Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik had a chance to improve the offensive line « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 18, 2011, 11:34:49 PM

BucBalla, I'm gonna whine about it too. So insult me if it makes you feel any better. Right now, I'm exasperated because we are (our Oline) is who we thought we/they were.

In Verner We Trust

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#16 : August 18, 2011, 11:43:34 PM

Whining about it always makes it better ;)
If Dominik isn't sitting in his office right now wondering why he didn't do his job this off season, then he shouldn't be in charge here. Dominik didn't do his job this off-season.

CaliforniaBuc40

Second String

#17 : August 18, 2011, 11:46:46 PM

BucBalla, I'm gonna whine about it too. So insult me if it makes you feel any better. Right now, I'm exasperated because we are (our Oline) is who we thought we/they were.

When don't you whine? seems like any post i see of yours you are whining about something

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 18, 2011, 11:49:02 PM

Bucs will get their oline talent. We will have to go to war with the guys we have now unless we can find some other guys. Which I agree we do need to find some other guys.
: August 18, 2011, 11:51:14 PM BucBalla85

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 18, 2011, 11:53:22 PM

While you are definitely overreacting, I will agree that we dropped the ball on the o-line, in two different ways.

#1. Resigning Trueblood. I really don't have a problem with the Joseph signing because last year was definitely his worst year and it's because he was injured. At his best, he's solid...although I do think we probably could have paid less for him, I'm not going to complain about that unless we end up not being able to extend a key player due to being at the cap. And I don't see that happening. Trueblood, however, is just awful. He always has been, and there's not even a debate here. None. He's a penalty machine, decent at best at run blocking, and atrocious at pass blocking. The fact that James Lee, who looks equally awful right now, was able to just hop on the team last season and outplay him really says it all. Bottom line is, we should have overpaid for Doug Free. Period.

#2. And that brings me to the other reason, which is that we DID make a mistake in drafting. That's Dominik's philosophy, that signing a free agent from outside the team means you made a mistake in drafting for that position. Now, THIS regime really hasn't done that because it hasn't really drafted any o-linemen(except for Fulton in the 5th), but that doesn't mean we won't still pay for the previous regime's mistakes. You also have to consider that perhaps some draft picks we've made, while solid, should have been used on an offensive lineman instead because the line is in desperate need of improvements almost everywhere. Regardless, the bottom line is that the line could have been improved. Should it have? I suppose that depends on how close this team really is to being a deep playoff team. If they won't be there for a couple of years anyways, then sure, save the cash and draft OL in the 1st/2nd rounds in the next couple of years. But if we ARE, and the only thing we're missing is a couple of solid OL...then it does become a hole that we should have filled. Only time will tell, I suppose.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 18, 2011, 11:56:59 PM

They will draft some next year if they are this bad in the reg season.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 18, 2011, 11:58:50 PM

Thing is, we knew they were this bad before they all got paid. Now we have years + $$$ locked up to guys who never deserved it.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 19, 2011, 12:00:27 AM

Has anyone stopped to think that it could be the Bucs' young QB calling the wrong line protections as much as it may be the fault of the o-line? There was a lotta, lotta communication going on last season among Caddy and Freeman AFTER Freeman made the initial line calls last season. Caddy was communicating with the o-line as much as Freeman was. That will me missed.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 19, 2011, 12:00:54 AM

Thing is, we knew they were this bad before they all got paid. Now we have years + $$$ locked up to guys who never deserved it.

How locked is it though?? Could they just be expensive band aid solutions for now until we find some real guys??

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 19, 2011, 12:03:51 AM

Has anyone stopped to think that it could be the Bucs' young QB calling the wrong line protections as much as it may be the fault of the o-line? There was a lotta, lotta communication going on last season among Caddy and Freeman AFTER Freeman made the initial line calls last season. Caddy was communicating with the o-line as much as Freeman was. That will me missed.

I highly doubt it, because Caddy was seen less and less as the season went on, and this coincided with the Bucs gradually improving week by week. I suppose it's possible that Freeman was simply thrown off by the Patriots different looks, but generally they haven't been all that deceptive with their blitzes over the years so even that would surprise me.

And let's be honest...even if this was the case, the offensive line was so horrendous that they'd still deserve a ton of blame.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 19, 2011, 12:11:53 AM

There's not a lot to communicate about out there. There weren't a ton of complex bltitzes or anything.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 19, 2011, 12:15:53 AM

Dominik allowed this to happen, simply because his ego has gotten too big and he unfortunately thinks he knows what a decent offensive lineman looks like.

CaliforniaBuc40

Second String

#27 : August 19, 2011, 12:20:09 AM

Dominik allowed this to happen, simply because his ego has gotten too big and he unfortunately thinks he knows what a decent offensive lineman looks like.

Or maybe your just retarded?
This is the same Oline that got the bucs to 10-6 right? answer yes or no (none of your pessimistic gibberish)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 19, 2011, 12:22:15 AM

This is the same Oline that got the bucs to 10-6 right? answer yes or no (none of your pessimistic gibberish)

No, we didn't roll Davin, Faine and True out there all that often in 10-6.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 19, 2011, 12:23:44 AM

Go back and watch game film. The offensive line sucked **** last year and when you don't upgrade at positions of need you are getting worse. James Lee, Jeremy Turdblood, Davin Joseph, Jeff Faine they all SUCK BAD!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik had a chance to improve the offensive line « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools