Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ochocinco's tweet to Foster.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 19, 2011, 11:56:44 PM

Java is a richard cranium.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 19, 2011, 11:59:09 PM

Who would we want as commissioner that would overturn Goodell's rules though? I don't think any new face would...

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 20, 2011, 12:02:03 AM

What do you mean?  Any commish who doesn't de-intensify the game is fine by me...Goodell is dropping hammers and pussifying the game I love!  And so many other do as well...Goodell sucks.  Ask anyone.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 20, 2011, 12:05:01 AM

Yeah, but what makes you so sure the next guy won't be even worse?

"Meet the new boss...'Same as the old boss!" - The Who.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 20, 2011, 03:46:11 PM

Goodell is going to be commish for a while. Fans and players may not like him. But he works for the owners. Pretend you were an owner. You probably would love him. More fines(not sure money goes back to owners though???) punishing players and holding them accountable.
  He is like that supervisor who inforces the rule and reports even the smallest infractions to the boss. All the employees hate the supervisor but the boss loves him.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 20, 2011, 04:02:38 PM

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 21, 2011, 09:12:24 PM

Hell yea, Ochco is the man!

Talk about honor.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 21, 2011, 10:02:03 PM

Who would we want as commissioner that would overturn Goodell's rules though? I don't think any new face would...

There really wouldn't even be many to overturn, outside of the stupid new kickoff rule. The helmet to helmet stuff SHOULD be illegal, it's Goodell's obsession with softening the game that is causing the refs to call anything that even remotely looks violent. Same with suspensions, they've always existed but Goodell just pulls random fines and suspensions out of a hat.

Just getting a commissioner who isn't completely over the top on keeping everything perfectly save would instantly change it.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#38 : August 21, 2011, 11:42:28 PM

I hope to see Mason deliver a few more hits like that this year.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#39 : August 21, 2011, 11:44:15 PM

I've always been a huge ocho cinco fan....he's a good guy

It's too bad the Bucs didn't sign him.
you like Ocho?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 22, 2011, 12:05:44 AM

There really wouldn't even be many to overturn, outside of the stupid new kickoff rule. The helmet to helmet stuff SHOULD be illegal, it's Goodell's obsession with softening the game that is causing the refs to call anything that even remotely looks violent. Same with suspensions, they've always existed but Goodell just pulls random fines and suspensions out of a hat.

Just getting a commissioner who isn't completely over the top on keeping everything perfectly save would instantly change it.

Foster didn't get called for helmet to helmet. He got called for hitting an unprotected receiver. Apparently in that situation you can't level a guy and try to knock the ball out....your just suppose to stop on a dime and ask him to kindly take a knee.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 22, 2011, 12:52:54 AM

Foster didn't get called for helmet to helmet. He got called for hitting an unprotected receiver. Apparently in that situation you can't level a guy and try to knock the ball out....your just suppose to stop on a dime and ask him to kindly take a knee.

I believe its you cant hit the guy high.  You can hit him as hard as you want, but not high, as in helmet and shoulder pads.  I think it was a stupid call FTR.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 22, 2011, 10:10:30 AM

Ruud never would have gotten a flag for that, hell has Ruud ever gotten a personal foul flag in his career? He is probably hoping offensive plays could get flagged for hitting him too hard.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : August 22, 2011, 10:27:29 AM

I believe its you cant hit the guy high.  You can hit him as hard as you want, but not high, as in helmet and shoulder pads.  I think it was a stupid call FTR.

Yeah that is the rule, but it's stupid. For one, you have two guys flying at each other full speed and the tackler is suppose to be able to hit the guy with pin point accuracy? Who ever makes these stupid rules never played the game.

Secondly, when you make a rule that  tells players to go lower, all you are doing is replacing upper body injuries with lower body injuries. Is it really better to have your knee destroyed rather than a concussion or broken collarbone? 

Lastly, if the receiver is carrying the ball high and tight as he should....this rule means you can not hit the ball and attempt to jar it lose. When I watch the replay of Foster's hit on OCho, this is exactly what I saw. He lead with his shoulder directly at the ball and it caused Ocho to drop the pass. He did his job perfectly and was penalized for it. There was no helmet to helmet. It was close, but it's always gonna be close. Ocho is offering to pay his fine because it was a perfectly timed hit focused on the ball and Ocho recognized that. Too bad Goodell and his ass clowns can't do the same.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ochocinco's tweet to Foster.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools