wilfork should be suspended then for all the money he took at the U 6-7 years ago.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#4 : August 18, 2011, 10:11:48 AM

I like and hate this at the same time.

I like it because, it shows College Players they just can't escape their problems by going to the NFL. Pryor is going to actually have to have some type of responsibility for his actions from this point on and I like him being held accountable for  the mess he caused in College. Trust me I'm no Ohio State fan but I hate to see kids who are in High School now (Future Ohio State players) having to suffer from the mistakes of one entitled player.

I hate this because, it gives Goodell way too much power and authority.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 18, 2011, 10:11:48 AM

It's definitely not a non-issue, it just happens to not affect Pryor too much. The commissioner deciding league should be allowed to carry over college infractions to the NFL is definitely an issue, though.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 18, 2011, 10:12:38 AM

Also, please don't draft him.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 18, 2011, 10:14:26 AM

suspend reggie bush

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 18, 2011, 10:14:50 AM

You are missing the point. Suspending a rookie NFL player for something that happened in college is a huge decision that sets up a very stupid and dangerous precedent. Next thing you these guys named in the Miami Hurricanes fiasco could be reprimanded for things they did in college years ago. It was just a pointless and idiotic line to cross.

College football is a friggin joke. They can't keep their own house in order. Trying to carry over their judgments and enforce their rules in the NFL is just a ridiculously bad idea.
: August 18, 2011, 10:16:49 AM JDouble

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#9 : August 18, 2011, 10:15:24 AM

Not a fan of pryor but the fact that they are carrying over a punishment from college is ridiculous and stupid.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#10 : August 18, 2011, 10:22:35 AM

Not a fan of pryor but the fact that they are carrying over a punishment from college is ridiculous and stupid.

How so?

When are entitled players who don't think the rules apply to them going to learn any responsibility for their actions? Pryor broke rules, and thought his problems would just go away by going to the NFL, how does he get to get off scott free but the players at Ohio State have to suffer from his selfish actions by getting possible infractions applied to them?

I understand everyone hates how much power Goodell has and I agree, but players have to learn some type of responsibility for their actions, and know they can't just run away from their problems by jumping to the NFL.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 18, 2011, 10:41:17 AM

How so?

When are entitled players who don't think the rules apply to them going to learn any responsibility for their actions? Pryor broke rules, and thought his problems would just go away by going to the NFL, how does he get to get off scott free but the players at Ohio State have to suffer from his selfish actions by getting possible infractions applied to them?

I understand everyone hates how much power Goodell has and I agree, but players have to learn some type of responsibility for their actions, and know they can't just run away from their problems by jumping to the NFL.

He didn't break any laws. He broke the rules set my the NCAA. His punishment is that he can no longer play for the NCAA. That where it should end.

The NFL is now suspending players for breaking laws, breaking NFL rules, AND breaking NCAA rules.

Tracktion

Second String

#12 : August 18, 2011, 10:45:12 AM

You are missing the point. Suspending a rookie NFL player for something that happened in college is a huge decision that sets up a very stupid and dangerous precedent. Next thing you these guys named in the Miami Hurricanes fiasco could be reprimanded for things they did in college years ago. It was just a pointless and idiotic line to cross.

College football is a friggin joke. They can't keep their own house in order. Trying to carry over their judgments and enforce their rules in the NFL is just a ridiculously bad idea.

while i agree that it can be an issue this ones a little bit of a special instance...He entered this supplemental because he is running from college to the nfl. The league is not an escape. So IMO he should be punished. Now if Goodell starts coming after players for old stuff once they are already here I will have an issue.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 18, 2011, 10:47:17 AM

The supplemental draft is for players running from college to the NFL. That's why it exists. Last year Harvey Unga was thrown out of his school for breaking the rules. He had pre marital sex which he had agreed not to do. Perhaps he should have been suspended?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 18, 2011, 10:49:10 AM

one could say Mike Williams escaped college for the NFL.  should he have been forced to sit out the one game his coach would have made him missed for breaking curfew? I don't like Pryor one bit but this decision is just wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pryor is eligible, but..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools