Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik had a chance to improve the offensive line « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

: August 18, 2011, 09:57:14 PM

But he flat out REFUSED to improve it in the slightest bit. This is what you get for not wanting to improve the team. Dominik must be realizing giving Joseph a pile of money and having Turdblood around this team were both serious mistakes. Unfortunately making the offensive line worse (which seemed almost intentional) will set this offense back big time. Luckily Freeman might be a big enough guy that he will be able to take the 30+ hits he is going to take every game. I feel bad for the rest of the team because of Dominik's stubborness.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 18, 2011, 09:59:07 PM

They looked tremendously overwhelmed tonight.

Just awful.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : August 18, 2011, 09:59:49 PM

He doesn't expect to win this year so it's a throw away year.    The Falcons and Saints are too strong for him to gamble trying to put a winner on the field this year.    In 2 years, I believe he thinks the team will be able to compete.   I fully expect him to start signing some free agents in 2 years, but not until then.   For the next 2 years, you Buc fans can just enjoy watching your young team lose to teams with winning records.   It doesn't really matter because Raheem still needs to learn to be a good head coach and it will take another 2 years or so for him to improve to a competitive level anyway.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 18, 2011, 10:02:33 PM

2 guys that would have been upgrades were Doug Free and Marshal Yanda.  I would have liked either of those guys over Davin/TB

bucball1

Rookie

#4 : August 18, 2011, 10:13:45 PM

I told everyone it would be a mistake not signing good free agents im looking at the eagles an they still have the movement of a winner unlike use . I fear that Freeman will get hurt this yr because of this weak offseason an weak oline that they have put we aint playing cupcake teams this yr its real

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 18, 2011, 10:16:14 PM

I told everyone it would be a mistake not signing good free agents im looking at the eagles an they still have the movement of a winner unlike use . I fear that Freeman will get hurt this yr because of this weak offseason an weak oline that they have put we aint playing cupcake teams this yr its real

I don't know exactly what you just said and I agree that we sucked tonight but the Steelers first team tore up the Eagles first team on offense and defense. Vick threw 3 INT's and Young has one so far. No TD's.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 18, 2011, 10:17:03 PM

I agree that our O-Line sucked last night. The only reasoning I can put out there is that this is not the finished product and that changes will be made on the line. At least, I hope so.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 18, 2011, 10:21:36 PM

The problem is that they're committed to Joseph. Larsen will be OK and Penn is usually good, but RT and C are flat out bad. So let's say they draft a RT and a C with our first two picks next year. We're then in a position to wait until mid-2013 before they develop. In the meantime, we say 'Oh it's OK. We're still building.' We assume EVERY other piece we drafted will develop into something good, which is unrealistic. At some point you need FAs to supplement it. But MD won't do that. And we're still in la-la land. Good, but not good enough.

In Verner We Trust

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 18, 2011, 10:23:02 PM

The problem is that they're committed to Joseph. Larsen will be OK and Penn is usually good, but RT and C are flat out bad. So let's say they draft a RT and a C with our first two picks next year. We're then in a position to wait until mid-2013 before they develop. In the meantime, we say 'Oh it's OK. We're still building.' We assume EVERY other piece we drafted will develop into something good, which is unrealistic. At some point you need FAs to supplement it. But MD won't do that. And we're still in la-la land. Good, but not good enough.

Zuttah needs to be looked at as a starter this year. RT, I'd rather have Michael Clayton there than Trueblood.

Sim

Starter

#9 : August 18, 2011, 11:02:20 PM

He doesn't expect to win this year so it's a throw away year.    The Falcons and Saints are too strong for him to gamble trying to put a winner on the field this year.    In 2 years, I believe he thinks the team will be able to compete.   I fully expect him to start signing some free agents in 2 years, but not until then.   For the next 2 years, you Buc fans can just enjoy watching your young team lose to teams with winning records.   It doesn't really matter because Raheem still needs to learn to be a good head coach and it will take another 2 years or so for him to improve to a competitive level anyway.

This is the most accurate description of the state of the team right now.

Can't really fault Dom for this though. He's realistic.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 18, 2011, 11:05:06 PM

There are few changes that can be made at this point.

We re-signed the players and switched the scheme.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 18, 2011, 11:13:14 PM

This is the most accurate description of the state of the team right now.

Can't really fault Dom for this though. He's realistic.

SMH @ you thinking that was an accurate description.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 18, 2011, 11:16:12 PM

We can only hope another Larsen falls in our lap after roster cuts.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#13 : August 18, 2011, 11:30:37 PM

The Buccaneers have the worst o-line in the NFC South. Probably in the NFC and quite possibly in the NFL. Too bad they are going to wreck the season. Dominik you may have made a fatal (job wise) mistake in not upgrading the line

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 18, 2011, 11:32:23 PM

Whining about it always makes it better ;)
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik had a chance to improve the offensive line « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools