Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib Talib to be suspended « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #15 : August 22, 2011, 06:49:12 PM »

Adam Schefter tweet

Bucs CB Aqib Talib and Titans WR Kenny Britt are facing suspensions and will meet this week in NY with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

LOL you all are reading to much in to this.

All this article is saying is that these players do not get a pass because there was a lock out.
Nor does it say when they will be suspended.
There are a lot of extenuating circumstances surrounding Talibs case.

You don't head over to see the commish if he isn't handing down a suspension.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #16 : August 22, 2011, 06:55:07 PM »

You can't build a foundation on sand and both him and TJax are just so much sand. Doesn't matter how much talent if they can't be there when you need them. I hate these types of guys so much worse than just plain flat out bad players who try hard but just aren't any good.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #17 : August 22, 2011, 06:57:41 PM »

Glad we didn't even try for Nnamdi.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #18 : August 22, 2011, 06:58:26 PM »

Two things:

No where in that tweet does it say "Aqib Talib to be suspended"

Secondly, if this does come to fruition, shame on Dominik for taking us into week 1 with an inexperienced Biggers and an antique Ronde. This will REALLY piss me off!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #19 : August 22, 2011, 07:00:28 PM »

"Bucs CB Aqib Talib and Titans WR Kenny Britt are facing suspensions"

"One league source told Schefter the players could be in line for “lengthy” suspensions."

I guess you read one thing while I read another

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #20 : August 22, 2011, 07:01:56 PM »

Am I the only one that thinks Gaiter will grow into a way better long-term solution?

We may suffer this season, but in the long run we are probably better off.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #21 : August 22, 2011, 07:03:44 PM »

Glad we didn't even try for Nnamdi.
Unfortunately Dom only likes players Bruce Allen drafted for the Bucs, not players drafted while Allen was an employee of another team.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

« #22 : August 22, 2011, 07:04:53 PM »

myron lewis has to get back on the field he's certainly  not helping his case

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

« #23 : August 22, 2011, 07:08:27 PM »

Two things:

Secondly, if this does come to fruition, shame on Dominik for taking us into week 1 with an inexperienced Biggers and an antique Ronde. This will REALLY piss me off!!

In America you are innocent until proven guilty.. Since his trial is not until Mar 2012.. He might get no suspensions until all the facts are in..   Just hope for the best, we need him..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #24 : August 22, 2011, 07:10:30 PM »

With an oft-injured Myron Lewis, the CB position looks rather bleak at the moment. This is a shame.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #25 : August 22, 2011, 07:12:34 PM »

I'm no Talib supporter, but if he gets even a one game suspension for this, Roger Goodell is an even bigger **CENSORED**weed than I thought. How the hell do you suspend someone for something they might have done while not even employed in the NFL at the time?

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #26 : August 22, 2011, 07:14:01 PM »

He's GODell, the players laid down on the issue.

Freeman2WilliamsTD

Rookie

« #27 : August 22, 2011, 07:17:33 PM »

I'm no Talib supporter, but if he gets even a one game suspension for this, Roger Goodell is an even bigger **CENSORED**weed than I thought. How the hell do you suspend someone for something they might have done while not even employed in the NFL at the time?

It happened to Big Ben, and he was only accused and it never went to court.

But its a 2 way street.  Lets all start calling in accuasatons against Calvin Johnson.  Since he doesnt need to be guilty to be suspended, right?

I remember seeing him hit an old lady ouside a bar in Detroit last night

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #28 : August 22, 2011, 07:17:51 PM »

He hasn't spoken with the commish yet.  Just like the Vick case, commish may just want to hear his side now and if something comes out that holds that untrue, it will be even deeper water for him WHEN a suspension is issued.  You don't want to lie here ... or ELSE!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #29 : August 22, 2011, 07:19:29 PM »

Two things:

Some have been indicating Dominick had likely spoken to Goodell to find out what the outcomes might be - either Goodell wasn't sharing or Dominick wasn't in touch with him

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib Talib to be suspended « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools