Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stocker back « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: August 21, 2011, 11:38:28 AM

Bucs TE Luke Stocker (hip) returned to practice on Sunday.
The fourth-round pick had been sidelined since July 29. As long as the Bucs don't think he's missed too much practice time, Stocker should open the season as Kellen Winslow's primary backup.

Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter Aug 21, 10:31 AM

NFLSTROUD Rick Stroud
CB Aqib Talib and CB Myron Lewis stretching but not wearing helmets
1 hour ago
: August 21, 2011, 11:44:33 AM michael89156

BayAreaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 21, 2011, 12:02:36 PM

Can't wait to see stocker on the field see what he brings.

#Mikey2Quarters

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 21, 2011, 12:06:38 PM

Good. The other tight ends have been awful so far.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 21, 2011, 12:10:30 PM

Hardy hasn't been that bad. Purvis and Overbay don't look like they have been with the team for as long as they have.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 21, 2011, 12:18:32 PM

Bucs TE Luke Stocker (hip) returned to practice on Sunday.
The fourth-round pick had been sidelined since July 29. As long as the Bucs don't think he's missed too much practice time, Stocker should open the season as Kellen Winslow's primary backup.

Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter Aug 21, 10:31 AM

NFLSTROUD Rick Stroud
CB Aqib Talib and CB Myron Lewis stretching but not wearing helmets
1 hour ago

Myron Lewis needs to get his butt on the field.  We've been hearing for weeks about how much we like our your corners (Biggers and Lewis) so we don't need a FA corner.  Yet  just like last year, Lewis has missed most of TC and the preseason. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 21, 2011, 12:25:23 PM

Good to hear.  I was wanting Stocker in the draft, and I look forward to seeing him impress!

Borat!

Starter

#6 : August 21, 2011, 12:43:09 PM

I like Hardy and think he would be a good 3rd TE for us. Overbay and Purvis cant catch anything

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

bashear

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 21, 2011, 12:45:18 PM

I wasn't impressed with Stocker at the combine, but I haven't seen him on the field. I was surprised when the Bucs spent two 4th-round picks on him. I hope he pans out.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#8 : August 21, 2011, 12:47:17 PM

Good. The other tight ends have been awful so far.

Completely agree.  As bad as our line play was against the Pats our TE's were worse. 

Hardy hasn't been that bad. Purvis and Overbay don't look like they have been with the team for as long as they have.

Purvis brings nothing to the field.  He is at best a decent blocker and not a reliable receiver (never mind he doesn't have the athleticism to get much if any seperation when defended).  Overbay has been a disaster in his first team snaps.  If Hardy has anything he needs to start seeing time over those 2 (Overbay for sure).  I'm guessing Purvis will make the final roster by default, but I can't believe we'll carry Overbay on the 53.  For what they cost, not getting a Shockey/Heap TE on the market is starting to look like a bad play.  We're going to have to lean heavily on our injured rookie, so I'm really excited to see him on the field. 

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 21, 2011, 12:52:41 PM

HolderStephen Stephen Holder
 Talib, Price, Benn, Lewis all possible vs #Dolphins; Winslow probably goes too. Stocker looking good #Bucs
1 minute ago

bashear

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 21, 2011, 12:55:27 PM

michael, I want to thank you for bringing all the various media reports to this forum. I really enjoy the fruits of your labor.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 21, 2011, 01:12:01 PM

RoyECummingsRoy Cummings
Bucs coach Raheem Morris is confident DT Brian Price will be back on the field this week; he may even get into the game a bit "he's close''

TBBuccaneersTampa Bay Buccaneers
Coach says rook TE Luke Stocker looked really good in his return to practice after missing time due to a hip injury. Was great in run game.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 21, 2011, 01:23:55 PM

I like Hardy as a receiving threat but he sometimes lapses his concentration and drops the easy ones

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#13 : August 21, 2011, 01:28:26 PM

Good to hear.  I was wanting Stocker in the draft, and I look forward to seeing him impress!

Me too!   He's a baller.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 21, 2011, 01:33:30 PM

Me too!   He's a baller.

Well if Java is a fan of the guy, that is pause for concern of the guys skills.   After all he thought Tebow was the next coming, and now he is circling the drain.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stocker back « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools