Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Xbox live users look out « previous next »
Page: 1

Bucman

Hall of Famer
: August 20, 2011, 11:38:34 PM

Seems that Xbox live accounts are being hacked and the person doing so buying tons of MPs..They charged well over 100 dollars to my debit card. They did refund my money, but 2 other my other friends were also hacked and had large sums of money take from them. Just a heads up you might wanna delete your info off your account. I did some researching and it seems to be happening quite a bit this month.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#1 : August 21, 2011, 12:04:56 PM

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 23, 2011, 02:37:58 AM

main reason i pay for everything with the cards instead of entering all my info.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#3 : August 28, 2011, 11:53:41 AM

I do the same thing Tat, but I have friends who enter their info all the time

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 28, 2011, 08:30:59 PM

main reason i pay for everything with the cards instead of entering all my info.

Didn't help any of the thousands who had CC#s stolen via Playstation.

The saving grace is if it is a true credit card (not a check/debit card) it is really easy to dispute a charge. On debit cards you have to catch a fraudulent charge very quick since the funds come out of your bank accnt immediately and any overdrafts caused will be your fault. You have 30 days to dispute a debit card charge, 12 months on a CC charge. Also on a CC you can dispute for faulty products, lack of delivery, damaged delivery, and a bunch of other stuff. On Debit cards you can only dispute unauthorized charges.

The game companies aren't the only ones getting breached. Micheal's Stores had a huge problem, Chili's had problems, Sage Software (Peachtree) had issues, Card fraud is the new organized crime of choice- hard to catch and no physical (i.e getting shot) risk.

My advice, check all your accounts frequently (i.e daily- not monthly)

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 28, 2011, 11:54:55 PM

I think he means you buy the game cards through a retail store like Best Buy and then put the code in online. That way neither XBOX nor PSN sees your credit card.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 29, 2011, 03:11:51 AM

yeah, pre-paid cards specifically for renewing Xbox live or MSN points. If you buy them at the store, you just enter the code on the back of the prepaid card. That way you never have to enter a credit card or any type of billing information onto your Xbox accounts.

Never enter personal info or CC/debit card info on video games online content. Buy only the prepaid Microsoft cards.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Xbox live users look out « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools