Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jimmy Johnson was not a Raheem fan at first, but he is a believer now. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

buchead

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 26, 2011, 04:44:02 PM

I thought of every reason why the bucs would be better. Never really factored in coach Rah getting better too. Maybe he will take his coaching game to the next level as well (along with the progression of several players)

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 26, 2011, 04:56:52 PM

I always felt Raheem was the perfect fit for this team. His initial coaching staff was a last minute thrown together screw up, but he wasted no time correcting the situation. Also, I didn't like trading McCown and the starting QB in '09. It was sad to see Mister Derrick Brooks depart, but after so many years over-the-hill FAs, I was happy to see the youth movement as a plan. Gruden had become more like a warden in a prison. Nobody trusted him, at least IMO, and nobody could relate to him. I believe Raheem has been with the Bucs since 2002, but not in a coaching capacity in the beginning. That made him the best candidate for the job since he already knew every player on the team. More importantly, the players knew him. This was a guy who they could relate to and trust. This team has never quit, even in '09 when they were long out of it, they kept fighting. Raheem inspires confidence in everyone around him. I expected better than 3-13, but it was encouraging to me that he did not hesitate to admit and correct any mistakes he made. Raheem is Just exactly what this team needed. We've all seen the team improve and Raheem improve. I can't wait to see what's next.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 26, 2011, 07:24:22 PM

I use to like Jimmy back in the day.  Don't hear much from him anymore.  He must have made a LOT of cabbage at the U and the Cowgirls gig.  Just livin the life now I guess.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 26, 2011, 10:42:28 PM

I knew from how quickly the DBs responded after he returned from Kstate he was a skilled coach and teacher. The Glazers knew what they had when they hired him; after losing so many front office people to promotions with other NFL teams they didn't want to lose Raheem too. He's a very quick learner too; the perfect fit for this team!
: August 26, 2011, 10:45:07 PM NotDeadYet

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 27, 2011, 07:49:20 AM

just pointing out the double standard.  nobody would have ignored my "stupid" racist post if I had made it back then.  I would have been suspended or banned.  Yet nothing will happen to this fool.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 27, 2011, 08:15:26 AM

I guess. Sorry you can't make racist remarks. You are obviously dieing too. It's so unfair.

Draft Aaron Donald

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 27, 2011, 09:51:49 AM

I guess. Sorry you can't make racist remarks. You are obviously dieing too. It's so unfair.
100 % fail of a post on your part.  I have the right to come here and enjoy my favorite forum without having to read racist remarks.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 27, 2011, 10:02:13 AM

Ok bro. You're the one quoting and bringing attention to some moron's idiotic post and complaining that you can't make similar posts....but I fail.

How about you just use the "Report to moderator" feature if you think it is inappropriate instead of quoting it and making an equally idiotic post?

Draft Aaron Donald

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 27, 2011, 10:10:06 AM

you must have reading comprehension problems.  i said "what if" I had made similar comments but replaced black with white.  would the comments be deemed racist?  you betcha.  i have no desire to make such comments nor do I want to read them.  and I'd rather call him out openly on it than go crying to the mods behind his back.  not my style.
: August 27, 2011, 10:12:54 AM Skull and Bones

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 27, 2011, 10:54:37 AM

Ok dude. Ignore the feature that is in place specifically for these kind of posts because you ain't no snitch! and instead fill the forums with more useless back and forth. Sounds like a plan.

I'll bow out though, otherwise this will go on all day. All I'm saying is think about using the report option next time. The post would be removed, the poster would be "watched" and you and me could avoid the pointless back and forth. "Calling him out openly" just feeds into the idiocy and puts a spotlight on the worst posts instead of the good ones.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jimmy Johnson was not a Raheem fan at first, but he is a believer now. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools