Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are the odds... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

bashear

Hall of Famer

#75 : August 23, 2011, 12:23:43 PM

You're overthinking this. You might be the only one, Bucs' FO included, that thinks this is a possibility. Stop and think about that. Wait, don't think anymore.

Offer an opinion, or simply "change the channel" and offer your opines in another thread.
I'll do as I please. You expressed your opinion in this thread, and I have expressed my opinion about your opinion. That's what makes a forum worth reading.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#76 : August 23, 2011, 04:48:57 PM

I'll do as I please. You expressed your opinion in this thread, and I have expressed my opinion about your opinion. That's what makes a forum worth reading.

Well the answer is obvious...   Your opinion sucks.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#77 : August 23, 2011, 04:55:51 PM

Wait a minute, how on earth does this thread have 6 pages? Are there really more people than the OP who think there's even a chance of this happening even after the huge contract they just shelled out to an average RG?

...wow.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#78 : August 23, 2011, 05:14:07 PM

Wait a minute, how on earth does this thread have 6 pages? Are there really more people than the OP who think there's even a chance of this happening even after the huge contract they just shelled out to an average RG?

...wow.

C'mon nub, you're sharper than that...  your posts are solid, and your def no dummy.  Even the OP author doesn't see it happening (nor want it!)

I'd actually rather they accelerate the restructuring process.  If we were to bump the amounts he's due the next 3 years (and add about 7) we may be able to save a few mil in the process, and spread out the money over more years, allowing our FO to be able to "know" where we're at for years to come.  The guys only making 940K this season, 6.5m in 2012, and 8.4m in 2013; my thinking is get him resigned asap because the price goes up a roughyly a couple million per year.  IF structured correctly, Dom might be able to put a few more bucks up front to make it more appealing to Freeman, BUT save a few mil over the life of the contract, making it appealing to ownership.  The O-word portion scares me.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#79 : August 23, 2011, 11:04:22 PM

Well the answer is obvious...   Your opinion sucks.
There wasn't a question in there, but I'm getting the feeling that you disagreeing with me is a good thing.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#80 : August 24, 2011, 12:04:09 AM

Below is the "brilliance" you bring to this particular topic:

You're overthinking this. You might be the only one, Bucs' FO included, that thinks this is a possibility. Stop and think about that. Wait, don't think anymore.

Now, for whatever reason, you insisted on proving to others (or perhaps yourself) what a tough guy you are with the classless comment, which made me wonder "Why's this guy being such a total D-bag?" Like a couple others with the "Stupid thread" comments, or insults of the same nature, I can only wonder what posses some people to try to come off as such hard cases.

There wasn't a question in there, but I'm getting the feeling that you disagreeing with me is a good thing.
Actually there was a question...  It was something to the effect of "What is this guy's issue?"  First of all, you misunderstand the premise of the OP, and then you bring absolutely nothing footbal related to the table...  IF I hadn't read plenty of your posts that DO indicate you know the game pretty damned well, I'd think you're a little bit passive aggressive - but I'm pretty sure you aren't.  I think.

The options on this board are actually quite simple...  Post a thought (or reply to someone else's) OR make petty, childish, insulting remarks to someone you don't even know, somehow proving you are either smarter or some internet tough guy.  I kind of feel bad for them.

Remember...  There are no real E-thugs.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#81 : August 24, 2011, 12:12:52 AM

Below is the "brilliance" you bring to this particular topic:

Now, for whatever reason, you insisted on proving to others (or perhaps yourself) what a tough guy you are with the classless comment, which made me wonder "Why's this guy being such a total D-bag?" Like a couple others with the "Stupid thread" comments, or insults of the same nature, I can only wonder what posses some people to try to come off as such hard cases.

Actually there was a question...  It was something to the effect of "What is this guy's issue?"  First of all, you misunderstand the premise of the OP, and then you bring absolutely nothing footbal related to the table...  IF I hadn't read plenty of your posts that DO indicate you know the game pretty damned well, I'd think you're a little bit passive aggressive - but I'm pretty sure you aren't.  I think.

The options on this board are actually quite simple...  Post a thought (or reply to someone else's) OR make petty, childish, insulting remarks to someone you don't even know, somehow proving you are either smarter or some internet tough guy.  I kind of feel bad for them.

Remember...  There are no real E-thugs.
I'm really not sure why you are overreacting with the E-thugs thing. I merely stated that I have the right not to choose one of the two options you gave me. Does that make me an E-thug? LOL You tell me what to do and imply that I'm a total D-bag, and you're on your paranoid pulpit calling me an E-thug?

It's being assertive, not passive-aggressive, to let another human know that you won't be dictated to. Think about it. You're really twisting this way out of proportion.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#82 : August 24, 2011, 12:55:39 AM

I'm really not sure why you are overreacting with the E-thugs thing. I merely stated that I have the right not to choose one of the two options you gave me. Does that make me an E-thug? LOL You tell me what to do and imply that I'm a total D-bag, and you're on your paranoid pulpit calling me an E-thug?

It's being assertive, not passive-aggressive, to let another human know that you won't be dictated to. Think about it. You're really twisting this way out of proportion.
Overreacting would be to fire insults back at you, or make needlessly unwarranted wise ass comments.  Spin it however you need to, to keep your E-rep intact.  I didn't "give you two options", it's the reality of a message board sir.  You either behave with some semblance of courtesy and respect to others, or you choose not to.  Of course there are other tangents that can be taken, but I think most would agree it would be in a negative vein at the very least.

I'm not paranoid...  I was just raised to try to be respectful of others, and when someone is rude to me, without provocation, I will usually at least to try to understand what the impetus was.  In other words:  "Did I crap in yer Wheaties or something?"

bashear

Hall of Famer

#83 : August 24, 2011, 01:10:22 AM

Overreacting would be to fire insults back at you, or make needlessly unwarranted wise ass comments.  Spin it however you need to, to keep your E-rep intact.  I didn't "give you two options", it's the reality of a message board sir.  You either behave with some semblance of courtesy and respect to others, or you choose not to.  Of course there are other tangents that can be taken, but I think most would agree it would be in a negative vein at the very least.

I'm not paranoid...  I was just raised to try to be respectful of others, and when someone is rude to me, without provocation, I will usually at least to try to understand what the impetus was.  In other words:  "Did I crap in yer Wheaties or something?"
Fire insults back such as D-bag and E-thug? You're the one spinning this.

Two options that you gave me:

1. Offer an opinion.
2. simply "change the channel" and offer your opines in another thread.

...to which I replied that I'll do as I please, when you whipped out the ole' E-thug thing. I offered an opinion and some advice. Take it or leave it, but you're the one overreacting when others don't agree with your way of thinking.

The reality of the message board is that you offer your opinion, then others are able to comment on your opinion and offer their own opinion. If a person disagrees with you, you may choose to call them a D-bag, call them an E-thug, and call them rude, but when you're the one engaging in the very behavior you claim to see in other people, don't expect me to respect your opinions.

At this time, I see communicating with you is pointless. I will do as 1sparkybuc asked, and do my part in letting this thread die. You may have the last comment, sir.
: August 24, 2011, 01:15:57 AM bashear
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are the odds... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools