Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steve White to Old School: Start Okam. He's The Best NT We've Got « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

freddy

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 25, 2011, 02:38:08 PM

We have a little over two weeks still until opening day, how about we wait a little closer that day to decide. Lots of practice and two more games left, way to early to be declaring a starter at this position.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 25, 2011, 02:46:40 PM

We have a little over two weeks still until opening day, how about we wait a little closer that day to decide. Lots of practice and two more games left, way to early to be declaring a starter at this position.

Would like to see what Okam can do right now against the first team Miami D. Same for Price.

And as far as whether or not the coaches play the best players? How many of us wanted Zuttah to remain (despite his bad snaps) at C when Faine came back from his injury last year? IMO, Zuttah was the better player but the coaches didn't want to offend Faine so he was put right back in as the starter.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 25, 2011, 02:50:18 PM

Would like to see what Okam can do right now against the first team Miami D. Same for Price.

And as far as whether or not the coaches play the best players? How many of us wanted Zuttah to remain (despite his bad snaps) at C when Faine came back from his injury last year? IMO, Zuttah was the better player but the coaches didn't want to offend Faine so he was put right back in as the starter.
They're still doing that.
As far as Okam goes, I like it I don't think they'll start him but, he's probably going to be the 3rd guy at that DT position mostly coming into replace the likes of Miller/Price cause for the most part McCoy is 3 downs. I really want Price healthy so we can see what he can do next to Gerald. on our line.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

freddy

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 25, 2011, 02:51:37 PM

... but the coaches didn't want to offend Faine

You really think a starting position in the NFL was determined on the sole reason of not wanting to hurt someone feelings? Wow.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 25, 2011, 03:08:59 PM

You really think a starting position in the NFL was determined on the sole reason of not wanting to hurt someone feelings? Wow.

Politics more likely. But I was just speculating.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 25, 2011, 03:22:19 PM

The battle and most of the rotation will go at the NT. McCoy is going to be one bad mamma jamma this year.

His game against the Pats and one of the best guards in the game was impressive. He came along slower than Suh but will be just as disruptive by the end of the year.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 25, 2011, 03:55:42 PM

Couldn't agree more. He's been VERY dominant in both preseason games so far. If Price gets healthy and proves he's better, than by all means start Price. Until then, Okam should be in there. He's definitely better than Miller at this point.

freddy

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 25, 2011, 03:56:48 PM

What politics? Are Morris and Faine both Democrats and Zuttah a Republican?

I understand the speculation, but as long as you realize that your speculation could also be completely wrong and Faine got the job back because the O-Line coach, the OC and HC all think he is better than Zuttah.

Either way it's cool I guess, I think I know what you are trying to say.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 25, 2011, 04:03:12 PM

Everybody knows that Okam is a Libertarian and a Ron Paul supporter. Thus, he has to give way to Miller/Price.

???

Politics as in a cheaper FA vs. the draft picks.

I understand the speculation, but as long as you realize that your speculation could also be completely wrong and Faine got the job back because the O-Line coach, the OC and HC all think he is better than Zuttah.

Wrong? Me? Never!

Of course I could be wrong.

I'm happy with the team, the coaches and GM.

I think I like it fine. So far...

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 25, 2011, 04:17:13 PM

Well if Okam is a Ron Paul guy, that's yet another reason to start him ;)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 25, 2011, 04:24:06 PM

Another example is Kyle Moore playing over, well, anybody last season.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 25, 2011, 05:42:42 PM

Morris feels Okam is a better fit at UT than NT, and we already have a clear starter there

freddy

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 25, 2011, 05:43:58 PM

Everybody knows that Okam is a Libertarian and a Ron Paul supporter. Thus, he has to give way to Miller/Price.

???

Politics as in a cheaper FA vs. the draft picks.

Wrong? Me? Never!

Of course I could be wrong.

I'm happy with the team, the coaches and GM.

I think I like it fine. So far...

Point Joe, good one

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 25, 2011, 06:02:34 PM

I think there could definitely be something to that. We know Rah and Dom are really into having 'good guys' and Faine, for all his limitations on the field, is supposedly a leader, and Zuttah, even if he is better in the games, doesn't take practice as seriously as the Bucs would like.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#29 : August 25, 2011, 07:07:07 PM

I agree that Okam is the best of the bunch.   Poor drafting at that position.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steve White to Old School: Start Okam. He's The Best NT We've Got « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools