Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stocker back « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 21, 2011, 02:13:49 PM

I'd say Ryan Purvis' days as a Buccaneer are coming to a close.  He's been given every opportunity to stick around, but just couldn't stand out.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 21, 2011, 02:46:09 PM

Hardy has looked better than either Purvis or Overbay catching balls IMO...

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 21, 2011, 03:36:53 PM

Bucs TE Luke Stocker (hip) returned to practice on Sunday.
The fourth-round pick had been sidelined since July 29. As long as the Bucs don't think he's missed too much practice time, Stocker should open the season as Kellen Winslow's primary backup.

Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter Aug 21, 10:31 AM

NFLSTROUD Rick Stroud
CB Aqib Talib and CB Myron Lewis stretching but not wearing helmets
1 hour ago

Myron Lewis needs to get his butt on the field.  We've been hearing for weeks about how much we like our your corners (Biggers and Lewis) so we don't need a FA corner.  Yet  just like last year, Lewis has missed most of TC and the preseason.

they werent going to bring in a top CB wether Lewis could stay healthy or not, not sure what your point is?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

FreeView

Practice Squad

#18 : August 21, 2011, 03:43:39 PM

Good to hear.  I was wanting Stocker in the draft, and I look forward to seeing him impress!

Me too!   He's a baller.

Well if Java is a fan of the guy, that is pause for concern of the guys skills.   After all he thought Tebow was the next coming, and now he is circling the drain.

I see where you are coming from about Java's talent evaluation skills, but I'm not too concerned about who Java does or does not like.  If a guy is white, Java is usually a fan.  Just sayin'...

\\\\\\\"Stats are for losers!\\\\\\\" -Raheem Morris

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 21, 2011, 04:02:15 PM

HolderStephen Stephen Holder
 Talib, Price, Benn, Lewis all possible vs #Dolphins; Winslow probably goes too. Stocker looking good #Bucs
1 minute ago

I'll believe that when I see it.  But I sure hope its true.  We've been hearing that all of those guys should be ready for Detroit but the more time they miss the more you wonder.  Not as worried about Talib and K2.  We know what they can do but those young guys need all the reps and pt they can get. 
: August 21, 2011, 04:08:24 PM rpc1978

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 21, 2011, 04:06:28 PM

The fourth-round pick had been sidelined since July 29. As long as the Bucs don't think he's missed too much practice time, Stocker should open the season as Kellen Winslow's primary backup.

NFLSTROUD Rick Stroud
1 hour ago

Myron Lewis needs to get his butt on the field.  We've been hearing for weeks about how much we like our your corners (Biggers and Lewis) so we don't need a FA corner.  Yet  just like last year, Lewis has missed most of TC and the preseason.

they werent going to bring in a top CB wether Lewis could stay healthy or not, not sure what your point is?

quite simple.  not bringing in a vet corner could be a mistake if Lewis can't stay healthy.  I also never said top corner.  I've always lobbied for Marshall or Wright.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#21 : August 21, 2011, 04:16:11 PM

NFLSTROUD Rick Stroud
1 hour ago

quite simple.  not bringing in a vet corner could be a mistake if Lewis can't stay healthy.  I also never said top corner.  I've always lobbied for Marshall or Wright.

If we have to keep around Elbert Mack and actually give him any sort of significant playing time, we will know that this was a mistake not signing any type of vet CB for depth. And I don't want to hear anybody bring up Youboty, he was basically the Bills version of Elbert Mack. If we were going to sign somebody like Youboty as depth we might as well have signed Richard Marshall or Wright. A few plays could be the difference between what happens in a whole season, and I don't trust Mack being out there at ANY point except special teams.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 21, 2011, 04:21:47 PM

ahhh, they were supposed to predict the future or use a migic 8ball on the possibilities of injuries in the secondary and sign a 2nd teir CB once they saw the future......ah, ok.

Yeah, it was a mistake for them to not be able to see the future. Makes complete sense now.

Look, I wanted a CB too, but chastizing the FO for not bringing one in due to an injury to the #4 CB is just stupid.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Borat!

Starter

#23 : August 21, 2011, 04:48:30 PM

ahhh, they were supposed to predict the future or use a migic 8ball on the possibilities of injuries in the secondary and sign a 2nd teir CB once they saw the future......ah, ok.

Yeah, it was a mistake for them to not be able to see the future. Makes complete sense now.

Look, I wanted a CB too, but chastizing the FO for not bringing one in due to an injury to the #4 CB is just stupid.

This

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#24 : August 21, 2011, 04:49:44 PM

Our #4 corner? Myron Lewis is probably our 2nd most talented CB on our roster. They didn't need to predict anything. We only have 4 other formidable corners on our team....our best one might be suspended for the beginning of the year, one is 36 years old and another is a 7th round rookie. I think Ronde coming back kinda forced our hand into not signing one of those vet CB's for depth. I honestly think that they thought he'd end up retiring this summer and that changed some of their plans.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 21, 2011, 05:20:25 PM

You dont have predict the future or need an 8 ball to see the lack of depth at CB(and RB and MLB for that matter). Talib will most likely be suspended at some point(a lengthy suspension btw) which will bump up Biggers and Lewis.  So at some point in the very near future Lewis could be the #2 or at least the #3.  Lewis is very green and was dinged up much of last year.  That is also the case this case year thus far.  Also I'm not chastising the FO.  Its a criticism.

gillen033

Starter

#26 : August 21, 2011, 07:22:34 PM

I don't get the panic over getting a cornerback. Lost in all the negativity from the Patriots game is the fact that our cornerbacks played excellent. Go back and watch the game. Brady had to check the ball down in several instances due to our coverage. The guy was tearing us up, yet none of it was against our cornerbacks. The two touchdown passes were the fault of Morris on one and Jones on another. The biggest liability in the passing game right now appears to be Geno Hayes. He needs to step up his play big time. It would also help if we had a better safety besides Jones.

To criticize our cornerback group is just ridiculous at this point.

gillen033

Starter

#27 : August 21, 2011, 07:23:42 PM

I don't get the panic over getting a cornerback. Lost in all the negativity from the Patriots game is the fact that our cornerbacks played excellent. Go back and watch the game. Brady had to check the ball down in several instances due to our coverage. The guy was tearing us up, yet none of it was against our cornerbacks. The two touchdown passes were the fault of Morris on one and Jones on another. The biggest liability in the passing game right now appears to be Geno Hayes. He needs to step up his play big time. It would also help if we could replace Jones at safety.

To criticize our cornerback group is just ridiculous at this point.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#28 : August 21, 2011, 07:57:50 PM

I have faith in Morris to develop our QBs, Biggers is only going to get  better with time. Lewis has showed flashes, and we don't really know what he brings to the table yet. Our defense is still one big question mark.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#29 : August 21, 2011, 08:04:22 PM

Would be nice to see our guys on the field

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stocker back « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools