Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "___________________________________!!" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 19, 2011, 04:43:25 PM

I absolutely think that we were missing Ruud last night.  His loss hurts us in the short term while Foster takes his lumps and learns on the fly.  It's the long-term big picture where letting him go was a good idea.

I didn't see where Ruud hurt us last night but I could tell where the loss of Caddy hurt us.

Definitely the protection by Caddy was obvious. Not so obvious is the fact that Ruud was the QB of the defense. Now we've got to depend on a rook to do it.

Sad that you pay less attention than me. Black is the QB of the defense until Foster is ready.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 19, 2011, 05:00:42 PM

Eliminating the experienced leadership on a team leaves you a bunch if young kids who laugh (like McCoy did) after getting their asses handed to them on a silver plater.

Youngry, my ass. This team better grow up quickly or find themselves losing a lot of games pretty quickly.

The funny thing about this is that the most pathetic group on the field last night was the one with the most experience by far. Penn, Faine, Joseph, and Trueblood are all vets, Larsen being the only young guy on the o-line.

Nice try though.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 19, 2011, 05:31:18 PM

I have no words for what i saw last night. I mean, we could chalk it up to "its just a preseason game" but that ain't the case. I know the Pats are a superior team.... i get that, but to look so sloppy, so winded, so un-prepared was quite the shocker for me. No pass, no run, no pressure, no tackling.

My only prayer is that last night's performance was the exception, not the rule.

Oh well, got that off my chest. On to next week!!!
I really think that Barrett Ruud will be missed this year. What I saw with my tivo was terrible and I kept thinking of college football. It is my hope and prayers that this is an fluke...OBD

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 19, 2011, 05:50:27 PM

MOST teams are only evaluating players in the pre-season and DON'T game plan hardly at all. I'm thinking the Pats do more so than most.
This from Earnest Graham after last night: "There's a lot to take from this game, for us to go and correct," Graham said. "At the same time, we had our rout last week where we came out and played really energetic.
"But like everything else, especially in the sports world, you try not to get too high on last week or too low on how we're playing right now. We did some things that we can look at on film and correct. That's what the preseason is for."

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 19, 2011, 05:52:23 PM

When you play an elite team in the first quarter and its 1st string against 1st string...there is no excuse...OBD

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#35 : August 19, 2011, 05:54:20 PM

MOST teams are only evaluating players in the pre-season and DON'T game plan hardly at all. I'm thinking the Pats do more so than most.
This from Earnest Graham after last night: "There's a lot to take from this game, for us to go and correct," Graham said. "At the same time, we had our rout last week where we came out and played really energetic.
"But like everything else, especially in the sports world, you try not to get too high on last week or too low on how we're playing right now. We did some things that we can look at on film and correct. That's what the preseason is for."

Sounds like a sensible explanation. A team coming off a 14-2 season probably doesn't have to evaluate as much as a team who hasn't been in a playoffs for a few seasons, like the Bucs.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 19, 2011, 06:30:12 PM

I bet Ocho Cinco and Danny Woodhead don't think we are a soft team.

No, they probably think the Bucs are cheap shot team that sucks and is an easy patsy for a W.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 19, 2011, 06:31:40 PM

Thats right..

Hate

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 19, 2011, 06:34:53 PM

No, they probably think the Bucs are cheap shot team that sucks and is an easy patsy for a W.

Cheap shot team? Your idiocy continues!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 19, 2011, 07:16:34 PM

Actually Ochocinco stated he thought the hit was 100% legal and good....soooooo...you're wrong.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 19, 2011, 07:17:42 PM

Actually Ochocinco stated he thought the hit was 100% legal and good....soooooo...you're wrong.

The Woodhead hit?   I seriously doubt he said that about that hit.

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#41 : August 19, 2011, 07:20:56 PM

keep that head on a swivel! lol

youngone

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 19, 2011, 07:24:34 PM

after that hit i doubt he is speaking much

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 19, 2011, 07:26:16 PM

You mean the cheap Woodhead shot by a Buccaneer player about to be fined for that hit?

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1283398.0.html

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 19, 2011, 07:27:57 PM

Cheap shot? It's called a legal block. Pay attention or get your block knocked off. Plain and simple.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "___________________________________!!" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools