Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik had a chance to improve the offensive line « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

CaliforniaBuc40

Second String

#30 : August 19, 2011, 12:24:07 AM

Dominik allowed this to happen, simply because his ego has gotten too big and he unfortunately thinks he knows what a decent offensive lineman looks like.

Or maybe your just retarded?
This is the same Oline that got the bucs to 10-6 right? answer yes or no (none of your pessimistic gibberish)

No, we didn't roll Davin, Faine and True out there all that often in 10-6.
Fine i'll rephrase is this not the same depth chart at Oline that we had last year? Collectively

CaliforniaBuc40

Second String

#31 : August 19, 2011, 12:26:18 AM

Dominik allowed this to happen, simply because his ego has gotten too big and he unfortunately thinks he knows what a decent offensive lineman looks like.

This is the same Oline that got the bucs to 10-6 right? answer yes or no (none of your pessimistic gibberish)

Go back and watch game film. The offensive line sucked **** last year and when you don't upgrade at positions of need you are getting worse. James Lee, Jeremy Turdblood, Davin Joseph, Jeff Faine they all SUCK BAD!
Their sucking and what not still won 10 games. They strengthened the D this year and next year will probably address the Oline depth more. These players know the scheme and with the lack of time to learn all the plays they are going to work for this year.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#32 : August 19, 2011, 12:29:02 AM

Go back and watch game film. The offensive line sucked **** last year and when you don't upgrade at positions of need you are getting worse. James Lee, Jeremy Turdblood, Davin Joseph, Jeff Faine they all SUCK BAD!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think if we ALL go back and watch the tape from last year were gonna see an Oline that rushed for  8th over all in the league. Are you purposely being this stupid? Cause I know I would have to work really, really hard to accomplish this idiocy.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 19, 2011, 01:28:26 AM

THE OLINE WASN'T THE REASON WE RUSHED 8TH IN THE LEAGUE.

Jesus, will people stop using this defense. It was ALL on Freeman/Blount. Blount led the league by broken tackles before even hitting the LOS by a far margin. That's POOR OLine play, flat out.

stormsct

Starter

#34 : August 19, 2011, 01:32:24 AM

Their sucking and what not still won 10 games. They strengthened the D this year and next year will probably address the Oline depth more. These players know the scheme and with the lack of time to learn all the plays they are going to work for this year.
The need is to address the Oline starters, not just the depth. The 1st stringers got strung along by better, more talented players.

The Bucs need to upgrade the Oline and fast.

CaliforniaBuc40

Second String

#35 : August 19, 2011, 03:28:59 AM

The need is to address the Oline starters, not just the depth. The 1st stringers got strung along by better, more talented players.

The Bucs need to upgrade the Oline and fast.
With what happened this year and the shortening of the offseason there was no real smart way of bringing in and completely changing the Oline this offseason. Just like how Benn was slow to learning the scheme and play book, other players even vets might have that same curve. I'm pretty sure the new blocking scheme as well will help the Oline and this whole conversation will be forgotten after the first few games. Our Oline is healthy and will either improve or fail and if it does then thats when they will draft a few new Olinemen and cut these players or keep them as back ups.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 19, 2011, 03:36:27 AM

After watching the Pats game did you see how Ridley and BGE went 4-5 yards often times without even being touched?

That never ever happened for our RBs last year.

Honestly look at these two videos but exclusively watch the offensive line. Blount and Freeman are being absoluete magicians as the O-Line gets straight crushed....

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 19, 2011, 03:52:04 AM

Joseph and Zuttah were the only guys to do fairly good. Both played solid and each only had a couple bad plays. Everyone else sucked or was at best bad. I agree they should have brought in at least 1 guy, even if it were to compete for spot. Faine at this point either has to amaze or step asside. Im guessing it will be the later.

If every pick in next year draft is O-line(and 1 CB), I would not be upset in the slightest. Something has to be done if they dont turn it around very soon.

I must say though, a bunch of times they sent more guys than blockers, so it could be on Freeman some and it could also be play calling as Freeman needed to be completing quicker passes. The O-line couldnt pick up the blitz of crap.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

britbuc14

Starter

#38 : August 19, 2011, 06:18:09 AM

whatched the first four mins of the Freeman highlights and counted the plays, then went back and watched how many times the Oline broke down...

out of 24 plays, Josh was running for his life on 17. So thats over half the time, but it tells me two things the Oline SUCKS and WE HAVE ONE HELL OF A QB

Due to the Head Coaching circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned back on. We appreciate your patience.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 19, 2011, 11:04:09 AM

At the end of the day, the tape doesn't lie.

Blalock > Dahl > Joseph AND Larsen

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 19, 2011, 11:21:51 AM

True.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 19, 2011, 11:36:37 AM

but it not part of the plan.  those guys would have wanting signing bonuses and 8 pairs of socks.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 19, 2011, 11:38:16 AM

but it not part of the plan.  those guys would have wanting signing bonuses and 8 pairs of socks.

Right but hell stick to the plan by drafting some Oline in next years draft if the guys are that bad this year.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 19, 2011, 11:41:15 AM

Blount and Williams were number four and number six in the league last year in percentage of yards gained after contact.  I don't think the offensive line would have a lot of reason to crow about the team's rushing success last season.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 19, 2011, 12:15:18 PM

Zuttah should start at LG and we should move Larsen to C
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik had a chance to improve the offensive line « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools