Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Panthers Owner Jerry Richardson Doesn't Want Cam Newton To Have Tattoos « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 24, 2011, 05:32:03 PM

Our shiny new MLB has a couple tats if i remember correctly, everyone seems to like him enough.

but does our #5?  the face of our franchise?

I'm not really sure but I still think it's a great idea for him to grow a beard.

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#31 : August 24, 2011, 05:37:35 PM

Our shiny new MLB has a couple tats if i remember correctly, everyone seems to like him enough.

but does our #5?  the face of our franchise?

I'm not really sure but I still think it's a great idea for him to grow a beard.
as it gets late in the season..a playoff beard would be epic.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 24, 2011, 05:38:45 PM

Richardson always did have that old southern plantation owner vibe to me, so I can't say I'm even surprised by this lol

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#33 : August 24, 2011, 05:39:44 PM

Richardson always did have that old southern plantation owner vibe to me, so I can't say I'm even surprised by this lol
him and benson from new orleans lol

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 24, 2011, 05:56:14 PM

reading these post I'm beginning to wonder if any of you understand the business of the nfl? The Owners have a business, the atheletes are a business, and they come together to provide a service for consumers.
You do realize the NFL is considered "entertainment", right?  Hardly a "service industry".

Case in point Newton. If his response to Richardson was a big "up yours" with a verbal attack to follow, Richardson would either apologize or Newton would be starting qb for the Dolphins.
You do realize this occured in April, in a pre-draft evaluation meeting, right?  IF his attitude was "up yours", I highly doubt JR would have even allowed him to be on their draft board.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 24, 2011, 05:59:29 PM

I'm a young african american male and if the owner of the team that I played for said this to me, I would be insulted. I might even go out and get one on my neck that says **CENSORED** richardson.

reading these post I'm beginning to wonder if any of you understand the business of the nfl? The Owners have a business, the atheletes are a business, and they come together to provide a service for consumers.

Case in point Newton. If his response to Richardson was a big "up yours" with a verbal attack to follow, Richardson would either apologize or Newton would be starting qb for the Dolphins.

as long as you understand business, you know its easier to market will smith rather than lil wayne.  not sure a neck tattoo with a censored word would help your cause.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#36 : August 24, 2011, 06:04:33 PM

Jerry Richardson comes off as a **CENSORED** most of the time, imo

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 24, 2011, 06:21:35 PM

You do realize the NFL is considered "entertainment", right?  Hardly a "service industry".

You do realize this occured in April, in a pre-draft evaluation meeting, right?  IF his attitude was "up yours", I highly doubt JR would have even allowed him to be on their draft board.
Like I said, Newton would be a Dolphin or 49er right now if he told Richardson where to take his "preferences". And if every black player boycotted playing for the panthers, Richardson wouldnt be an owner.
Yes it's a business but this is not a policy and never will be. Any other motive is personal and that's not good business which Richardson would be out of if athletes boycotted the team, followed by fans and then sponsors.
The only reason business continues as usual is because Newton sold some integrity for how every many millions he signed for and smiled like the good house puppy he is.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 24, 2011, 06:30:38 PM

I'm a young african american male and if the owner of the team that I played for said this to me, I would be insulted. I might even go out and get one on my neck that says **CENSORED** richardson.

as long as you understand business, you know its easier to market will smith rather than lil wayne.  not sure a neck tattoo with a censored word would help your cause.
Mike Vick is one of the highest paid athletes in the nfl and this is after he did b.s. prison time. Even though Newton prob wont get a tattoo, it's the principle. I would have responded with "fine I'll keep the image clean and neat if you stop drinking.
After just two preseason games, Cam can walk away from the panthers and find a new deal with a new team with better talent around him and Richardson would be left looking like the racist fat pig he is. And on top of that, Newton files a discrimination lawsuit seeing as how he is a protected member of UNION.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 24, 2011, 06:34:27 PM

The only reason business continues as usual is because Newton sold some integrity for how every many millions he signed for and smiled like the good house puppy he is.

real nice.  [sarcasm]

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 24, 2011, 06:35:18 PM

Mike Vick is one of the highest paid athletes in the nfl and this is after he did b.s. prison time. Even though Newton prob wont get a tattoo, it's the principle. I would have responded with "fine I'll keep the image clean and neat if you stop drinking.
After just two preseason games, Cam can walk away from the panthers and find a new deal with a new team with better talent around him and Richardson would be left looking like the racist fat pig he is. And on top of that, Newton files a discrimination lawsuit seeing as how he is a protected member of UNION.

from your response, i take it you dont quite understand the business.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 24, 2011, 06:49:44 PM

Why JUST Cam Newton? The dude just handed out DeAngelo Williams a hefty contract and he is heavily tatted.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 24, 2011, 06:50:28 PM

from your response, i take it you dont quite understand the business.
I understand respect and I'm not going to play for a racist bigot. It isn't company policy so why is it revelant? Oh, b/c I'm the face of the franchise? Show me where this is NFL policy while I call my agent.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#43 : August 24, 2011, 06:58:32 PM

Why JUST Cam Newton? The dude just handed out DeAngelo Williams a hefty contract and he is heavily tatted.

just assuming here, but when the average fan thinks of the Bucs, he is gonna think of josh freeman - not blount.  same thing with the panthers.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 24, 2011, 07:04:15 PM

I understand respect and I'm not going to play for a racist bigot. It isn't company policy so why is it revelant? Oh, b/c I'm the face of the franchise? Show me where this is NFL policy while I call my agent.

once you understand the business aspect of it, i think you will understand the relevance of it.  and you are right, its not nfl policy - its good business.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Panthers Owner Jerry Richardson Doesn't Want Cam Newton To Have Tattoos « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools