Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are the odds... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

: August 21, 2011, 07:56:27 PM

of Freeman sticking around, or bolting for greener pastures when his contract's up, and...  Should we be trying to negotiate a long term deal that will keep him here for the next 7 (or so) years?

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 21, 2011, 07:58:21 PM

Seriously?   Freeman is gonna be a Buc for a very long time...you can count on it

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 21, 2011, 07:58:50 PM

You really think this team would let Freeman even get to the end of his current contract? Give it 1-2 years he'll have a new deal.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Borat!

Starter

#3 : August 21, 2011, 08:43:05 PM

Stupid thread. Worst of the week imo

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 21, 2011, 09:09:35 PM

When was the last time you saw a franchise quarterback leave a team, who they wanted to retain, unless the player retired?

GameManager

Starter

#5 : August 21, 2011, 09:16:50 PM

The Tampa Tri-force!!!!!!!!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#6 : August 21, 2011, 09:55:24 PM

The threads are getting worse and worse................

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#7 : August 21, 2011, 10:07:31 PM

The threads are getting worse and worse................

I guess the fanbase must be changing.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JohnGruden

Starter

#8 : August 21, 2011, 10:32:49 PM

Smh at this stupid thread

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 21, 2011, 11:03:03 PM

You really think this team would let Freeman even get to the end of his current contract? Give it 1-2 years he'll have a new deal.

Theoretically, he should be here for years, and I'm leery about current ownership coming off their wallets to pay him what a huge, multi-year deal - especially after what Fitz just signed for as a WR.

He'll obviously require well over a 100mil type contract, with God only knows how much guaranteed, much less what the signing bonus count hits us for...

The guy is NOT going to pick up any endorsements in THIS market, and maybe he'll get nudged toward a bigger market.

My other thought is: What if the FO poops the bed and DOESN'T surround him with a cast he really believes in.

For those calling it a ridiculous thread...  The FO faces the challenge sooner than most must realize.  I DO think it will happen at the end of this season.

JohnGruden

Starter

#10 : August 21, 2011, 11:08:59 PM

Why would this franchise that has praised drafting  and keeping there own players let the  Freemans, blounts and mike williams reach free agency? Comeon guys this thread is dumb

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 21, 2011, 11:10:07 PM

Seriously?   Freeman is gonna be a Buc for a very long time...you can count on it

You want it, I want it, heck - I don't know a Buc fan who doesn't feel the same, but...  I'm just curious why everyone just assumes that Freeman actually wants to stay here.

I know he's as grounded as they come, but I just hope his level head doesn't get "statrs in his eyes"...  Tampa is NOT the town to lure big advertising dollars, unless the kid takes us to a SB victory in the next 2-3 years, in which case he's attractive to any and all suitors.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 21, 2011, 11:17:43 PM

Why would this franchise that has praised drafting  and keeping there own players let the  Freemans, blounts and mike williams reach free agency? Comeon guys this thread is dumb

If it's "dumb" - stay the hell out...  No, really.  But - I will answer your question.

Ownership of this team has never, EVER handed out the ammount of coin Freeman will command, and personally, I'm doubtful they will.  And Freeman would jump out a window if he had Mike Williams/LeGarrette Blount kinda money.  He's only slated to make 940k this year, and I'm thinking resrtucture him now and it may free up a few mil more per year for all the high-dollar FAs out there.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 21, 2011, 11:21:38 PM

Theoretically, he should be here for years, and I'm leery about current ownership coming off their wallets to pay him what a huge, multi-year deal - especially after what Fitz just signed for as a WR.

He'll obviously require well over a 100mil type contract, with God only knows how much guaranteed, much less what the signing bonus count hits us for...

The guy is NOT going to pick up any endorsements in THIS market, and maybe he'll get nudged toward a bigger market.

My other thought is: What if the FO poops the bed and DOESN'T surround him with a cast he really believes in.

For those calling it a ridiculous thread...  The FO faces the challenge sooner than most must realize.  I DO think it will happen at the end of this season.

I agree with most of that, but the Glazers aren't paying anyone until last minute.  ::)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JohnGruden

Starter

#14 : August 21, 2011, 11:27:35 PM

If it's "dumb" - stay the hell out...  No, really.  But - I will answer your question.

Ownership of this team has never, EVER handed out the ammount of coin Freeman will command, and personally, I'm doubtful they will.  And Freeman would jump out a window if he had Mike Williams/LeGarrette Blount kinda money.  He's only slated to make 940k this year, and I'm thinking resrtucture him now and it may free up a few mil more per year for all the high-dollar FAs out there.

When has this franchsise ever had a franchise quarterback/player and had the oppurtunity to sign that player?? The bucs would never let Freeman walk because of money. This whole crap about the glazers being cheap is complete bull**CENSORED**.
: August 21, 2011, 11:29:41 PM RaheemTheDream
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are the odds... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools