Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: They got us again.......Another Bucs defender fined for hit on Patriots star** « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: August 25, 2011, 06:11:16 PM

Another Bucs defender fined for hit on Patriots star

Bucs rookie free agent safety Devin Holland joins rookie linebacker Mason Foster in being hit with a league fine even before receiving his first NFL paycheck.

On the same day Foster said he was fined $20,000 for illegally hitting New England receiver Chad Ochocinco, Holland was informed of his own $10,000 fine for a shot later in the game delivered on running back Danny Woodhead, according to Holland's agent, Ben Gibson.

In its assessment of the play, the NFL determined Holland used his helmet to strike Woodhead. After the play, the wobbly Woodhead rose to his feet but nearly stumbled before teammates rushed to his aid. The hit occured when Woodhead -- a key cog for the Patriots' offense -- was in the game covering a punt with minutes left in an exhibition game, to the surprise of everyone not named Bill Belichick.

Gibson said Holland also was fined $5,000 for a hit in the Bucs' preseason opener at Kansas City, during which he was flagged for illegally hitting a Chiefs punt returner.

"I guess he's made quite the name for himself down there in Tampa," Gibson joked.

Holland is an undrafted rookie from McNeese State.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/another-bucs-defender-fine-hit-patriots-star#comments

------------------------------------------------------
**Sorry if this has already been posted

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 25, 2011, 06:40:27 PM

S...O.....A....B! (Abbreviated)

So THAT'S now you slow a growing team down.. Fine the crap out of hungry, young players who don't make a ton to begin with for doing what they did in college..

....NO NFL! YOU should be fined!  >:(

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 25, 2011, 06:42:16 PM

Woodhead is not a star and Holland's fine should have been more than Foster's. That was an illegal hit.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 25, 2011, 06:55:15 PM

I think Woodhead should be fined. when Woodhead was running he was leaning forward. There for he was running head first leading with his head and being that he is so short imposable to block with out getting the blockers head bashed in with Woodhead helmet. Also Woodhead was not defencless and Woodheads helemet collided with the blockers.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 25, 2011, 06:58:08 PM

I think Woodhead should be fined. when Woodhead was running he was leaning forward. There for he was running head first leading with his head and being that he is so short imposable to block with out getting the blockers head bashed in with Woodhead helmet. Also Woodhead was not defencless and Woodheads helemet collided with the blockers.

Well, that pretty much points out to everyone how much your opinion means.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 25, 2011, 07:16:58 PM

Gotta love the NFL. Hitting guys with a fine that aren't even getting paid yet. Unless I'm wrong players don't start getting a game check until the regular season begins.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : August 25, 2011, 07:19:58 PM

Gotta love the NFL. Hitting guys with a fine that aren't even getting paid yet. Unless I'm wrong players don't start getting a game check until the regular season begins.

fines arent due until players make rosters and start receiving gamechecks as far as i know.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 25, 2011, 07:55:33 PM

Woodhead is not a star

5 carries for 63 yds....he sure did look like a star against our sorry (unprepared) team last weekend.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 25, 2011, 08:05:09 PM

So THAT'S now you slow a growing team down.. Fine the crap out of hungry, young players who don't make a ton to begin with for doing what they did in college..

A glowing team? Give me a break. The Bucs got destroyed. Even with the illegal hits the Pats moved the ball with ease.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 25, 2011, 08:10:36 PM

^ ^ ^ surely you're not that dumb.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 25, 2011, 08:32:44 PM

Woodhead is not a star

5 carries for 63 yds....he sure did look like a star against our sorry (unprepared) team last weekend.

This is how much of a star he is in NE...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 25, 2011, 08:34:54 PM

You know, after watching that video again, he did pretty well selling his stuff. Maybe he's becoming a star. I know my Jets' fans' friends are not happy.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 25, 2011, 11:28:19 PM

This one actually WAS illegal and the results were also much worse, so seeing the fine be half as large as Foster's is pretty humorous. I'm really starting to think they just pull random fine amounts out of a hat.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 26, 2011, 02:45:42 AM

A glowing team? Give me a break. The Bucs got destroyed. Even with the illegal hits the Pats moved the ball with ease.

Man, you misread the crap out of that. Nowhere in that post did I say anything about excuses for losing or how good they are, or if those calls weren't made, they'd win..

I admit, they got toasted, so what really (It's preseason)? I was referring to the fact that to top brass seem to think TB should be punished for whatever their reasons be.

Besides that, where is a first warning? Why in the world go after a guy in his first season right off the bat like that? 20,000 is way too much of a punishment when the "victim" wasn't even hurt and it wasn't really visible (yeah, I said it) if he hit head-to-head or not, or if it was just the way Ocho twisted up before impact. Foster just stated the other day that it was a "learning experience." Well, as a Bucs fan, do you want to see him lose that drive to smack opponents down like flies?? I sure don't. I want to see that again!

Imo, it's a clear message as to HOW the NFL wants Tampa to play. Lay down and take it.... or we just fine your players. What's next, fine coaches for winning? (notice, I didn't say cheating).

Now they say the fine will be lowered. Seems awefully funny/fishy the NFL keeps handing out "I'm sorry" notes to the Bucs.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 26, 2011, 07:18:39 AM

Woodhead is not a star

This is how much of a star he is in NE...

he's about as popular up here as Cody Grimm is down there.  Maybe more.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: They got us again.......Another Bucs defender fined for hit on Patriots star** « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools