Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount, 20th best RB....according to Scouts Inc. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

yungbull

Starter
: August 24, 2011, 02:44:43 PM

After Jahvid Best and Felix Jones??? 

Att 201Yds 1,007Avg 5.0Long 53TD 6Fum 4Player Analysis
Blount was originally signed by the Tennessee Titans as an undrafted free agent following the 2010 draft but was released early in his rookie season. He signed with the Buccaneers and ended up playing in 13 games with seven starts and totaled 1,007 yards on 201 carries and six touchdowns.

He is a talented ball carrier that has had to overcome off field issues at virtually every stop. He is a powerful runner with good feet in and out of the hole and a good short burst to get to the second level. He runs behind his pads and shows balance on contact and enough strength to move the pile on the goal line. He is most effective when running between the tackles and north-south. He needs a lot of work on his blocking both technique wise as well as being alert to pick up the blitz when he stays in for pass protection.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 24, 2011, 02:49:32 PM

While a lot about Blount is good, a lot is also bad. Like it says, he can't block or catch. He hasn't played an entire season and was only a rookie. We as Bucs fans give him the benefit of the doubt but we have no idea if last year was a fluke or not.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 24, 2011, 02:50:29 PM

I think Felix Jones is going to be a stud this year

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 24, 2011, 02:53:11 PM

I think Felix Jones is going to be a stud this year

I always like Barber's style of play (and by like I mean cursed his name when they played us) but Jones has always been the star and future of that team. Behind Witten, he is more important cog on that offense (along with OL of course)

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 24, 2011, 03:07:16 PM

I got Blount in the 5th round of my fantasy draft. A full year SHOULD mean more numbers than last year. 

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#5 : August 24, 2011, 03:39:37 PM

After Jahvid Best and Felix Jones??? 

Att 201Yds 1,007Avg 5.0Long 53TD 6Fum 4Player Analysis
Blount was originally signed by the Tennessee Titans as an undrafted free agent following the 2010 draft but was released early in his rookie season. He signed with the Buccaneers and ended up playing in 13 games with seven starts and totaled 1,007 yards on 201 carries and six touchdowns.

He is a talented ball carrier that has had to overcome off field issues at virtually every stop. He is a powerful runner with good feet in and out of the hole and a good short burst to get to the second level. He runs behind his pads and shows balance on contact and enough strength to move the pile on the goal line. He is most effective when running between the tackles and north-south. He needs a lot of work on his blocking both technique wise as well as being alert to pick up the blitz when he stays in for pass protection.
hell yeah He's after felix jones don't let your buc pride get in the way felix is a home run hitter look at his career avg. (5.4) RIDICULOUS

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 24, 2011, 03:45:08 PM

I've got no problem with him being behind Jones, especially for fantasy reasons, however being behind Best is ridiculous with the concussion issues that kid has behind that line.

NYC Bucs Fan

Starter

#7 : August 24, 2011, 04:05:02 PM

hell yeah He's after felix jones don't let your buc pride get in the way felix is a home run hitter look at his career avg. (5.4) RIDICULOUS

He had a 4.3 YPC avg last year & has had injury problems in the past.  He is also too small for short yardage situations....that's the reason they drafted DeMarco Murray.  Blount has his shortcomings, but Jones is definitely not the amazing back some people are making him out to be.  Put it this way, both backs have something to prove this year.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 24, 2011, 04:23:47 PM

Blount = top 5 RB

It's not the kool aid or the amazing highlight reel he put together in his rookie year, it's not that he did it behind a below average line, it's not even that he only started 7 games and still got 1000+ yards. It's the stats. The numbers prove it. You look at the numbers and he was top 5 last year. YPC is by far the most important stat for a RB and among all RBs with at least 200 carries last year, Blount was 4th with 5.0. The three in front of him were Jamaal Charles, Darren McFadden, and LeSean McCoy. You look at PFF's elusive rating that uses broken tackles, yards after first hit, and mistackles forced to formulate a rating system that shows who which RBs were the best and worst at being elusive....Blount was #1 in the league.

Now with a year under his belt he knows the system, can pass block better, and has been working on his pass catching all offseason....scouts.inc can kiss my ass. Until, he proves otherwise, Blount is right up there with Peterson, Johnson, Charles, and Foster in the top 5 RBs.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 24, 2011, 04:24:14 PM

Yeah, I'd singled out Jones in my post on the same topic in another thread, but that wasn't to imply that Jones is a dud.  I'd waffled on taking out the reference to him at all.  (Since Best really is the clearer WTF?)  But what Blount did last season was pretty silly too, and Jones definitely has his flaws as well. 

There's plenty of other questionable calls on the list anyways.  I mean, how do you put Maroney ahead of Green-Ellis?

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 24, 2011, 04:33:39 PM

Scouts Inc. didn't do their research.  When a point of emphasis is Blount's "strength to move the pile on the goal line," then they forfeit credibility.  He has the strength, no doubt, but goal line running was probably his weakest area last season.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 24, 2011, 04:38:37 PM

Scouts Inc. didn't do their research.  When a point of emphasis is Blount's "strength to move the pile on the goal line," then they forfeit credibility.  He has the strength, no doubt, but goal line running was probably his weakest area last season.

Hes got the ability to do the goal line running. Just think he did a little more finesse in those areas than just using his power. Go Mike Allstott on those plays and I know hed have those first downs and that TD vs ATL last year.

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#12 : August 24, 2011, 04:40:09 PM

Blount = top 5 RB

It's not the kool aid or the amazing highlight reel he put together in his rookie year, it's not that he did it behind a below average line, it's not even that he only started 7 games and still got 1000+ yards. It's the stats. The numbers prove it. You look at the numbers and he was top 5 last year. YPC is by far the most important stat for a RB and among all RBs with at least 200 carries last year, Blount was 4th with 5.0. The three in front of him were Jamaal Charles, Darren McFadden, and LeSean McCoy. You look at PFF's elusive rating that uses broken tackles, yards after first hit, and mistackles forced to formulate a rating system that shows who which RBs were the best and worst at being elusive....Blount was #1 in the league.

Now with a year under his belt he knows the system, can pass block better, and has been working on his pass catching all offseason....scouts.inc can kiss my ass. Until, he proves otherwise, Blount is right up there with Peterson, Johnson, Charles, and Foster in the top 5 RBs.
whoaaaa top 5? already? i'm not sure about that ..yet.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 24, 2011, 04:50:00 PM

Blount = top 5 RB

Is this list only for 2010 or recent career? If it's only for 2010, I might agree with you. But if we're taking the last few years into account, you've got to consider players like DeAngelo Williams was didn't do anything in 2010 but was awesome in 2008. Lots of RB's had peak seasons better than Blount's so far.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#14 : August 24, 2011, 04:51:25 PM

Blount is a great back but i'm not ready to put him in the top class of backs yet UNTIL he proves he can be a dual threat,until then no.

1.Ap
2.Chris Johnson
3.stephen jackson
4.jamaal charles
5.deangelo Williams
6.michael turner
7.frank gore
8.ray rice
9.peyton hillis
10.MJD

thats 1O runningbacks right there..i don't see where u got top 5 back from, I'D say blount is in the class after that with the matt forte's and the lesean mccoys arian fosters jonathan stewarts and reshard mendenhalls of the world
: August 24, 2011, 04:56:53 PM AKA T.Calvin
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount, 20th best RB....according to Scouts Inc. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools