Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow demoted « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 21, 2011, 03:46:47 PM

Brady Quinn > Tebow

LMAO!!!! I knew it all along.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 21, 2011, 03:56:23 PM

I'd be frustrated if I were a Denver fan. They've seen Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, and Hillis walk out the door, and what do they have to show for it? They don't seem to have converted what they got for those guys into a better team.

The Broncos attempted to trade Orton, who is clearly their best QB at this time, apparently willing to go with Tebow and Quinn during the season. Now, their first-round QB draft pick is the third QB on the team? I find their moves puzzling.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 21, 2011, 04:03:16 PM

The Broncos attempted to trade Orton, who is clearly their best QB at this time, apparently willing to go with Tebow and Quinn during the season. Now, their first-round QB draft pick is the third QB on the team? I find their moves puzzling.

It is simple, the staff has now seen all 3 QB's and have sorted them by ability. They're likely gonna be very happy that they didn't trade Orton off to MIA.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 21, 2011, 04:19:55 PM

I'd be frustrated if I were a Denver fan. They've seen Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, and Hillis walk out the door, and what do they have to show for it? They don't seem to have converted what they got for those guys into a better team.

You find them puzzling because they make no sense. That organization is in shambles.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 21, 2011, 04:44:18 PM

I think John Fox will turn it around in Denver. He'll just need this year and maybe next. You look at his days in Carolina though, and he was very comfortable with an unspectacular but dependable veteran QB in Delhome, a great running game, and a great defense. I think Orton is his Delhome and they added quite a few pieces to start a great defense this offseason. He's just gonna need to improve the O-line and get a stud RB to lead. Mareno is a side kick, not a #1 RB imo.

They have been all down hill though. It started with firing Shannahan, and got worse from there. I bet Fox really wishes they still had Hillis there!

Anyways, I don't think Fox wants any part of Tebow. I think Elway and the owners would like to go with Tebow because they spent a first on him, but I think after a bit of an internal struggle they have decided to let Fox do his thing. It won't surprise be at all if Tebow is traded soon.
: August 21, 2011, 04:46:19 PM JDouble

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 21, 2011, 05:01:33 PM

Anyways, I don't think Fox wants any part of Tebow. I think Elway and the owners would like to go with Tebow because they spent a first on him, but I think after a bit of an internal struggle they have decided to let Fox do his thing. It won't surprise be at all if Tebow is traded soon.

Elway has made a number of not-so-supportive comments about Tebow. I think Teboew was all McDaniels and when he left the building so did his internal support.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 21, 2011, 05:30:38 PM

I think John Fox will turn it around in Denver. He'll just need this year and maybe next. You look at his days in Carolina though, and he was very comfortable with an unspectacular but dependable veteran QB in Delhome, a great running game, and a great defense. I think Orton is his Delhome and they added quite a few pieces to start a great defense this offseason. He's just gonna need to improve the O-line and get a stud RB to lead. Mareno is a side kick, not a #1 RB imo.

They have been all down hill though. It started with firing Shannahan, and got worse from there. I bet Fox really wishes they still had Hillis there!

Well...there's a lot we don't know. Originally the plan was to trade Orton and that fell apart apparently because the Fins couldn't get a restructure done. So I'm not sure how committed to Orton the Broncos and/or Fox are in reality. As far as the handling of Tebow...the thought that they may feel Tebow needs basically a down year with no concerns about playing (from either side) has occurred to me. He had no off season with the Broncos staff to improve his mechanics and that may be something they are looking at for the upcoming season. Quinn has also had a couple of seasons of training camps and offseasons to work on things and he may simply be more ready to play in an NFL game if necessary.

Also...the reports were that this was not necessarily a permanent order on the depth chart and may have been for one game just to see Quinn play with the 2nd string as they are also evaluating him. Tebow gets a lot of negative focus however he played better than I expected he would at the end of last year. He may never be a star....certainly not to the level he was in college...but he can be a starter and is certainly better than most of the backups in the league right now.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 22, 2011, 12:22:11 AM

Java is an idiot. If it were up to him we'd have Gruden, tebow AND Rudd!!!

Can't argue any of that.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#38 : August 22, 2011, 12:32:27 AM

Java is an idiot. If it were up to him we'd have Gruden, tebow AND Rudd!!!

Can't argue any of that.

Rudd has been retired for seven years.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#39 : August 22, 2011, 01:09:20 AM

I think this just shows how far Tebow is from being a starting caliber QB.  Before training camp opened, it seemed as though the Broncos were committed to trading Orton and allowing Tebow to take over the reigns.  Now that they've had more time to evaluate Tebow, the coaching staff has demoted him to only throwing 2 passes in a preseason game.  That tells me that they have no faith that he can be a winner in this league right now.  This is the second NFL coaching staff that has felt that way about Tebow.  He's still young, though, and will have a chance to prove all of his doubters wrong. 

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 22, 2011, 10:07:16 AM

Ahhh Tebow sucks at everything other than a spokesman for Kleenex, Gruden still has not developed a QB worth a damn, Josh McDaniels is NOT better than Raheem as a coach and Ruud still SUCKS. Damn, Java has gotta be looking for other losers to root for. Is anybody really surprised by Tebow being nothing more than hype? Good college QB but let's face it that Gators team was a helluva lot more than Timmay Tissue.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 22, 2011, 05:03:21 PM

1st round pick drafted to be the 3rd QB

And we are complaining about our GM not taking FA.
Maybe the owner of the Broncos can join the owner of the Colts in Louisiana looking for an MVP QB

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 22, 2011, 05:58:45 PM

Where is JavaRay?

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 22, 2011, 06:25:55 PM

This is how bad teams stay bad. Tebow played very well last season and since then all the Broncos have done is try to embarrass him.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 22, 2011, 06:33:42 PM

This is how bad teams stay bad. Tebow played very well last season and since then all the Broncos have done is try to embarrass him.

I actually kinda agree with this. He was unconventional of course, but when he cam in last year he brought excitement and he was responsible for 7 TDs in his 3 starts. They can win with Tebow. They need to decide what they are going to do cause keeping him if they aren't gonna go with will just make things worse. They haven't handled this well at all imo. I'd be very annoyed if I was Tebow.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow demoted « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools