Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount, 20th best RB....according to Scouts Inc. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 24, 2011, 04:56:38 PM

Scouts Inc. didn't do their research.  When a point of emphasis is Blount's "strength to move the pile on the goal line," then they forfeit credibility.  He has the strength, no doubt, but goal line running was probably his weakest area last season.

I see this CONSTANTLY. All these idiot talking heads that just talk out their ass without research, automatically think because of his size he is a Jerome Bettis/Mike Alstott type grinder. It shows they have no clue and should just quit writing. Blount uses his stiff arm, and he has just enough wiggle to combine with his strength to be very elusive. He almost never hits a defender head on. If he finds himself in that situation where he can't juke a defender, he will leap over him. Rarely lowers his head. When he does lower his head and put the hammer on a defender it is ridiculous....but he just doesn't do it often. Didn't last year and didn't in college.

As far as you cats that don't think he is top 5.....wait and see. Statistically speaking he was already #4 last year. By the post season this year there will be no doubt in anyone's mind. Friggin Beast MODE!

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/outside01/Bucs/?action=view&current=LB2010Highlights.mp4
: August 24, 2011, 05:01:09 PM JDouble

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 24, 2011, 05:15:49 PM

Blount is a great back but i'm not ready to put him in the top class of backs yet UNTIL he proves he can be a dual threat,until then no.

1.Ap
2.Chris Johnson
3.stephen jackson
4.jamaal charles
5.deangelo Williams
6.michael turner
7.frank gore
8.ray rice
9.peyton hillis
10.MJD

thats 1O runningbacks right there..i don't see where u got top 5 back from, I'D say blount is in the class after that with the matt forte's and the lesean mccoys arian fosters jonathan stewarts and reshard mendenhalls of the world

If he would have had a full season he would have been top 5 easily.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 24, 2011, 05:16:40 PM

Blount is a great back but i'm not ready to put him in the top class of backs yet UNTIL he proves he can be a dual threat,until then no.

1.Ap
2.Chris Johnson
3.stephen jackson
4.jamaal charles
5.deangelo Williams
6.michael turner
7.frank gore
8.ray rice
9.peyton hillis
10.MJD

thats 1O runningbacks right there..i don't see where u got top 5 back from, I'D say blount is in the class after that with the matt forte's and the lesean mccoys arian fosters jonathan stewarts and reshard mendenhalls of the world

If he had a full season, he would also have more wear and tear and teams would have a lot more film of him.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 24, 2011, 05:23:02 PM

Top 10 backs are all-around everydown guys. Blount isn't top 10, YET as far as overall. As a pure runner he is definitely a top 10 runner. He has ways to go regarding pass protection and receiving abilities

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#19 : August 24, 2011, 05:23:50 PM

1.Ap
2.Chris Johnson
3.stephen jackson
4.jamaal charles
5.deangelo Williams
6.michael turner
7.frank gore
8.ray rice
9.peyton hillis
10.MJD

How?from one good year? with that logic Arian foster is currently the best runningback in the league.I do believe if blount started all 16 he would have the "Rushing Title" yes i agree with that,but those 10 guys i listed have a STRONG body of work and can hurt you in numerous ways,blount aint there yet and i'm fine with that,you should too

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 24, 2011, 05:59:21 PM

Getting "film" on RB is a really silly concept and I read people talking about it all the time on this board.

How much film is there on Adrian Peterson and Jamal Charles? Chris Johnson?

What does the film reveal?  They run upfield through the hole and accelerate? Good find Detective.

A RB is either talented or he is not. You can have 45+ games of Adrian Peterson's on film it doesn't mean you're going to stop him

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#21 : August 24, 2011, 06:57:17 PM

Getting "film" on RB is a really silly concept and I read people talking about it all the time on this board.

How much film is there on Adrian Peterson and Jamal Charles? Chris Johnson?

What does the film reveal?  They run upfield through the hole and accelerate? Good find Detective.

A RB is either talented or he is not. You can have 45+ games of Adrian Peterson's on film it doesn't mean you're going to stop him
Not exactly EVERY defense that plays the vikings will train their defense to gang tackle and go for the strip on AP because of his tendency to put the ball on the ground and you learn that  from watching film,Every defense that plays the titans to will train their defense to stay at home on the backside because chris johnson has a tendency to cut it back against the grain,every defense that plays philly will alert their linebackers and d-lineman to be aware of lesean mccoy's great pass catching and their tendency to run screens out of different sets ..etc etc etc.. film study is extremely important although it is hard to stop a talented runner watching filmcan really limit damage.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 24, 2011, 07:09:45 PM

I don't know that I'd put him top 10 yet because it was only one season and he has a lot to work on to become an all-around RB(remember it's ranking RBs, not runners...thus blocking and pass catching are factors). But below Jahvid Best? There isn't ANY argument you can make for that based on what we know. None. Both had one season, and Blount set an NFL record while Best suffered from turf toe most of the year. What a moronic ranking.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 24, 2011, 07:13:57 PM

I don't know that I'd put him top 10 yet because it was only one season and he has a lot to work on to become an all-around RB(remember it's ranking RBs, not runners...thus blocking and pass catching are factors). But below Jahvid Best? There isn't ANY argument you can make for that based on what we know. None. Both had one season, and Blount set an NFL record while Best suffered from turf toe most of the year. What a moronic ranking.

An NFL record?  Which one?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#24 : August 24, 2011, 07:27:18 PM

Until, he proves otherwise, Blount is right up there with Peterson, Johnson, Charles, and Foster in the top 5 RBs.

Pretty sure it works the other way around.

Now with a year under his belt he knows the system, can pass block better, and has been working on his pass catching all offseason...

His improvement is pure speculation on your part. Players aren't rated on Miss Cleo predictions, but on what they've actually done.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#25 : August 24, 2011, 07:52:39 PM

An NFL record?  Which one?
thats News to me lol

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 24, 2011, 08:24:53 PM

Of all the starting RB's in the NFL he is the least likely to break away for a long TD. Speed and shiftiness are more highly regarded. Not Blount's game, although he can break loose as he demonstrated last season.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 24, 2011, 09:08:20 PM

His improvement is pure speculation on your part. Players aren't rated on Miss Cleo predictions, but on what they've actually done.

...and Blount was a top 5 RB last year. That is what he has done. Judge him on it.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 24, 2011, 09:08:37 PM

Of all the starting RB's in the NFL he is the least likely to break away for a long TD. Speed and shiftiness are more highly regarded. Not Blount's game, although he can break loose as he demonstrated last season.

The guy has a 53-yard run, a 48-yard run, and a 39-yard touchdown in 14 games, and you think he's the least likely to score a touchdown from downtown?  Scoring on long runs is less about your running back's speed (unless he's TJ Duckett slow), and more about how well your receivers block.  If they take the fastest men on the field out of the equation with solid blocking, then there's not a linebacker in the NFL who's going to catch LeGarrette from five yards behind him.

And seriously now... less likely than Cedric Benson?  Peyton Hillis?  Knowshon Moreno?  BenJarvus Green-Ellis?  There are a lot of guys that are more explosive, but to automatically put Blount in the 32nd slot is a bit of a rush to judgment, I think.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 24, 2011, 09:12:57 PM

He was ranked 6th in the league of 20+ yard runs with 10, and 4th in the league in 40+ yard runs with 3. He was also pulling away from 3 DBs including Cromartie after hurdling the guy in Arizona. The only reason they caught him was because a diving defender was able to slap his ankle and get him off balance. I've said it a million times and don't mean to sound like a broken record, but people just don't seem to realize that while his acceleration isn't great, he is very fast once he gets up to a full gallop.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount, 20th best RB....according to Scouts Inc. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools