Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib Talib to be suspended « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 22, 2011, 07:26:08 PM

I like to think positive........so maybe they are just going in for a azz chewing.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 22, 2011, 07:32:42 PM

Who honestly thought he wasn't going to get suspended? As long as our CB's are healthy by week 1, I don't think it will be AS bad as most think. It will probably be bad but it's not like Talib didn't get burned for TD's.

Guy Fontenot

Rookie

#32 : August 22, 2011, 07:34:35 PM

Who honestly thought he wasn't going to get suspended? As long as our CB's are healthy by week 1, I don't think it will be AS bad as most think. It will probably be bad but it's not like Talib didn't get burned for TD's.

Quiet you.  A lot of our "fans" have been excitedly waiting for an announcement that we will lose our best corner for the year so they can bash our front office.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 22, 2011, 07:40:50 PM

I like to think positive........so maybe they are just going in for a azz chewing.
Me too. Innocent until proven guilty. Hopefully he has his attorney with him when he faces Good-4-nothing.

If this was an open and shut case, Talib would have gotten a suspension last week when Goodballs handed out the 1st wave of suspensions.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#34 : August 22, 2011, 07:42:47 PM

Me too. Innocent until proven guilty. Hopefully he has his attorney with him when he faces Good-4-nothing.

If this was an open and shut case, Talib would have gotten a suspension last week when Goodballs handed out the 1st wave of suspensions.
this is my basis for being optimistic

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 22, 2011, 07:43:56 PM

You can't suspend me son!

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#36 : August 22, 2011, 07:44:26 PM

if he gets even a one game suspension for this, Roger Goodell is an even bigger **CENSORED**weed than I thought. How the hell do you suspend someone for something they might have done while not even employed in the NFL at the time?

^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
THIS RIGHT HERE.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#37 : August 22, 2011, 07:46:37 PM

if you watch this video, towards the end, the lions head coach says the reason Calvin got loose was due to the fact that we played him straight up...I'm sure Rah wont do that again.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 22, 2011, 07:48:30 PM

Agreed with bucsbum... Sounds like they're just meeting this week to discuss things. Doesn't mean he's getting suspended indefinitely. If that was the case then that's probably what it would have said... "indefinitely"

Plus, if Talib does get like a year long suspension, or 8 games, or whatever... and then ends up getting acquitted of all charges next March or word comes out that Talib didn't do anything ... well, Goodell is going to be in a world of trouble.

On top of that, I would think they would have announced the suspension weeks ago so the Bucs could plan for it. Just doesn't sound like he's going to be getting suspended here and if he does, **CENSORED**ty job (again) by the NFL for waiting so damn long to tell us.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#39 : August 22, 2011, 07:49:48 PM

There are a lot of extenuating circumstances surrounding Talibs case.

Such as?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

AKBuc

Rookie

#40 : August 22, 2011, 07:53:00 PM

So freaking retarded. There are very few people that know exactly what happened that day. Goodell and the Press are absolutely not one of them. To punish someone that has not even had their day in court, is ridiculous. If he is guilty of this crime, then suspend him. Shoot suspend him for a year. But if he gets suspended this year. Then is found not guilty, he was then suspended for no reason.

shawn731

Starter

#41 : August 22, 2011, 08:01:11 PM

Big Ben was/is an idiot and I have no sympathy for him.  The same can be said for Talib.  I just can't stand Goddell!  He has not snapped the ball or catch the football on any NFL surface but he dictates what is detrimental to the NFL.  This should be in the hands of current players, retired players, and HOF's. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 22, 2011, 08:02:32 PM

NFLSTROUD Rick Stroud
Talib's meeting with Goodell in NY will be Tuesday, per Schefter.
3 minutes ago

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

CaliforniaBuc40

Second String

#43 : August 22, 2011, 08:04:53 PM

The problem is once you do something bad, assault two people, your never gonna get the benefit of the doubt. In the NFL he has a reputation of not being a sharp guy in his actions. So it really doesn't surprise me or do i actually care if he plays or not. He and T jax are both stupid in their ways and can't seem to wanna play every sunday or else they wouldn't do the things they've done.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 22, 2011, 08:05:46 PM

So freaking retarded. There are very few people that know exactly what happened that day. Goodell and the Press are absolutely not one of them. To punish someone that has not even had their day in court, is ridiculous. If he is guilty of this crime, then suspend him. Shoot suspend him for a year. But if he gets suspended this year. Then is found not guilty, he was then suspended for no reason.
If he is guilty of this crime, Goodell will not have to suspend him.  The Texas Penal System will make Roger Dodgers job that much easier.

And then when he comes back, if he is guilty, he will face the big suspension that will be coming to him.

Regardless, if he is guilty, he is majorly screwed, and will have pizzed away his career because he never learned to stop being a gangsta dumbazz with boatloads of talent.

If he is not guilty, The Hammer will come down on him, and while Talib may appeal, he will be appealing in his baggy jeans, and huge 45" gold chains dangling around his neck like so much useless apparel.  Talib did this to himself, and he will, after thinking about the situation a bit more on my part, really has screwed the pooch by deciding to be Judge Jury Executioner in a state that routinely sends people to the chamber.  Talib is a jackwagon.

Now alluding to what Hate said earlier, I will be irritated with the Dominik if the BUcs go into the regular with an older CB whose remaining days are best left spent as a #2, a nickel, or even a Free Safety, and EJ Biggers and company, all who can fight it out for the right to guard the Andre Johnsons and MEgatrons and Julio JOnes/Roddy Whites of the world...and if you good with Bigger and Lewis guarding these guys, well...I ain't buyin' your brand.  Dom was better off landing a guy like Jonathan Joseph, or making a trade for Asante Samuel...I like what Dom has done with the Youngry Bucs for the most part, but his ineptness in free agency is absolutely shameful.  the BUcs could have used one or two FA signing to help bolster the teams depth at CB, IMO.

We'll see what happens.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib Talib to be suspended « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools