Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steve White to Old School: Start Okam. He's The Best NT We've Got « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 25, 2011, 10:59:00 PM

I agree that Okam is the best of the bunch.   Poor drafting at that position.

Doesnt matter as long as we have a solution. Poor drafting with no back up plan is a bad job. Price was hurt and Miller got hurt. Dont see how thats bad drafting more like bad luck.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 27, 2011, 02:40:27 PM

Plus they all bring something a little different.  Personally, I'm going to defer to Coach Millard to work that out for the betterment of that rotation.

Deferring to the coaches is fine. This is a message board and we can criticize coaches and give opinions that differ from the coaches. Nothing new there.

Start Okam. I don't care who has the larger contract. They're bringing Bowers off the bench and they can do the same with Miller and Price. Unless one of those two is
better than Okam.

LOL, Great you go ahead and criticize...on the message board...too funny...

I like what I'm hearing about Millard.  Remember him as a player and if he can get these guys to play with his fire and emotion they will be fine with whatever rotation they use.  Again, it doesn't matter who is on the field for the first snap, it's what they do with the snaps they get...
: August 27, 2011, 02:43:29 PM cheveliar

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#32 : August 27, 2011, 03:17:03 PM

do we really think that the coaches arent playing the best players?
Some of us seem to be convinced that he's unlikely to play the best players

BayAreaBuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 27, 2011, 03:43:38 PM

I think Okam is better than miller no doubt, But im not sure if Okam is better than a healthy price at NT, will we ever see a 100% healthy price who knows, so Okam seems the way to go and rotate miller/price in when Okam is needs a breather

#Mikey2Quarters

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 27, 2011, 05:00:53 PM

LOL, Great you go ahead and criticize...on the message board...too funny...

LMAO! You're telling us you never criticize on these boards? Yeah, OK.

Too funny is right.

If you don't want to read about people disagreeing with the coaches or front office every now and then, I suggest you avoid these boards.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 27, 2011, 10:11:13 PM

Need more evidence? Okam is a beast.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#36 : August 27, 2011, 10:12:49 PM

Okam is the only decent interior lineman they have.     Whoever is in charge of the draft should be fired. 

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#37 : August 27, 2011, 10:34:11 PM

I agree that Okam is the best of the bunch.   Poor drafting at that position.

Agreed. We should have taken Babineaux instead of Ruud but what are you going to do? I'm glad we're currently drafting a lot better than we were in 2005.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 27, 2011, 10:46:39 PM

The drafting "at that position" was Miller 3rd round, Price 2nd round, McCoy 1st round.    Okam is better than all of them.    Talk about pissing draft picks away.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 27, 2011, 11:03:50 PM

The drafting "at that position" was Miller 3rd round, Price 2nd round, McCoy 1st round.    Okam is better than all of them.    Talk about pissing draft picks away.

Remember "slip n slide" Jackson? ...Your boy Gruden's pick.

Now THAT was pissing away a pick.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 27, 2011, 11:07:04 PM

Don't feed the troll.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 27, 2011, 11:08:30 PM

I don't remember any Defensive Tackles Gruden picked named Jackson.   Considering the topic of this conversation is defensive tackles, discussing other players from the past at other positions is a moot point.

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#42 : August 27, 2011, 11:11:32 PM

I don't remember any Defensive Tackles Gruden picked named Jackson.   Considering the topic of this conversation is defensive tackles, discussing other players from the past at other positions is a moot point.
i remember dre moore haha

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#43 : August 27, 2011, 11:13:48 PM

Sure, after we'd already screwed up that would have been a band aid. We gave up on a starter for the division champs to get a guy who was barely worth a one year deal on his new team. Had we gotten Babineaux  we wouldn't have had to draft Price or Miller at all. We could have used those picks on other needs which would have been far better than pissing them away to correct the mistake we made in 2005. In fact, had we done that we probably would have made the playoffs last season.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 27, 2011, 11:15:04 PM

Dre Moore?   4th round pick isn't exactly a big deal.   When you are wasting 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks though and a free agent comes in and is the starter, you are doing something wrong in the draft.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steve White to Old School: Start Okam. He's The Best NT We've Got « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools