Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are the chances The Dom double dips on OL in next years draft? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BuccsFan09

Rookie

#45 : August 19, 2011, 04:39:34 PM

Now people see why teams spend money on some free agents. Just cause you give Joseph and Faine big contracts doesnt mean they will play like it. Even Penn was getting it handed to him. Penn had me cracking up when he was blocking the guy with his butt. I wanted to say it was a break down in communication, but it we just got manhandled and Haynesworthless wasnt even playing. We should of got Justin Blalock and Yanda. Or some other guard and RT. I know they were out there in free agency. Freeman was running for his life, he wont be able to take much of that. You need talent to win, our guys have chemistry and you see what Pats did with that. We will draft two lineman next yr as we should do because we wont bother with FA. Now if we do that, we are hoping and praying that those two picks turn out great. We will see what the line does next week, maybe it was just a break down in communication, but I doubt it.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#46 : August 19, 2011, 04:48:58 PM

do any of you guys break down film of these other OL that were available in FA?  every play, every game like you do the Bucs?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#47 : August 19, 2011, 04:57:59 PM

These guys are fresh outta excuses...IMO

I must say, that's refreshing to hear.

The point is he didn't have to have to double dip, if we could have gotten the oline worked out in this year's FA we would be set.

maybe the guys in this years FA were overrated.

Davin Joseph certainly was

lolz

BuccsFan09

Rookie

#48 : August 19, 2011, 05:20:19 PM

do any of you guys break down film of these other OL that were available in FA?  every play, every game like you do the Bucs?

I watch a few of them or the announcer will say something and I will start watching them, but Profootballfocus.com does a good job of breaking down all the players in every game.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#49 : August 19, 2011, 05:25:34 PM

I watch as many Falcons games as Bucs games and I never see their guys other than Sam Baker get worked like the Bucs linemen routinely do.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#50 : August 19, 2011, 05:31:12 PM

sounds like a Conflict of interest. I would stick to just watching the Falcons if that is the case, imo

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#51 : August 19, 2011, 06:07:01 PM

I'm such a big Bucs homer that when I watch them on tv I try to cover up the half of the screen so I don't have to view the opponent.

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#52 : August 19, 2011, 06:14:13 PM

I'm such a big Bucs homer that when I watch them on tv I try to cover up the half of the screen so I don't have to view the opponent.
lmao!!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#53 : August 22, 2011, 10:55:02 AM

These guys are fresh outta excuses...IMO

I must say, that's refreshing to hear.

They are still my guys but I'm getting pissed that they've been together this long and you still have games like that.  I know it's the preseason and I'm not really tripping, but I expected not to have to really defend these guys this year.  I don't care how good NE is up front, we shouldn't have looked that bad against them no matter how vanilla we played the game...JMO

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#54 : August 22, 2011, 11:08:23 AM

I don't care how good NE is up front, we shouldn't have looked that bad against them no matter how vanilla we played the game...JMO
The problem is New England shouldn't be that good. Other than Wilfork, they're starting a bunch of veteran cast offs who just got signed a month ago.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

pryorjoshc

Second String

#55 : August 22, 2011, 12:22:29 PM

My OLine fix for next year.
1. Cut Faine.
2. Draft a RT to actually push and force the Bucs to Cut ties with Trueblood after his 2year contract is up.
3. Draft a Mauling LG (ie. Sears without the "personel issue") One name = Cordy Glenn
4. Move Zuttah and Larsen to OC (Loser is the backup guard or the LG if the rook is not quite ready)

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#56 : August 22, 2011, 12:31:19 PM

I think CB could be a big need next year as well. 

Whether they like it or not, drafting alone isn't going to fix the OL issues and fill needs in other areas.

That is why they need to find at least 2 outside FA's to help on the OL this year.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#57 : August 22, 2011, 07:52:15 PM

Here is a novel idea. Why don't we wait until after the season to evaluate the oline. Remember the oline from the 02 Bucs was supposed to be the teams weaklink but Gruden and Johnson new how to adjust the oline for the style of defense they played each week and not mention one of the decades best defenses on the other side allowed us to win with a couple fg's a game.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

#58 : August 22, 2011, 08:12:56 PM

I think CB could be a big need next year as well. 

Whether they like it or not, drafting alone isn't going to fix the OL issues and fill needs in other areas.

That is why they need to find at least 2 outside FA's to help on the OL this year.

Emphasis on could be...I wouldn't be surprised to see our CB depth really emerge this season. Biggers and Lewis can be really good, and Gaitor is going to push his way onto the field at some point.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are the chances The Dom double dips on OL in next years draft? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools