Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama leads media darling Palin 50%-33% in latest poll. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : August 25, 2011, 07:53:56 AM

He will need to repair that "crazy old guy" image if he is to win

His supporters want more media coverage - but wouldn't that hurt him in the end (nut job exposed)?

Latest Gallup has him behind Perry and Romney for Repub nomination.  Little early to be looking at how he matches up against POTUS.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/149180/Perry-Zooms-Front-Pack-2012-GOP-Nomination.aspx

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#16 : August 25, 2011, 08:17:24 AM

He will need to repair that "crazy old guy" image if he is to win

His supporters want more media coverage - but wouldn't that hurt him in the end (nut job exposed)?

Latest Gallup has him behind Perry and Romney for Repub nomination.  Little early to be looking at how he matches up against POTUS.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/149180/Perry-Zooms-Front-Pack-2012-GOP-Nomination.aspx

No, Im not too concerned about that whole "nutjob exposed" thing, considering he's now ahaid by 3 points over Bachman. But I believe that its because it became blatantly obvious the media was trying to ignore him and it backlashed on them so they've been forced to acknowledge him a little more.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 25, 2011, 09:02:25 AM

I found the Community Organizer's 50%

"In fact, a shocking 49 percent of all babies born in the U.S. are born to families receiving food supplements from the government"
http://abcnews.go.com/US/hunger-home-american-children-malnourished/story?id=14367230

Sickening.  Parasites continue to kill the host.....

6 out of the top 10 states that receive the most food assistance from the government are deeply red states, so your assumption doesn't quite add up. I'd like to see a straw poll on how many Tea Baggers receive government assistance of some kind. I think the results of such a study would be riveting.

From a political standpoint doesn't it make more sense to give out free food to those states where you need to build more support?

I'd also like to know how you define "govenment assistance"?

I'd also like to know why you are so obsessed with the idea of tea bagging? From a historical view the original Tea Party was in fact the Sons of Liberty, but that's so much harder to attach a funny demeaning name to, isn't it? 

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 25, 2011, 10:04:52 AM

I'd also like to know why you are so obsessed with the idea of tea bagging? From a historical view the original Tea Party was in fact the Sons of Liberty, but that's so much harder to attach a funny demeaning name to, isn't it?

You mean like 'teat sucker?'

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 25, 2011, 10:09:25 AM

"In fact, a shocking 49 percent of all babies born in the U.S. are born to families receiving food supplements from the government"
http://abcnews.go.com/US/hunger-home-american-children-malnourished/story?id=14367230

6 out of the top 10 states that receive the most food assistance from the government are deeply red states, so your assumption doesn't quite add up. I'd like to see a straw poll on how many Tea Baggers receive government assistance of some kind. I think the results of such a study would be riveting.

1) Mississippi
2) Oregon
3) Tennessee
4) New Mexico
5) Michigan
6) Louisiana
7) Kentucky
8) West Virginia
9) Maine
10) South Carolina
based on the last 4 presidential elections 5 are red with WV being purple but for a better indicator try looking at how each state is represented in congress:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:111th_US_Congress_House_of_Reps.png
Louisiana, South Carolina, and Kentucky are the only ones that lean Republican. 

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 25, 2011, 11:00:14 AM

You mean like 'teat sucker?'

Is there a Teat Party?

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 25, 2011, 11:11:36 AM

Quote from: kevabuc on Today at 09:02:25 AM

I'd also like to know why you are so obsessed with the idea of tea bagging?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 25, 2011, 11:54:02 AM

From a political standpoint doesn't it make more sense to give out free food to those states where you need to build more support?

Ah I see. It's all a grand conspiracy. Gotcha. It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that red states tend to be poorer states.

I'd also like to know how you define "govenment assistance"?

Any assistance from a government entitlement. Not that hard to define.

No, the original Tea Party was an event, not a political party, and there is nothing even remotely similar between the Tea Party and the Sons of Liberty. As for the use of the phrase "tea baggers", where did I first see that term used again?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 25, 2011, 12:20:46 PM

1) Mississippi
2) Oregon
3) Tennessee
4) New Mexico
5) Michigan
6) Louisiana
7) Kentucky
8) West Virginia
9) Maine
10) South Carolina
based on the last 4 presidential elections 5 are red with WV being purple but for a better indicator try looking at how each state is represented in congress:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:111th_US_Congress_House_of_Reps.png
Louisiana, South Carolina, and Kentucky are the only ones that lean Republican.

Actually a better indication is to look at the overall strength of a party in the state. That means governorship's, senators, etc. Mississippi, for example, has a majority Democratic house, but has 3 Republican delegates compared to 1 Democratic delegate, two Republican Senators and a Republican governor. Tennessee has 7 Republican delegates compared to 2 Democratic delegates, two Republican Senators and a Republican Governor. Maine also has two Republican Senators and a Republican governor.

: August 25, 2011, 12:23:18 PM CBWx2

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama leads media darling Palin 50%-33% in latest poll. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools