Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs are so bad, what does that say about the Jags? « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: August 19, 2011, 03:09:40 PM

They lost to the Patriots by 30+ points, and BRADY DIDN'T PLAY. They put up 12 points. The Bucs weren't ready last night. Last week they were. They are still the youngest team in the league,but they are not lacking talent. They will be competitive with most teams in the league, but we're not ready for the elite teams just yet. Maybe by the end of the season we will be. Maybe not. If this team was loaded with experienced vets, I would be very worried . With no OTAs or mini-camp to build on, a bad game against an elite team is not exactly a shocker. We'll get better. The talent is there at most positions and some roster changes are due very soon. I'm guessing first cuts are due.

George Johnson got a sack last week and again last night. As I recall, he was having an impact a year ago until he was injured. Curious to see if he makes it this year.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#1 : August 19, 2011, 03:21:24 PM

I do not necessarily agree that the Bucs are bad. They were bad last night, but much of it felt like poor coaching, lack of effort, and lack of motivation. Of course - Tom Brady is Tom Brady. He doesnt even need preseason.

But to be so far out of position on so many plays, to not be prepared for blitzes, to show no fight, to allow a team to surgically pick you apart on both sides of the ball -- that falls on the staff. Lets hope it is an anomaly and they figure it out.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#2 : August 19, 2011, 03:56:31 PM

Just means Jax is horrible.

I just wish the Dolphins game was tomorrow so I could get that bad game from my Brain.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 19, 2011, 05:07:57 PM

It's a preseason game. It doesn't mean we are winners or losers. The only thing preseason games show is if you're ready and who is going out there for you. As everyone could see last night, we are not ready at the moment. People were wondering if the lockout had an affect on the Bucs? I think last night gave you your answer.

Coburn1

Starter

#4 : August 19, 2011, 06:06:34 PM

I think most people are down not because of the score but because of how it seemed like we were helpless at the start if you looked at what was on the field. The defense is young and didn't have much OTAs, plus new person calling plays for defense, just people out of position and poor discipline in gaps for playing the run. The offensive line was disturbing though. People wonder how that is going to be fixed and I wonder the same thing.

But yeah if you're just looking at the score these things can be funny. You could look at how badly the Pats beat us, and then look at how badly we beat the Chiefs and say are the Chiefs really that bad? But of course we know it doesn't work like that. There's always times we completely blow a team A out of the water but then look helpless against team B. Team A then goes and beats team B. What does that say? Happens all the time. Just hope we can get this thing together and be consistent. Hope we don't start out too flat, and really hope we only get better further into the season.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 19, 2011, 06:36:03 PM

Who really cares about the Jags?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#6 : August 19, 2011, 07:08:58 PM

The Jags played AT the Pats.   You can expect to be blown out on the road on occasion.   You should never be blown out at home.

RudeGuy

Starter

#7 : August 20, 2011, 01:02:20 AM

The Jags beat the Falcons Friday night.  LMAO

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 20, 2011, 01:51:24 PM

The Jags beat the Falcons Friday night.  LMAO

Daisy chain.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 20, 2011, 02:10:53 PM

They lost to the Patriots by 30+ points, and BRADY DIDN'T PLAY. They put up 12 points. The Bucs weren't ready last night. Last week they were. They are still the youngest team in the league,but they are not lacking talent. They will be competitive with most teams in the league, but we're not ready for the elite teams just yet. Maybe by the end of the season we will be. Maybe not. If this team was loaded with experienced vets, I would be very worried . With no OTAs or mini-camp to build on, a bad game against an elite team is not exactly a shocker. We'll get better. The talent is there at most positions and some roster changes are due very soon. I'm guessing first cuts are due.

George Johnson got a sack last week and again last night. As I recall, he was having an impact a year ago until he was injured. Curious to see if he makes it this year.
There is no correlation - zip.  And like Hate said - 'who cares'

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 20, 2011, 04:00:32 PM

The same jags team that beat the falcons last night ?

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 20, 2011, 05:20:20 PM

What is says about them is that the preseason doesn't matter, considering they just beat Atlanta.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs are so bad, what does that say about the Jags? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools