Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are the odds... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 22, 2011, 12:32:19 PM

You really think this team would let Freeman even get to the end of his current contract? Give it 1-2 years he'll have a new deal. 

Theoretically, he should be here for years, and I'm leery about current ownership coming off their wallets to pay him what a huge, multi-year deal - especially after what Fitz just signed for as a WR.  "Theoritically", money shouldn't be an issue.  The fact ownership has never paid a contract anywhere near what he will cost, does concern me.

He'll obviously require well over a 100mil type contract, with God only knows how much guaranteed, much less what the signing bonus count hits us for...  The amount the market will dictate IS well over 100mil, and I'm betting the "guaranteed amount" will be steep.

The guy is NOT going to pick up any endorsements in THIS market, and maybe he'll get nudged toward a bigger market.  This ain't NY, LA, or Chicago.  He'd make major additional coin in any larger market, IF that tempts him.

My other thought is: What if the FO poops the bed and DOESN'T surround him with a cast he really believes in.  IF we don't get him a decent line, and some top-tier offensive weapons...  Do you really think he'd be thrilled to stay in Tampa when there WILL be teams, possibly with better rosters AND fat wallets they're willing to open for him?

For those calling it a ridiculous thread...  The FO faces the challenge sooner than most must realize.  I DO think it will happen at the end of this season.  Give it 1-2 years?  His contract calls for paying him 6.5m & 8.4m next year and 2013, respectively.  I won't even make commentary on the 940k he's due this year.

I agree with most of that, but the Glazers aren't paying anyone until last minute.  ::)

What don't you agree with, or more pointedly - what did I miss on?

bashear

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 22, 2011, 12:38:05 PM

You're overthinking this. You might be the only one, Bucs' FO included, that thinks this is a possibility. Stop and think about that. Wait, don't think anymore.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 22, 2011, 12:39:37 PM

Why would this franchise that has praised drafting  and keeping there own players let the  Freemans, blounts and mike williams reach free agency? Comeon guys this thread is dumb

If it's "dumb" - stay the hell out...  No, really.  But - I will answer your question.

Ownership of this team has never, EVER handed out the ammount of coin Freeman will command, and personally, I'm doubtful they will.  And Freeman would jump out a window if he had Mike Williams/LeGarrette Blount kinda money.  He's only slated to make 940k this year, and I'm thinking resrtucture him now and it may free up a few mil more per year for all the high-dollar FAs out there.

When has this franchsise ever had a franchise quarterback/player and had the oppurtunity to sign that player??
Never, thus the question.  We're in uncharted waters, and I'm looking for others opinions on the matter.

The bucs would never let Freeman walk because of money.
And you know this how?  It's NOT like we have a "history" of dealing with the issue.

This whole crap about the glazers being cheap is complete bull**CENSORED**.  You can say that all you want.  This franchise DOES have a history of doing thinks on the cheap.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 22, 2011, 12:43:47 PM

The Glazers offered Hainesworth more than Washington and he got a $100 mil contract with $40mil up front. If they were going to offer that to him then they will do it for Freeman.

Supposedly we offered him more.  "Supposedly".  You, nor anyone else here ever saw the offer sheet.  We know squat about the intracacies of the AH contract offer, IF in fact "specualtion" was factual.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 22, 2011, 12:45:47 PM

Haynesworth said so himself.....why would he lie?

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 22, 2011, 12:46:51 PM

You're overthinking this. You might be the only one, Bucs' FO included, that thinks this is a possibility. Stop and think about that. Wait, don't think anymore.

Offer an opinion, or simply "change the channel" and offer your opines in another thread.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 22, 2011, 12:55:51 PM

We "supposedly" offered more.  Neither of us, or anyone outside of OPB had ever seen the offer sheet.  How much was guaranteed?  What were the specifics of the contract?

Seriously man - none of us really know, but I think you're missing the really relevant answer to your own question.  IF we did offer him more, why would he sign elsewhere, and more importantly - you bring me to the crux of MY thoughts...

What if WE offer Freeman a boat-load of cash, and he goes elsewhere for the SAME boat-load?  The kid seems very genuine.  Maybe he's in it for "maore than the money", and he wants to win chamionships too!

I know...  "Stupid thread" (see how we're always in contention for a ring.)  **eyes rolling**

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 22, 2011, 12:58:00 PM

JDouble...  You've got a decent "football head" on your shoulders.  I've read it.

I expect better out of you.  Off topic much?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 22, 2011, 12:59:54 PM

Dude seriously....dumbest thread of the month. My IQ went down just posting in here.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 22, 2011, 01:02:19 PM

Greener pastures?????

I'd like to see a pasture any greener than this tampa bay bucs roster and coaching staff?

I take it that's sarcasm, right?

Yeah, we're the hot-bed every NFLer dreams of going to.

Borat!

Starter

#40 : August 22, 2011, 01:02:58 PM

We "supposedly" offered more.  Neither of us, or anyone outside of OPB had ever seen the offer sheet.  How much was guaranteed?  What were the specifics of the contract?

Seriously man - none of us really know, but I think you're missing the really relevant answer to your own question.  IF we did offer him more, why would he sign elsewhere, and more importantly - you bring me to the crux of MY thoughts...

What if WE offer Freeman a boat-load of cash, and he goes elsewhere for the SAME boat-load?  The kid seems very genuine.  Maybe he's in it for "maore than the money", and he wants to win chamionships too!

I know...  "Stupid thread" (see how we're always in contention for a ring.)  **eyes rolling**

AH said plain as day that the Bucs offered more than Washington. How do you take that to mean we dont know? HE FREAKING SAID IT WAS TRUE. His reason for chosing Washington was because its a bigger market team and a bigger market division. Money wasnt completely what he was after. Stupid stupid STUPID thread

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 22, 2011, 01:05:22 PM

Dude........ Don't be a tool.

Contribute, or simply ignore the thread, but to come in thumping your chest like you're some bad azz makes you look **CENSORED**y.  At best.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 22, 2011, 01:09:26 PM

You are calling someone else a **CENSORED**? That's funny.

Seriously dude, just start over with a new screen name and try not to be a tool next time.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 22, 2011, 01:12:30 PM

AH said plain as day that the Bucs offered more than Washington. How do you take that to mean we dont know? HE FREAKING SAID IT WAS TRUE. His reason for chosing Washington was because its a bigger market team and a bigger market division. Money wasnt completely what he was after. Stupid stupid STUPID thread

Oh yeah...  Albert's the poster child for being forthright.  Sweet Jesus, are you numb from the neck up?

Your point is among the exact reason(s) for the thread.  I don't give three rat's balls about Albert.  Let AH go man.

Your point about "bigger market team"/"bigger market division" IS among the things that might be more appealing to Freeman.

Do yourself a favor.  Forget Albert.  Stick to the topic, or simply excuse yourself and shut up.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 22, 2011, 01:20:10 PM

You are calling someone else a **CENSORED**? That's funny.

Seriously dude, just start over with a new screen name and try not to be a tool next time.

I get a laugh out of all the e-thugs on message boards.  Tough guys, that wouldn't have the stones to say that to someone else's face, but get 'em behind their keyboard and they're tougher than a cheap steak.

Do yourself a favor (and me too!) and simply ignore my threads or posts, if you choose. YOU have to go out of your way to post in my thread.  It's kind of creepy actually.

There ARE some people on this board (and in life) who ARE absolute idiots IMO.  I choose to ignore them, not seek them out.  Get it?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are the odds... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools