Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Panthers Owner Jerry Richardson Doesn't Want Cam Newton To Have Tattoos « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 24, 2011, 03:59:33 PM

"Pittsburgh Steelers: Rashard Mendenhall Says NFL 'Parallels' Slavery - now I know what he was talking about.

Richardson = Slave owner in Medenhall's eyes?

so mendenhall and AP both parallel the NFL to slavery.  great.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 24, 2011, 04:12:55 PM

Our shiny new MLB has a couple tats if i remember correctly, everyone seems to like him enough.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 24, 2011, 04:13:58 PM

First thought was how dare he. But you cant even work at amscot with visible tattoos. If a guy is going to pay you millions then hey...

You can ban tattos if you apply a policy equally to every employee. If Richardson doesnt want one player to have tats, he would need to ban it for every other player as well. You can't single someone (or a group of people) out.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#18 : August 24, 2011, 04:15:01 PM

It's a pretty condescending remark by the "owner" - there are other ways to enforce a dress code (or whatever code tatoo falls under).

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 24, 2011, 04:29:16 PM

Our shiny new MLB has a couple tats if i remember correctly, everyone seems to like him enough.

wonder what the "owner" thinks about his players having cornrows.....and dreadlocks.....

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#20 : August 24, 2011, 04:29:44 PM

i'm a young african american male,but i take no offense to this..if my employer was paying me millions  i'd have no problem with that at all.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 24, 2011, 04:30:43 PM

It's a pretty condescending remark by the "owner" - there are other ways to enforce a dress code (or whatever code tatoo falls under).

The entire issue is somehwat mundane, but what comment (by Richardson) was condescending?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 24, 2011, 04:35:46 PM

Richardson kind of reminds me of the warden in Cool Hand Luke......

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#23 : August 24, 2011, 04:36:27 PM

wonder what the "owner" thinks about his players having cornrows.....

those are dreads lol

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 24, 2011, 04:39:49 PM

those are dreads lol
[/quote]

wonder what the "owner" thinks about his players having cornrows.....and dreadlocks.....

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 24, 2011, 04:40:05 PM

wonder what the "owner" thinks about his players having cornrows.....

those are dreads lol

That's some funny stuff right there...  Thanks TCalvin.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 24, 2011, 04:41:51 PM

but does our #5?  the face of our franchise?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 24, 2011, 04:48:29 PM

Note to the Glazer Boys....please don't tell this player to get a haircut.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 24, 2011, 05:21:37 PM

i'm a young african american male,but i take no offense to this..if my employer was paying me millions  i'd have no problem with that at all.
I'm a young african american male and if the owner of the team that I played for said this to me, I would be insulted. I might even go out and get one on my neck that says **CENSORED** richardson.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 24, 2011, 05:28:10 PM

reading these post I'm beginning to wonder if any of you understand the business of the nfl? The Owners have a business, the atheletes are a business, and they come together to provide a service for consumers.

Case in point Newton. If his response to Richardson was a big "up yours" with a verbal attack to follow, Richardson would either apologize or Newton would be starting qb for the Dolphins.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Panthers Owner Jerry Richardson Doesn't Want Cam Newton To Have Tattoos « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools