Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "___________________________________!!" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Hate

Hall of Famer
: August 19, 2011, 12:23:08 PM

I have no words for what i saw last night. I mean, we could chalk it up to "its just a preseason game" but that ain't the case. I know the Pats are a superior team.... i get that, but to look so sloppy, so winded, so un-prepared was quite the shocker for me. No pass, no run, no pressure, no tackling.

My only prayer is that last night's performance was the exception, not the rule.

Oh well, got that off my chest. On to next week!!!
: August 19, 2011, 03:12:04 PM PRPatrol

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 19, 2011, 12:28:35 PM

Good learning experence for our young team. They were basically caught off guard and left speechless. I don't ever like seeing us get beat like that especially at home but we will learn some things from a game like that. Best thing about the game last night was that its preseason.

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#2 : August 19, 2011, 12:30:50 PM

Don't ride the emotional rollercoaster, you'll throw up.

bucs63

Starter
#3 : August 19, 2011, 12:34:22 PM

Some days you're the dog and some days you're the tree. Damn tree got peed on, crapped on, and bi tch slapped last night.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 19, 2011, 12:36:45 PM

^^ Ain't it the truth ^^

+1

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 19, 2011, 12:44:49 PM

On bright spot though: McCoy did get a good shot on Brady, looked damn near a fumble to me. The rest of the line has to show up with him though.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 19, 2011, 12:47:00 PM

McCoy looked unblockable last night, and twice knocked down one of the most elusive quarterbacks in the NFL.  That is encouraging.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#7 : August 19, 2011, 12:59:11 PM

Not unexpectedly homers don't even want to acknowledge the possibility that the team may not be as good as they thought and have some very obvious weaknesses. The same people who cheered when Cadillac wasn't or Ruud weren't re-signed are at a loss of words for why the Bucs were embarassed in front of their own fans.........

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#8 : August 19, 2011, 01:08:35 PM

Last night reminded me of the Jets game from 2009, where the team just looked unprepared and uninspired. Sloppy play with lots of penalties, and playing against a Super Bowl contender hopefully provided the team with a wake up call, it's Pre Season so I won't get too worried, but if they play like that against a not as talented team next week then I'll be worried.

Don't jump off the Sky Way yet, Talib, & Winslow have yet to play, and last night was only one game.

Only positives from last night were McCoy & the punter.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Hate

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 19, 2011, 01:13:15 PM

Not unexpectedly homers don't even want to acknowledge the possibility that the team may not be as good as they thought and have some very obvious weaknesses. The same people who cheered when Cadillac wasn't or Ruud weren't re-signed are at a loss of words for why the Bucs were embarassed in front of their own fans.........

LMAO......what does the cheering of Ruud/Carnell's dismissals have to do with what happened last night? Carnell wasn't gonna sack Brady and Ruud sure as hell wasn't gonna stop us from being gashed.

And if you're referring to me as a homer, you're a bit mistaken.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#10 : August 19, 2011, 01:16:53 PM

Eliminating the experienced leadership on a team leaves you a bunch if young kids who laugh (like McCoy did) after getting their asses handed to them on a silver plater.

Youngry, my ass. This team better grow up quickly or find themselves losing a lot of games pretty quickly.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 19, 2011, 01:17:49 PM

LMAO......what does the cheering of Ruud/Carnell's dismissals have to do with what happened last night? Carnell wasn't gonna sack Brady and Ruud sure as hell wasn't gonna stop us from being gashed.

And if you're referring to me as a homer, you're a bit mistaken.

Yeah...nice try Morgan but that was a ridiculous stretch. If you think having Ruud or caddie would have made us better last night you're out of your $#$%#^^# mind!

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 19, 2011, 01:21:06 PM

The blitz reaching Freeman before he finished his dropbacks on first and second down have nothing to do with Cadillac Williams.  Wes Welker catching short passes for first downs has nothing to do with Barrett Ruud.  We were embarrassed because we aren't as good, and weren't as prepared as New England.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 19, 2011, 01:21:49 PM

The blitz reaching Freeman before he finished his dropbacks on first and second down have nothing to do with Cadillac Williams.  Wes Welker catching short passes for first downs has nothing to do with Barrett Ruud.  We were embarrassed because we aren't as good, and weren't as prepared as New England.

+1
Spot on

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 19, 2011, 01:22:34 PM

One loss, morgan...ONE loss and you discredit the "Youngry" slogan? I saw Foster bury Ocho with every bit of passion he had. Circumstantial penalty or not, there WERE guys that looked good last night in addition to the bad looking ones...McCoy not whining about it and taking it in stride was mature in itself.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "___________________________________!!" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools