Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shaun King rips into Gerald McCoy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

Capt Kidd

Starter
#15 : August 20, 2011, 11:12:52 PM

If that fuels his engine, let him talk. Neon Deion had a nickname and ran his jaws before he ever did anything in the NFL. Sapp was a mouth too. The last 4 games he's played, he's been disruptive as hell. As a fan, I want to hear what he has to say.

Oh, and F#@^  the lazy, slow Shaun King. Nothing was ever his fault but he always had an opinion.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 20, 2011, 11:27:41 PM

Shuan is just tired of hearing the excuses... and so am I. I mean this is year three of this rebuilding experiment. Im getting tired of the same excuse over and over again.... "The team is young and searching for identity." How many more years does it take for an NFL team to find an identity? Seems the only identity this franchise has is how to build a team while spending as little money as possible.

But I have a feeling we will be hearing LOTS of excuses this season. Lockout, youth, inexperience, injuries, tough schedule, etc....

Like the old saying goes....the only people that make excuses are losers.

LMAO, we make excuses for putting a positive spin on ANYTHING or having any optimism and you are too damn stupid to realize that you make excuses with all the negativity and pessimism. If you are tired of excuses then you quit making them yourself.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 20, 2011, 11:58:12 PM

So, Shaun King is trying to make a name for himself as a broadcaster by raging on McCoy because of what he said to reporters? King must be getting desperate to start making statements like these. If McCoy, who hasn't played even a second season, can't talk without being criticized, why should we have to listen to some guy who bombed out as a QB? He should follow his own advice and spare us his pathetic insights. Torn biceps = "sore arm?" Sounds like something the slanted Java would say, and, quite frankly, that's being unfair to Java.

Does King not know how ridiculous he sounds when he's talking about McCoy not having any pineapple in his diet? King was a spectacular flame-out. McCoy is a leader on the defense and looked good against double-teams. King didn't apply himself enough to be the QB of the team. Shaun shouldn't be able to express an opinion for the next 100 years if he followed his own criterion.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 21, 2011, 12:08:47 AM

Who?

Stratobuc

Starter
#19 : August 21, 2011, 03:34:24 AM

Who the F.... is Shaun King ? A washed-up wanna-be never-was who rode the league's best defense to wherever he got, and NEVER put the work in he should have to be an NFL quarterback. I'd consider the source.

Borat!

Starter

#20 : August 21, 2011, 03:48:35 AM

King was a worthless QB. Hell, I could have done as good of a job as he did. His opinion on pro-bowls means as much as mine because we both have the same amount. He is just as good as a random person on a message board.

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 21, 2011, 04:18:32 AM

McCoy was a disruptive force against the Patriots.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 21, 2011, 07:55:42 AM

King was a worthless QB. Hell, I could have done as good of a job as he did. His opinion on pro-bowls means as much as mine because we both have the same amount. He is just as good as a random person on a message board.
And a far better qb than he is a radio talk show host, or a sports reporter - he is both remarkable for his ineptness and sad in that apparently he is out of areas of supposed talent

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 21, 2011, 08:31:50 AM

couple things:

1:  Consider the source.  Burger doesn't have much credibility when he rips McCoy given what happened in his own career.  But.....he does have one point....
2:  McCoy hasn't done nearly enough to be the self appointed leader and spokesperson for the team.  Cripes, McCoy has more quotes, interviews and offseason articles about him than Freeman and Josh has actually had some success in this league.  We should treat him and his fellow young bucs like they do in college:  No interviews until the player is an upperclassman or at least no longer a freshman.  This guy sure as hell shouldn't be doing radio shows.  Aside for a couple flashes prior to being injured, his rookie year was a disappointment. Now I actually thought McCoy looked pretty good against NE but we are paying this guy Pro Bowl money and he needs to step his game up dramatically in his second year to justify it.    Until he does, he should tone down the slap stick comedy routines after blowouts.

GuerillaInThaMist

Rookie

#24 : August 21, 2011, 08:34:23 AM

Funny thing is you all make fun of Shaun King 'Who is that'etc.

In reality, he has done more than McCoy in the NFL.  Shaun is spot on.  McCoy needs to shut his religious, smart-ass, mr. Excuse mouth and play football.

GITM approved.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 21, 2011, 08:35:32 AM

Krispy Kreme King sucked - but that doesn't change the fact that he's right.
I have to agreed. He called it right out. Always a first for something...OBD

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 21, 2011, 08:39:59 AM

so you are going with the blind squirrel analogy - maybe... worth calling the player out - likely not imvho

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Tommy

Starter

#27 : August 21, 2011, 08:41:24 AM

McCoy really came on at the end last season before going on IR and he looked good in the "preseason" game against the Pats. Shaun King needs to move on to the only thing he is good at....stuffing his mouth

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#28 : August 21, 2011, 09:23:15 AM

Sure he called it right.   But King has no business talking about anybody.  And the way he did it was classless.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 21, 2011, 09:55:26 AM

Sure he called it right.   But King has no business talking about anybody.  And the way he did it was classless.
He hung up his cleats and is an announcer. He knows the inner workings of that club better than me. I think his opinion has merit and I have to agree to that point. Anything beyond that for me is just conjecture...OBD

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shaun King rips into Gerald McCoy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools