Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are the chances The Dom double dips on OL in next years draft? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 19, 2011, 11:40:15 AM

Id say a very good chance but lets not just assume he does it because weve done it the last two years with other weaknesses. It will be because we got the right guys who can play. It would be great if it happens like that. It is all about 5.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 19, 2011, 11:55:32 AM

It's inconsistency individually and as a group.  If you throw out the number from this week to last week what do you see?  Last week the LOS was clean.  No penetrators or free runners at #5.  This week that's all you saw.  The up and down as a unit has to stop.  These guys are fresh outta excuses...IMO

Last week the first team OL was playing against KC's backups

Doesn't matter who is in front of you.  The level of effort should be seen as the same and it wasn't.
Who cares about level of effort. Results are what matter.

In the preseason it is about effort and execution. You want to come out fired up to do the right things, to not miss assignments, to play fast regardless of the score.  Results are positively or negatively earned by the attitude you cultivate in preseason...
Excpe this isn't an isolated occurance. This is what happens EVERY SINGLE TIME these guys face a physical front 7. It's like if Michael Clayton were to drop a pass in pre-season, you wouldn't say "It's only pre-season." This is who these guys are.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 19, 2011, 12:00:21 PM

It's inconsistency individually and as a group.  If you throw out the number from this week to last week what do you see?  Last week the LOS was clean.  No penetrators or free runners at #5.  This week that's all you saw.  The up and down as a unit has to stop.  These guys are fresh outta excuses...IMO

Doesn't matter who is in front of you.  The level of effort should be seen as the same and it wasn't.

In the preseason it is about effort and execution. You want to come out fired up to do the right things, to not miss assignments, to play fast regardless of the score.  Results are positively or negatively earned by the attitude you cultivate in preseason...

It's easy to give high effort when you start off dominating because you are playing backups.  Not so much when you are getting abused by grown-ups.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 19, 2011, 12:41:29 PM

What does everybody think about Mike Brewster C from Ohio State?

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#34 : August 19, 2011, 12:45:43 PM

The point is he didn't have to have to double dip, if we could have gotten the oline worked out in this year's FA we would be set.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 19, 2011, 02:53:18 PM

It's easy to give high effort when you start off dominating because you are playing backups.  Not so much when you are getting abused by grown-ups.

NOT TRUE, MOST WOULD SAY YOU BECOME MORE FIRED UP FACING A SUPERIOR OPPONENT. I'M BY NO MEANS MAKING EXCUSES FOR THESE GUYS.  THE EFFORT LAST NIGHT KINDA SUCKED.  BUT THERE ARE ALWAYS REASONS FOR THE SUCKAGE.  I'M SICK OF IT BUT THE TEAM IS SOLD ON THESE GUYS AND THINK THEY GIVE THE THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

freddy

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 19, 2011, 03:16:45 PM

I've been waiting for Dom to do something about it for 2 years now.  his ignoring of it baffles me to no end.  But we might need to use the 1st on a CB if we decide or have decided for us that Talib isn't the future.

S&B, I know it's still early, but lets say Dom took Oline 1-2 like he did DE this year. Would the complaints on the board then be - Why didn't he address the DE position? When there are so many holes, apparently Dom thinks it is better to decicate a lot of resources to it (i.e. multiple picks) instead of just a patchwork and try to fix everything at once.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 19, 2011, 03:21:18 PM

I've been waiting for Dom to do something about it for 2 years now.  his ignoring of it baffles me to no end.  But we might need to use the 1st on a CB if we decide or have decided for us that Talib isn't the future.

S&B, I know it's still early, but lets say Dom took Oline 1-2 like he did DE this year. Would the complaints on the board then be - Why didn't he address the DE position? When there are so many holes, apparently Dom thinks it is better to decicate a lot of resources to it (i.e. multiple picks) instead of just a patchwork and try to fix everything at once.
9 times out of 10 only a left tackle is worth a 1st round pick, so we would have still had Clayborn. Any of the picks rounds 2-4 would have been in play, though.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 19, 2011, 03:23:34 PM

If I was Dom.. Id wait to draft a CB later. Oline is more important than CB at this point. CB can be addressed later.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 19, 2011, 03:32:30 PM

9 times out of 10 only a left tackle is worth a 1st round pick, so we would have still had Clayborn. Any of the picks rounds 2-4 would have been in play, though.

You are correct, but those rounds 2-4 include Williams, Benn, Foster, Bowers, Lewis, Moore and Miller. Sure,now you could say Moore, maybe Miller but who was available then? I'm just saying, first I agree, I wish we had drafted some Oline (or better yet signed a stud FA) But which reasonable draft pick do you not make for a reasonable lineman at that position.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 19, 2011, 03:32:42 PM

Anyone else see Penn get whooped and spun around last night, then try to block a guy with his butt? Smh....

HOOOOOOOO!!!!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 19, 2011, 03:43:53 PM

The point is he didn't have to have to double dip, if we could have gotten the oline worked out in this year's FA we would be set.

maybe the guys in this years FA were overrated.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#42 : August 19, 2011, 04:09:03 PM

They couldn't have been worse than last night.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 19, 2011, 04:17:19 PM

Davin Joseph certainly was

threadkiller

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 19, 2011, 04:26:23 PM

Faine was a free agent signing. How's that working out for us at the moment?

This can't be a serious response, did you forget to blue that?  I hate the "not every free agent ever signed does well for their new team" argument against attempting to improve your team through free agency.  Guess what, not every draft pick (even high draft pick) works out for the team either.  As well as I think Dom drafts, not even for the Bucs. 
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are the chances The Dom double dips on OL in next years draft? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools