Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shaun King rips into Gerald McCoy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

YReceiver14

Starter

« : August 20, 2011, 09:46:38 PM »

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=52830

In one of the more epic radio tirades of this century, former Buccaneers quarterback Shaun King unloaded five cans of verbal whoopass on Gerald McCoy yesterday while co-hosing The King David Show on WQYK-AM 1010.

King was set off by McCoy cracking jokes to reporters about the greatness of Tom Brady and playfully insulting Chiefs quarterback Tyler Palko, plus making excuses for his own play. The Boston Globe recorded McCoy’s entire chat, which Joe wrote about yesterday.

King made it clear that his rage was built up over time, saying McCoy consistently talks too much for a guy with “no pineapple in your diet.” King explained, for the benefit of Joe and other laymen, that “pineapple” is playerspeak for Pro Bowls.

“The league’s asking Ndamukong Suh to please stop slamming quarterbacks. McCoy’s asking Tom Brady to slow down,” King said.

“In [McCoy's] fantasy world, he’s somebody. …I’m trying to think of what excuse is he going to come up with next. Last year he was confused. He was blaming the coach. Then he had a sore arm.

“Tom Brady doesn’t now who you are. He needs a reality check. Somebody needs to knock on his door. He’s out of line. …Until he starts producing and gets some sacks, he stinks. …I want Gerald McCoy to stand up and be accounted for. … You are the No. 3 player in last year’s draft. … Kyle Moore stunk when he got here, but at least I didn’t have to listen to him.

“Local media, don’t interview Gerald McCoy anymore. I don’t want to hear him talking. …Right now you stink Gerald McCoy. Shutup and play. Last I checked there’s no pineapple in your diet.”

McCoy missed the first preseason game nursing a minor shoulder injury. In general, the Bucs have been cautious with players’ health this preseason. Raheem Morris has been very open about that.

That doesn’t sit well with King, who thinks McCoy and the youngest team in the league needs to be on the field more.

“Coach Morris might be babying these guys too much. Too many guys with no pineapple in their diet that aren’t coming to the dinner table. … There’s a whole lot of Joey Galloways on this team,” King said, referring to Galloway’s light practice schedule under the Chucky regime.

King also blasted McCoy for taking his Twitter fans to the movies, which King says is another sign McCoy is taking on a superstar personna — minus the superstar production.

The whole concept of McCoy joking to reporters wedged under King’s skin, too, and King blasted McCoy for not realizing how expensive it is to go to a game and some people “make signifcant sacrifices” to buy tickets. “This is not a game. This is not a joke.”

Interestingly, Raheem Morris commented on McCoy’s attempt at humor with reporters to close his Friday news conference.

“That was a soft statement by Gerald last night,” Raheem said. “But, I think he was trying to, it was a bad joke, I think he was trying to give Tom Brady really a compiment.”

For Joe, there’s no question McCoy is going to be scrutinized mightily by King and fans because of McCoy’s contract – though fans will probably give McCoy more rope than King. As the No. 3 overall pick, he’s enjoying $35 million or so of guaranteed money. That’s just football and the rest of professional sports.

Ironically, Raheem praised McCoy’s disruptive play in Thursday’s game, as did former Bucs defensive end Steve White, who called in to The King David Show to discuss McCoy following King’s tirade.

“The Patriots aren’t saying today that they blocked McCoy. They couldn’t block him,” White said of McCoy’s play early in the first quarter.

White acknowledged McCoy’s missed tackle in the backfield that led to a huge Patriots gain, but in all White said McCoy is improving and should almost be lauded for not throwing his defensive line coach clearly under the bus last year. White is no fan of departed Todd Wash.

At the end of the day this will all come down to production. If McCoy has a good, healthy season, nobody will care what the hell he says or where he frolics with his Twitter pals.
« : August 20, 2011, 09:49:55 PM YReceiver14 »

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

« #1 : August 20, 2011, 09:51:10 PM »

Shaun King should be the last person to trash anyone. Not only was he absolutely horrible as a player, but he sucks as an analyst too. Even ESPN who loves horrible analysts canned his ass.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

« #2 : August 20, 2011, 09:55:28 PM »

Does Shaun King have any "Pineapple in his diet?" (No)  Didn't  Shaun King have a reputation for not studying or practicing like a professional when he was the QB of the Bucs? (Yes)

I guess if anyone knows how "not to take your job seriously, " it would be Shaun King. On second thought, maybe we should listen to what Shaun has to say afterall......

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #3 : August 20, 2011, 10:00:44 PM »

Krispy Kreme King sucked - but that doesn't change the fact that he's right.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #4 : August 20, 2011, 10:01:52 PM »

Props to Steve White for calling in and defending McCoy's play.  McCoy was the only watchable player on Thursday.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

Bookert1905

Pro Bowler

« #5 : August 20, 2011, 10:08:55 PM »

LOL at people who took Mccoy seriously. The guy makes a joke in an interview in a preseason game where he played really well and people ran with it. The media is so sad

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

« #6 : August 20, 2011, 10:09:17 PM »

Props to Steve White for calling in and defending McCoy's play.  McCoy was the only watchable player on Thursday.

Yeah, and he played well as a rookie especially in the second half. McCoy is unfairly being compared to Sapp and Suh all the time but those guys are rare talents. McCoy is a good player in his own right. But even if he wasn't playing well, who does Shaun King think he is? He says McCoy shouldn't talk because he sucks, yet he of all people is running his mouth. I think he is just trying to get some attention because nobody gives a rat's ass about him anymore.

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

« #7 : August 20, 2011, 10:16:02 PM »

i'm in agreement with shaun king i don't wanna hear gerald mccoys mouth right now

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #8 : August 20, 2011, 10:40:10 PM »

These days, it takes a lot of courage to speak the truth in this town. Speak it, Shaun!

McCoy's play right now is not worth his draft position. This guy was picked #3 overall. Remember that.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #9 : August 20, 2011, 10:43:48 PM »

King is right whether McCoy played well or not on Thursday.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #10 : August 20, 2011, 10:47:11 PM »

These days, it takes a lot of courage to speak the truth in this town. Speak it, Shaun!

McCoy's play right now is not worth his draft position. This guy was picked #3 overall. Remember that.

In LAST YEARS draft and was hurt towards the end of the season. To early to tell what kind of player Mccoy ends up being.

NittanyBuc

Starter

« #11 : August 20, 2011, 10:52:47 PM »

Who's Shaun King?  :D

Wolf

Rookie

« #12 : August 20, 2011, 10:54:57 PM »

Somebody who takes himself way to seriously.

I love this team, and would cheer them even if Leeman Bennett was coaching Alvin Harper and Eric Curry.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #13 : August 20, 2011, 11:06:09 PM »

Shuan is just tired of hearing the excuses... and so am I. I mean this is year three of this rebuilding experiment. Im getting tired of the same excuse over and over again.... "The team is young and searching for identity." How many more years does it take for an NFL team to find an identity? Seems the only identity this franchise has is how to build a team while spending as little money as possible.

But I have a feeling we will be hearing LOTS of excuses this season. Lockout, youth, inexperience, injuries, tough schedule, etc....

Like the old saying goes....the only people that make excuses are losers.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #14 : August 20, 2011, 11:10:21 PM »

i'm in agreement with shaun king i don't wanna hear gerald mccoys mouth right now

I agree with the message, just not the delivery. It's like McCoy humped his wife or something.

McCoy does need to shut up and work on his craft. However, he's not been around that long, was injured, lockout ensued, DL coaching change, was moved all over the line last season, and the players around him weren't ever the same week in, week out. So at least there are legit excuses and we aren't sitting around with our hands in the air in the traditional "WTF" position.

McCoy just needs time in a stable work environment. I think he'll do fine if he can just get that.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shaun King rips into Gerald McCoy « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools