Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shaun King rips into Gerald McCoy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

Wolf

Rookie

#30 : August 21, 2011, 10:04:08 AM

Sure he called it right.   But King has no business talking about anybody.  And the way he did it was classless.
+1/2

I agree with the last half of you statement; King was over the line.  However, I really don't see what the big deal is with McCoy's comments.  He played hard and was disruptive - THEN he made a joke about a tough situation.  As long as he does that first part I don't care about the joking around.

I love this team, and would cheer them even if Leeman Bennett was coaching Alvin Harper and Eric Curry.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#31 : August 21, 2011, 10:37:49 AM

Shaun King can recognize when a player isn't playing well. He has tape of himself from every year he has played in the NFL to compare to.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 21, 2011, 11:01:16 AM

im amazed.  posters want mccoy to be a leader...but not act like a leader.  king is way off base imo.  did sapp give any interviews his rookie year?  must've been okay back then.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#33 : August 21, 2011, 11:21:00 AM

im amazed.  posters want mccoy to be a leader...but not act like a leader.

Maybe those posters don't think that self-promotion is a sign of leadership.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#34 : August 21, 2011, 11:25:51 AM

Its an attitude before its ever a reality. Or don't understand that? Too complicated a phrase for you? It means, that one has to believe he is a leader, before others will.
: August 21, 2011, 11:28:13 AM Zsnore

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 21, 2011, 11:38:52 AM

Yes, "Or don't understand that?" is too complicated a phrase for me. What does it mean, Mongo?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#36 : August 21, 2011, 11:42:49 AM

LOL... Nice comeback I'll just assume you have nothing real to say anymore on the subject of Gerald taking a leadership role. As if you had anything real to say in the first place

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 21, 2011, 11:47:52 AM

You do that. Dimwitted assumptions seem to be your forte.

So, snore, how's your "take the board back" project coming along? About ready to wrap it up?

benir0

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 21, 2011, 11:52:28 AM

Shaun King seems to include himself in some imaginary list of respected former players.  As a starter, he was literally THE reason that we lost so many games and he rested on his non-existent laurels and got fat.  How on earth a guy like that can question a guy like McCoy is beyond me.  IMO, McCoy has already showed more character than King could ever muster.

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#39 : August 21, 2011, 11:54:28 AM

I guess you haven't looked around the board lately. During your reach-around, grab-ass sessions with Java, and a few others you must of missed that there's more positive on this board then negative.

Its ok, you keep cloaking yourself under the guise of a "fan" while waiting around for the team to do badly, so that you can come back in here and bring up any little validation ur grubby hands can grab onto . Now your source is Shaun King, of all people... The irony here is we were talking about Gerald McCoy, and when I shoved the garbage coming out of from ur fingertips, back in ur face u tried to change the subject to me. Good job, you proved you don't know what your talking about.
: August 21, 2011, 11:56:02 AM Zsnore

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 21, 2011, 12:13:56 PM

I'll say this....Gerald is being Gerald and not Sapp...which is all you can ask of the young man. I'm not crazy about the "happy-go-lucky" act either but he seems to be all business between the whistles so cut him a little slack.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 21, 2011, 12:14:14 PM

Its an attitude before its ever a reality. Or don't understand that? Too complicated a phrase for you? It means, that one has to believe he is a leader, before others will.

You can believe it and say it all you want but if your actions don't back it up then you're just talking. 

Capt Kidd

Starter
#42 : August 21, 2011, 12:19:51 PM

I can remember when Raheem talked about "The Race to 10". People had the same attitude, but like he said, you have to believe it before you can do it. I like the talk!

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 21, 2011, 12:22:53 PM

A lot of people expect McCoy to perform like Suh has since they were drafted next to each other and some analysts (ie: Kiper) even ranked McCoy higher than Suh. That's probably not very fair to McCoy. But that's something that will follow him through his whole NFL career. People will for years be comparing the stats between these two.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 21, 2011, 12:23:42 PM

These days, it takes a lot of courage to speak the truth in this town. Speak it, Shaun!

McCoy's play right now is not worth his draft position. This guy was picked #3 overall. Remember that.

How did Mario Williams, the first overall pick in 2006, do in his first season?

You remember that?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shaun King rips into Gerald McCoy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools