Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount, 20th best RB....according to Scouts Inc. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 24, 2011, 09:36:54 PM

Of all the starting RB's in the NFL he is the least likely to break away for a long TD. Speed and shiftiness are more highly regarded. Not Blount's game, although he can break loose as he demonstrated last season.

He was ranked 6th in the league of 20+ yard runs with 10, and 4th in the league in 40+ yard runs with 3. He was also pulling away from 3 DBs including Cromartie after hurdling the guy in Arizona. The only reason they caught him was because a diving defender was able to slap his ankle and get him off balance. I've said it a million times and don't mean to sound like a broken record, but people just don't seem to realize that while his acceleration isn't great, he is very fast once he gets up to a full gallop.

His size creates misconceptions about his ability.  Really, what we have here, is a 250lb scatback.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 24, 2011, 10:28:02 PM

I don't know that I'd put him top 10 yet because it was only one season and he has a lot to work on to become an all-around RB(remember it's ranking RBs, not runners...thus blocking and pass catching are factors). But below Jahvid Best? There isn't ANY argument you can make for that based on what we know. None. Both had one season, and Blount set an NFL record while Best suffered from turf toe most of the year. What a moronic ranking.

An NFL record?  Which one?
thats News to me lol

Undrafted rookie to rush for 1,000 yards, but I was mistaken. He was the second to do it.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 24, 2011, 10:28:56 PM

The crazy thing is he is actually more like 6'2" than 6ft even as listed. I compared him to every guy at camp and am convinced of it. When standing next to Bradford, who is suppose to be 5'11" or 6' even...Blount was noticeably taller. Yet when he was standing between Redrick Taylor (6'2") and Erik Lorid (6'4") Blount looked to be the same height. I also have a pick with Blount and Faine standing face to face talking and they look identical in height.

The only reason I bring it up is because it makes what he does THAT much more amazing. A man that is 6'2" 250lbs should not be able to do the things Blount does. The only RB comparable in size is Brandon Jacobs, and I've never seen Jacobs do anything like Blount does. I think the amount of agility and strength needed to move around that frame the way he does rivals that of Adrian Peterson. Not saying he can move like AP, but his agility is very underrated. Especially by national media that doesn't really pay attention.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 24, 2011, 10:38:25 PM

One example of what makes Legarrette special that many people just don't get yet......watch this video at the 1:50 mark. That isn't luck. In less than a second he sees the defender, decides exactly what he's going to do, and switches the ball to his right hand so he can extend for the TD. THAT is beast mode.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 24, 2011, 10:55:08 PM

His improvement is pure speculation on your part. Players aren't rated on Miss Cleo predictions, but on what they've actually done.

That depends on who's doing the rating, I suppose.  See: Jahvid Best on the list in question.

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#35 : August 24, 2011, 11:14:31 PM

Basically legarette is a bigger, stronger,but slower Adrian Peterson,but i'm not ready to put him in the top 5 just yet,which is actually pretty scary

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 25, 2011, 12:37:18 AM

I'm curious how much he weighs right now. When I saw him at camp he was looking completely different. Last year he was kinda heavy lookin, but now he is all cut up and looks solid as ph*k. Raheem started to say something along the lines of "you wouldn't believe how much he ways now" in his presser, but stopped himself short of actually saying his weight. I'm just curious cause I think he might end up being more explosive this year with a leaner, quicker build.....but Raheem could have been hinting he weighs even more now.

Tommy

Starter

#37 : August 25, 2011, 07:58:34 AM

His size creates misconceptions about his ability.  Really, what we have here, is a 250lb scatback.
Agreed 100%, if he could just get better at his power game (mainly on the goal line). I think the pass pro and catching will come along w/ time. But his running style is definitely finesse.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 25, 2011, 09:27:23 AM

The guy who wrote the article was a scout for the Cleveland Browns. /thread
This probably explains why the Browns suck so bad, having guys like him scouting players for you isn't a good thing.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 25, 2011, 06:20:10 PM

]According to Blount himself via twitter.....

JDouble78 Jason Jesse
@L_Blount27 Whatchu weigh now dude? You look a lot leaner and cut up than last year...and are u really 6ft even? or you taller? #bucnation

LeGarrette Blount
@L_Blount27 LeGarrette Blount
@JDouble78 - bruh..taller than 6 ft! I am 6'3'' 245...

I knew it!  ;D

BEASTMODE!!!

: August 25, 2011, 06:24:39 PM JDouble

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#40 : August 25, 2011, 06:39:43 PM

]According to Blount himself via twitter.....

JDouble78 Jason Jesse
@L_Blount27 Whatchu weigh now dude? You look a lot leaner and cut up than last year...and are u really 6ft even? or you taller? #bucnation

LeGarrette Blount
@L_Blount27 LeGarrette Blount
@JDouble78 - bruh..taller than 6 ft! I am 6'3'' 245...

I knew it!  ;D

BEASTMODE!!!

BEAST!!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount, 20th best RB....according to Scouts Inc. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools