Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "___________________________________!!" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 19, 2011, 01:23:03 PM

Eliminating the experienced leadership on a team leaves you a bunch if young kids who laugh (like McCoy did) after getting their asses handed to them on a silver plater.

Youngry, my ass. This team better grow up quickly or find themselves losing a lot of games pretty quickly.

Why do i get the sense that in some sick, twisted, java-esque way, you took great enjoyment from the display last evening?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Coburn1

Starter

#16 : August 19, 2011, 01:32:06 PM

As far as the defense goes I am a bit worried the talking heads may be right when they said young teams like the Bucs would suffer from the lockout and lack of prep time. In terms of the O-line only Larsen has the young player lacking OTA time excuse. Although perhaps lack of time iwth the new coach switching a few things up has some effect. Kind of makes me mad when Faine was negative about getting together with Freeman and then gets owned so badly, but he's also just plain bad, and he may have been terrible regardless.

A lot of people dismissed the media saying lockout would hurt young teams like ours, saying we'd be fine, but I don't know now. I hope if this is case it doesn't take us too long into the season to have everyone on the same page. I know some of the defense were shocked at the pace and didn't have the adjustments ready before the snap.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 19, 2011, 01:35:03 PM

I absolutely think that we were missing Ruud last night.  His loss hurts us in the short term while Foster takes his lumps and learns on the fly.  It's the long-term big picture where letting him go was a good idea.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 19, 2011, 01:36:37 PM

I absolutely think that we were missing Ruud last night.  His loss hurts us in the short term while Foster takes his lumps and learns on the fly.  It's the long-term big picture where letting him go was a good idea.

I didn't see where Ruud hurt us last night but I could tell where the loss of Caddy hurt us.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 19, 2011, 01:40:47 PM

Yea, Its no excuse but sometimes these a#$ whoopings are a good thing. Only if they learn some things.

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#20 : August 19, 2011, 01:41:27 PM

I have no words for what i saw last night. I mean, we could chalk it up to "its just a preseason game" but that ain't the case. I know the Pats are a superior team.... i get that, but to look so sloppy, so winded, so un-prepared was quite the shocker for me. No pass, no run, no pressure, no tackling. F**K!!!!

My only prayer is that last night's performance was the exception, not the rule.

Oh well, got that off my chest. On to next week!!!

For as much as I talk up this team to my friends and family who I brought to the game last night I was utterly embarrassed. The people I brought to the game trying to make them fans were Laughing and the Buccaneers. I think some of them are now patriot fans.

As bad as the Team was on field the stadium experience was just as bad. Massive lines at every concession (I have been to hundreds of sporting events and it wasn't just typical crowds) rude employees everywhere. A beer guy in my section was unbelievably rude to my family and everyone in our area. Loud speaker system was inaudible. They have a lot of work to do to make this a real professional venue and product.

gillen033

Starter

#21 : August 19, 2011, 01:42:16 PM

Of course there's that possibility morgan. But this was a preseason game. Practice.

The defensive line showed promise. Remember, the pats offensive line is pretty good. Still, McCoy was consistently in their backfield, and Clayborn had a couple of nice plays. Bennett wasn't very good, and Geno Hayes just didn't do jack **CENSORED**. Foster had a decent game, that hit on Ocho was especially nice, though I can see how it looked like a helmet to helmet to the refs. The one thing I hated about our defense was when we would blitz Ronde and/or a linebacker or two. I understand the desire to get pressure, but it doesn't seem like a good idea to do this when they have 5 wide receiver sets. I think we're better off blitzing at most one guy, and relying on the defensive line to get pressure. We would have had a sack on the first play if Ronde would have covered Welker instead of making an attempt at a blitz.

Our O-line was not as bad as it looked last night. They were not consistently getting dominated  like a lot of people on here are saying. Individually, a couple guys lost battles, but so did players on the Pats O-line. We were obviously ill-prepared for their blitz packages, but I chalk that up to no film study. It didn't help that Freeman was a bit off his game last night. There were at least two, maybe three times where he should have hit the check down. Is it possible he was trying to impress Brady/Belichick? Or maybe he's just too tall, and can see over the lineman so well that he doesn't see when guys are coming down on him until it's too late.

All in all, they were clearly the better team. Part of it had to do with little game planning, whereas the Pats obviously had a great plan. I don't blame our coaching staff for this, though. We have so many young guys, I would rather they spend their time learning what they need for the regular season versus studying for a preseason game that means nothing. I am a bit more worried about how flat we looked coming out the gate. This was a big problem last year, more so when playing at home. I don't know what it is, but obviously something about our pre-game preparation needs to change.
: August 19, 2011, 01:45:40 PM gillen033

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#22 : August 19, 2011, 01:48:08 PM

Yea, Its no excuse but sometimes these a#$ whoopings are a good thing. Only if they learn some things.

I hope so. Hopefully opened a lot of player's eyes and showed them how they can get snakebit if they don't come with their "A" game.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#23 : August 19, 2011, 01:49:17 PM

I didn't see where Ruud hurt us last night but I could tell where the loss of Caddy hurt us.

Definitely the protection by Caddy was obvious. Not so obvious is the fact that Ruud was the QB of the defense. Now we've got to depend on a rook to do it.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 19, 2011, 02:13:18 PM

Lumpkin is better at pass protection than Caddie. Rewatch this game and last week's game if you don't believe me.

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#25 : August 19, 2011, 02:15:55 PM

better? idk
every bit as good ? yeah i'd definitely say so

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 19, 2011, 02:16:13 PM

Lumpkin is better at pass protection than Caddie. Rewatch this game and last week's game if you don't believe me.

Lumpkin does well in one on one protection but where he needs experience is in his pre-snap reads.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 19, 2011, 02:33:33 PM

The body language on both teams said a ton last night. One was "I'm going to kick your butt"...the other was "we're taking a beatdown tonight". I'll leave it to the rest of you to ID the teams.

I didn't particularly like the reaction of what I heard afterwards either. Get McCoy off twitter and forget about the media until he does something in the league. The Bucs, at this point and with a player or two exception, are a very soft team.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 19, 2011, 04:17:35 PM

I bet Ocho Cinco and Danny Woodhead don't think we are a soft team.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#29 : August 19, 2011, 04:23:53 PM

After re-watching, I gotta put this on the coaches for the most part. We looked unprepared. And when things started going bad, most guys gave up.

Safety play was terrible. Pass protection was obviously a disaster. Run blocking, too.

McCoy and Clayborn played well. Bowers got double teamed when he was running with the 2nd string DLine. Bennett can't hold his edge.

Our Punter is a boss though.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "___________________________________!!" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools