Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stocker back « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#30 : August 21, 2011, 08:12:53 PM

Who is Stocker?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 22, 2011, 12:17:26 AM

The team needs him and Winslow both.  Purvis is garbage.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#32 : August 22, 2011, 12:32:12 AM

Purvis and Overbay are BEYOND garbage. They probably wouldn't even be signed by NFL teams if they weren't on our roster. Hardy is a VERY good 3rd tight end for us though. If either K2 or Stocker got hurt I'd have faith in him. He's a big target with very good hands.

Piratic

Starter

#33 : August 22, 2011, 02:22:08 AM

If we have to keep around Elbert Mack and actually give him any sort of significant playing time, we will know that this was a mistake not signing any type of vet CB for depth...A few plays could be the difference between what happens in a whole season, and I don't trust Mack being out there at ANY point except special teams.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. I can easily see myself typing these words. #33 does not deserve to be on this roster of GENUINELY talented young players.

As high as I am on #56, I feel the complete opposite about #33. He's a absolute liability. Period.

Regarding #83...I'm looking forward to seeing him for the first time. If he can add a physical presence to the OL, he'll be good in my book.

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#34 : August 22, 2011, 02:24:19 AM

call me crazy but i don't think elbert mack is as bad as what everyone thinks

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#35 : August 22, 2011, 02:39:16 AM

Dude he is seriously one of the worst football players in the whole league. He looks like a little kid out there. You know how I know that everybody else thinks he's that bad? Because EVERY time I see that #33 on the field my heart drops because I know something bad is about to happen.....and you know what happens? He completely blows his coverage on most likely the other team's either 4th or 5th best receiving option. Every single time he is on the field they throw to his man. Every time. We've gotten rid of mostly all the scrubs from this team that were on it from 2009 and back but a few still remain. Mack, Overbay, Purvis, Faine and Trueblood are the last of the players that I hate to see out on the field for us.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 22, 2011, 09:06:02 AM

Dude he is seriously one of the worst football players in the whole league.

can you name some other teams #5 CB's that are much better than him? 
: August 22, 2011, 09:08:17 AM GameTime

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 22, 2011, 09:59:10 AM

What do you mean? Dont most teams have STARTING caliber guys at #4-5 depth?  ::)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 22, 2011, 10:07:14 AM

There aren't a whole lot.  The Mack hate comes down to an ignorance of every other team's roster in the NFL.  Some people around here want to make Mack out to be Tim Wansley, and he's not.

That's not to say he won't lose his job.  Tampa's secondary is very deep.  I'm happy with what I've seen from Gaitor and DJ Johnson.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 22, 2011, 10:16:19 AM

call me crazy but i don't think elbert mack is as bad as what everyone thinks
Agreed. People make excuse after excuse every time Aqib Talib gets burned, but if Mack gived up one reception they want to run him out of town.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 22, 2011, 10:20:42 AM

Mack has shown pretty well in pre-season and as people said, WTF do you want from CB#5. I've seen pre-season games where Mack is the locked in #3 CB on some teams.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#41 : August 22, 2011, 11:36:33 AM

Um...alright. If that's the excuse for it than why not cut the guy and bring in somebody else to see what they've got? We've already seen that Mack sucks, atleast if we brought in someone new to fill his role we don't know if they suck yet. I'd rather have a big, athletic project corner as our #5 corner, somebody that the rest of the corners can tutor along the way to reach his athletic potential. Not this dude that's the same size as most people on this board, if not smaller.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 22, 2011, 11:42:31 AM

Um...alright. If that's the excuse for it than why not cut the guy and bring in somebody else to see what they've got? We've already seen that Mack sucks, atleast if we brought in someone new to fill his role we don't know if they suck yet. I'd rather have a big, athletic project corner as our #5 corner, somebody that the rest of the corners can tutor along the way to reach his athletic potential. Not this dude that's the same size as most people on this board, if not smaller.

ronde is also the same size as most of the people on this board.  dont think gaitor is much different and he was the guy they brought in to try to take macks job. 

here's my question to you.  how does mack compare to the quality of other teams #5 cornerbacks?  what do you expect out of a teams last cornerback on roster?  a big athletic project would probably get beat worse than mack.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

threadkiller

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 22, 2011, 11:48:34 AM

Hardy is a VERY good 3rd tight end for us though. If either K2 or Stocker got hurt I'd have faith in him. He's a big target with very good hands.

With the skill set of our #1 TE, you would hope your #2 and #3 TEs could both block.  Hopefully over time Hardy will develop that aspect of his game, but for now having two guys who are essentially big receivers is tough on the roster.  Has Hardy shown too much to slip onto our practice squad? 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 22, 2011, 11:54:11 AM

We need Stocker and K2 in those big two TE sets. Will add another dimension to the offense that will allow some guys to be open. If the Oline protects Freeman then it should be a really good offense this year.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stocker back « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools