Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik had a chance to improve the offensive line « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#75 : August 28, 2011, 06:29:30 PM

True blocked down and Graham picked up the DE. Thats exactly what is supposed to happen. Trueblood didnt give blitz resposibilities to Graham. He gave the responsibilty of the DE to Graham. The free blitzer isnt either of their faults. Last i checked Mayo was an ILB and its the QBs job to point out MLBs/ILBs and reconize them as blitzers. The play in question has more to do with Freeman than Trueblood and Graham.

Its called a slide protection and most go to the left to protect the QB. The HBFB then usually picks up the backside pressure. Thats what happened. Pats just brought Mayo around on a looping blitz. and there was no one to pick him up due to the slide protecting and the fact Freeman didnt reconize him as a blitzer.

Maybe you should be reading your suggested books. There were a couple plays like you suggested, but that one was no it.

First of all, you're a full blown retard if you think there "supposed" to be a free blitzer while two OL are double-teaming a DL.  That's asinine.  You might want to check out that book after Tinkerbell is done with it.

Second, the initial point was pointing out that Freeman isn't the only guy on the field responsible for adjustments on blitzes - as even Faine admitted.  What do you think Trueblood's motion to EG was?  If Trueblood had not checked his DE to EG, EG would have been available to pick-up the blitzer.  This isn't difficult to understand.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#76 : August 28, 2011, 09:58:49 PM

This isn't difficult to understand.

Actually it's very easy to understand, you have no clue, like usual, what you are talking about. It has been clearly explained already, the play was a WR short dump and the line was suppose to block down to give cut back to the WR. The Pats simply overloaded the side. How hard of a concept is that to understand, even for you? BTW, there was no motion from TB to EG, at least not on that play. You have already been proven very wrong here and in fact basically full of chit, why do you keep digging your hole deeper?

Once again, it is well known your passionate hate for anything TB. He could save the Pope's life, solve world hunger, create everlasting world peace and even be willing to date your sister and you would still invent things about him. TB is not a great O-Line, we all know that and no one is even coming close to saying that. But the guy makes enough of his own mistakes for real that you don't need to go invent more. I know you have a passion for male genitalia, but geesch, get off of TB's junk already. We get it, you hate TB plain and simple and as far as you're concerned, Lee should start because he is just as good if not better.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#77 : August 29, 2011, 12:18:28 AM

The NFL knows the Bucs have a bottom 5 offensive line, and I mean easily bottom 5. Too bad he refused to upgrade the positions of need ohh well. Luckily Freeman can take getting hit every play he doesn't hand it off.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#78 : August 29, 2011, 01:45:26 AM

True blocked down and Graham picked up the DE. Thats exactly what is supposed to happen. Trueblood didnt give blitz resposibilities to Graham. He gave the responsibilty of the DE to Graham. The free blitzer isnt either of their faults. Last i checked Mayo was an ILB and its the QBs job to point out MLBs/ILBs and reconize them as blitzers. The play in question has more to do with Freeman than Trueblood and Graham.

Its called a slide protection and most go to the left to protect the QB. The HBFB then usually picks up the backside pressure. Thats what happened. Pats just brought Mayo around on a looping blitz. and there was no one to pick him up due to the slide protecting and the fact Freeman didnt reconize him as a blitzer.

Maybe you should be reading your suggested books. There were a couple plays like you suggested, but that one was no it.

First of all, you're a full blown retard if you think there "supposed" to be a free blitzer while two OL are double-teaming a DL.  That's asinine.  You might want to check out that book after Tinkerbell is done with it.

Second, the initial point was pointing out that Freeman isn't the only guy on the field responsible for adjustments on blitzes - as even Faine admitted.  What do you think Trueblood's motion to EG was?  If Trueblood had not checked his DE to EG, EG would have been available to pick-up the blitzer.  This isn't difficult to understand.

nice spin. lol. Where did I say there was supposed to be a free blitzer? I said there was a slide protection and no one pointed out the mike as a blitzer(usually the QBs job). Thats why he was a free blitzer. Not hard to understand and pretty basic if you understand slide protections. Yes if there werent a slide protection, EG may have been able to pick up the blitzer, but he would have to be accounted for presnap for that to happen. Its not the Ts job to locate the mike and decide if hes a possible threat.

We understand completely Freeman is not the only guy, but the Mike is job to point out. Plenty of guys made mistakes from the line, to the backs, to the QB, to the coaching. Thats perfectly clear.  resort to insinuating insults, but it hardly confirms what youre trying to convey. If anything it diminshes it further because you came to conclusion that wasnt even implied in my post amongst all the insults. Feel free to bash people for things they didnt say.......adds a lot to your credibility. Prolly better if you just reiterate PFFs analysis and post purposely misleading stats.
: August 29, 2011, 01:47:00 AM tatmanfish

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#79 : August 29, 2011, 08:03:08 AM

But he flat out REFUSED to improve it in the slightest bit. This is what you get for not wanting to improve the team. Dominik must be realizing giving Joseph a pile of money and having Turdblood around this team were both serious mistakes. Unfortunately making the offensive line worse (which seemed almost intentional) will set this offense back big time. Luckily Freeman might be a big enough guy that he will be able to take the 30+ hits he is going to take every game. I feel bad for the rest of the team because of Dominik's stubborness.

Yes you got it! I sure Dom was thinking well I should probably get better at O-line but you know what? I just don't want to. Thats all I just don't feel like having a better team this year than last year so I won't. Maybe he knows more than you do. Probably not though.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#80 : August 29, 2011, 09:14:39 AM

BTW, there was no motion from TB to EG, at least not on that play.

You're right.  He must have just farted and whiffing away the stink.

Some people simply have no idea what they are seeing.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#81 : August 29, 2011, 10:14:37 AM

You're right. 
Good first step to recovery, admitting you are wrong. Good job.

Some people simply have no idea what they are seeing.

And that is an excellent second step, admitting what you don't know. You are making good progress.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#82 : September 08, 2011, 10:00:36 PM

The witching hour is almost upon us.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#83 : September 08, 2011, 10:17:07 PM

The telling point was Faine telling media the Oline blew assignments - and I will add lots of them - that they should have been able to handle both mentally and physically.  And that is the scary part.  And there were tons of guys who would have been upgrades in FA - and just just as good for a lot less money as Joseph and Trueblood.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik had a chance to improve the offensive line « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools